2024 Brownlow Medal Predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Walsh, a full preseason and injury free season and he’ll poll very highly.

If gws win a few more games Tom Green might get close

Gulden has a big advantage in terms of competition for votes. He feels like a good value bet, but will sydney win enough games?

Daicos is clearly an umpire favourite, and I fully expect that to continue into 2024. He will be around the mark.

Bont deserves one, but opposite to Gulden, he has serious competition for votes week in week out. Tough for him.

I would love to see Curnow or Jezza just take the competition by the scruff of the neck and finally win a brownlow as a KPF (i am still mad 100 goals didnt get Bud one), but I just don't see it happening sadly.

Lachie Neale to win a third Brownlow medal and solidify his legacy as the greatest midfielder of the modern era.

.... and if anyone disagrees, just look to the avatar and see which team they support and pot one their own team/players.

Lachie Neale to win a third Brownlow medal and solidify his legacy as the greatest midfielder of the modern era.
Does anybody genuinely believe neale is anywhere close to the best midfielder of the modern era??

GAJ is my pick for that, but I also have at least a dozen more ahead of neale.

As long as Horse doesn't mess with his role. Can never be 100% with him

I am surprised a non-Swans fan has noticed this but yes, Longmire loves moving players around, changing their roles. He hates drafting players who are just good at one thing. It is why we don't have any pure inside mids, because Longmire thinks if they can't do other things he doesn't want them in the team, and as a result the Swans are full of "jack of all trades, master of none" sort of players.

Obviously there are a few exceptions, as he isn't likely to move McCartin, but everyone else can be moved anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am surprised a non-Swans fan has noticed this but yes, Longmire loves moving players around, changing their roles. He hates drafting players who are just good at one thing. It is why we don't have any pure inside mids, because Longmire thinks if they can't do other things he doesn't want them in the team, and as a result the Swans are full of "jack of all trades, master of none" sort of players.

Obviously there are a few exceptions, as he isn't likely to move McCartin, but everyone else can be moved anywhere.

As a supercoach / fantasy player I have been on the receiving end of many of Longmire's "brilliant positional changes". 🤣

As a supercoach / fantasy player I have been on the receiving end of many of Longmire's "brilliant positional changes". 🤣

It is why Swans fans still don't really know what Heeney's, Mills, Florent's, Campbell's, Amartey's, McLean's or hell even Reid's best position is. I don't think Reid, Mills and Heeney have ever been played in the same position 3 games in a row.

It is why Swans fans still don't really know what Heeney's, Mills, Florent's, Campbell's, Amartey's, McLean's or hell even Reid's best position is. I don't think Reid, Mills and Heeney have ever been played in the same position 3 games in a row.
They do though, right? Mills is an inside mid. Heeney is a HFF, Campbell is a HBF/winger, Amartey is a KPF. Horse playing funny buggers chucking the magnets around doesn't change that does it?

Clarkson was the same when hawthorn were good. We had about 14 players we rotated through the midfield, and all non KPP would spend time on a half back or half forward flank.

Rioli was still a forward even if he got centre bounces. Mitchell was still a mid despite his time spent bludging at HBF.

bont would have to snag one before the next generation really announce themselves, hes defintely the best player in the comp for the last few years so would be a shame

but theres some monsters coming through now, Green will be a massive chance, obvioulsy gulden and naicos, serong anderson walsh, guys like sheezel ashcroft as well all looked primed to be stars

duke-nukem-3d-art_1440.0.0.jpg

Gulden has a big advantage in terms of competition for votes. He feels like a good value bet, but will sydney win enough games?

Daicos is clearly an umpire favourite, and I fully expect that to continue into 2024. He will be around the mark.

Bont deserves one, but opposite to Gulden, he has serious competition for votes week in week out. Tough for him.

I would love to see Curnow or Jezza just take the competition by the scruff of the neck and finally win a brownlow as a KPF (i am still mad 100 goals didnt get Bud one), but I just don't see it happening sadly.
Didn't the Swans finish above the Dogs?

Dogs just finish 9th.

Didn't the Swans finish above the Dogs?

Dogs just finish 9th.
Yeah maybe I am being unfair, but brownlow votes all go to mids and it feels like bont has more midfield vote competition (less now without dunks) than gulden does, but perhaps that isn't rating warner and the Sydney mids highly enough.

Max Gawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back