Live Event 2016 National Draft - November 25th, 6:30pm AEDT, Fox Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Taylin Duman (193cm Wingman from Oakleigh)
2. Lachlan Murphy (174cm utility from the Northern Knights, won their B&F)
3. Jermaine Jones (181cm small forward from the North Ballarat Rebels) (Could be others but I feel Jones has the best upside)
4. Oscar Junker (191cm Forward/Midfielder from the Western Jets)
5. Ben Ronke (181cm linebreaking Inside Midfielder)

are their any decent med/tall defenders?

are their any decent med/tall defenders?

A few. Mason De Wit (191cm) is a good player as is Ari Sakeson (190cm) Harrison Bult (198cm) is a bit like what Hamling is and is very athletic.

Having 4 defenders on the rookie list and nothing in other areas of need just puts me off us taking a defender in the rookie draft. Would perfer a jack of all trades utility or a forward.

A few. Mason De Wit (191cm) is a good player as is Ari Sakeson (190cm) Harrison Bult (198cm) is a bit like what Hamling is and is very athletic.

Having 4 defenders on the rookie list and nothing in other areas of need just puts me off us taking a defender in the rookie draft. Would perfer a jack of all trades utility or a forward.

Take into account the difficulty in improving players. Easier to improve defenders than forwards. Although, we have improved midfielders from the rookie draft too.

Norf hardly interviewed Simpkin, only spoke to him at the combine. Shocked they picked him.

Reckon he's a good pick, but they showed the least interest in him pre draft.

Is it just me or is there a little bit of NBA 2k name generator about some of the names in this year's draft?

What like Quinton Narkle who sounds like a character out of Harry Potter. He should get along famously with Wylie Buzza.

Is it just me or is there a little bit of NBA 2k name generator about some of the names in this year's draft?
Jermaine Jones as a name sounds exactly like a 90's US Track and Field athlete. Like some obscure Decathlon bronze medalist from the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.

Jermaine Jones as a name sounds exactly like a 90's US Track and Field athlete. Like some obscure Decathlon bronze medalist from the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.
Or a current member of their national soccer team

Jermaine-Jones-USMNT-Paraguay-Copa-America-Pregame-1-620x400.jpg

The Bulldogs draft board (Dummies Guide)

Jy Simpkin- (reaction Damn)
Daniel Venables- (reaction Damn)
Todd Marshall- (reaction Damn)
Tim English- (reaction Well he was my number one anyway)
Cedric Cox- (reaction Double Damn)
Ben Long- (reaction Beaten by St Kilda again)
Patrick Lipinski- (reaction Well he was my number two anyway)
Josh Williams- (reaction It's like they're reading our minds)
Tom Stewart- (reaction Wells you prick)
Mitch Hannan- (reaction WTF this is not funny)
Reach- (reaction Nailed it)
Reach Further- (reaction Nailed it)

Note- This is a work of pure fiction and has no basis in fact.;)

Last edited:
These media draft reviews are giving me a laugh. I haven't seen one yet where the journo has anything meaningful to say about our last two picks (and even our second rounder in some cases). Buckenara's article is a great example:
Swooped on ruckman Tim English who I thought would go in the top 10, so that’s a huge tick for the Bulldogs who would be thrilled. He’ll need time to develop and add some size but he’s so agile, has footy smarts and is a good kick for his size — clearly the best young ruckman in the draft. The Bulldogs have looked to the future with their picks and certainly do like the tall utility types as they’ve picked up two more in Patrick Lipinski — although at No.28 was a shock — and Fergus Greene. Lewis Young will develop as a key position depth player after losing Joel Hamling to Fremantle. Took no time to take their players when they were up, which tells me they got the players they wanted, no discussion necessary.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/f786d695420adf24d830fec585390bb4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they wanted Sproule they would have taken him with either of
their last two picks and GWS would not have matched. Fair to
say that Sproule is not on the agenda and would surprise.
Why does this apply to sproule as opposed to other undrafted players? If they wanted (insert player here), they would have taken him. If we happen to rate sproule highest out of the available players at our rookie pick, I reckon we'll take him.

A key defender is required
I actually did a phantom and could not identify our needs easily
which is a good thing i guess. I rated Sproule ahead of both
our last two selections, but we did not take him which would
suggest the Bulldogs recruiters did not rate him as highly as
i did. Tyler Kietel would probably be the best KPD option and
on a side note why not draft Xavier Richards who was only
trialed as a forward this year, both guys could be total
knobs for all i know though.

Why does this apply to sproule as opposed to other undrafted players? If they wanted (insert player here), they would have taken him. If we happen to rate sproule highest out of the available players at our rookie pick, I reckon we'll take him.
Hey bobby2, I guess it applies to all the undrafted players as no one
drafted them, but the poster mentioned Sproule in particular.

These media draft reviews are giving me a laugh. I haven't seen one yet where the journo has anything meaningful to say about our last two picks (and even our second rounder in some cases). Buckenara's article is a great example:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/f786d695420adf24d830fec585390bb4

100% someone ghostwrites Buckenara's articles for him. Either that or someone else deserves credit for Hawthorns recruitment in the last decade cause he operates in cliches its embarrassing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back