News 2016 St Kilda in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair bit of shuffling going on, but teamed up with the best footy caller in the Country (Huddo) and SEN is now my station of choice!

I liked SEN when it was a bit of a slightly ammo set up. I really liked Harford and KB they are good value. They have dumped Harf and bought in Gary Lyon...the promo ads make it sound like he wants to be anywhere else but doing radio, they promote Sam Mc Clure as the hottest property in AFL media and overall make it sound like triple M footy. I'm not holding out much hope for next year.

I liked SEN when it was a bit of a slightly ammo set up. I really liked Harford and KB they are good value. They have dumped Harf and bought in Gary Lyon...the promo ads make it sound like he wants to be anywhere else but doing radio, they promote Sam Mc Clure as the hottest property in AFL media and overall make it sound like triple M footy. I'm not holding out much hope for next year.

Harf is so casual in his call, so, never enjoyed his calls. KB is good value still.

Lyon is great and an astute judge of the game. 50-50 about his calls, but was funny when allowed latitude. I agree that he comes better across on tv.

Sam McClure is a light weight but reserve judgement until I hear more.

Frawley was already in the media and he was hysterical on MMM what the hell is he doing on SEN??

I'll miss him on the triple m rub. Didn't quite fit in there and wasn't funny, but provided a good counterpoint to Brian Taylor, Brayshaw, Purple and co.

Whenever I can I listen to the old fella on ABC grandstand: I think it's Gerard Wheatley but he sounds really old school. I like the cut of his jib, especially when Stan is doing the call with him and Adam White isn't calling: he's good but I can't stand his voice.

Last edited:
Gerard Whateley is one of my favorite media personalities. Him & Emma Quayle are probably the best in the business for respectful informative reporting - you don't see any of the regular media drivel from them like you would say a Barrett, Wilson or Robbo.

Gerard Whateley is one of my favorite media personalities. Him & Emma Quayle are probably the best in the business for respectful informative reporting - you don't see any of the regular media drivel from them like you would say a Barrett, Wilson or Robbo.

+1

Gerard is what Bruce was 20 years ago. A walking footy encyclopaedia.

Gerard is what Bruce was 20 years ago. A walking footy encyclopaedia.

Knowledgeable in more than just footy though. I far prefer listening to his cricket commentary than the television commentary and of course he also loves his racing, having had a serious love affair with Black Caviar :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jac...7/news-story/83a95314dc74febd55410911edc12eca

FYFE WILL END THE YEAR IN SAINTS COLOURS

MAKE no mistake — this is what St Kilda is planning for.

Nat Fyfe will be the hottest free agent prospect in town throughout 2017 and speculation surrounding his future is bound to continue, unless he pens a new contract. But how the Saints would love him in their colours by the end of the year.

The club has loads of room in its salary cap, has consistently stated they are looking to snare a big fish and, with two first-round draft picks up its sleeve, has the ability to trade for Fyfe should the Dockers match any free agency bid. Watch this space.

403bd60610c1aa769c5685f291865ac4

Nat Fyfe hasn’t faced St Kilda since 2014, but could he pull a reverse Ross Lyon and be in their colours at the end of 2017?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...6046b6f83e003cfe5ff2e4c0c9459a6?client=safari

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...c2f19095ce3056d102a43ea910c415f?client=safari

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...fe-rumours-20161123-gsw4dg.html?client=safari

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.t...da-setting-humongous-trade/amp/?client=safari

"BEST OF THE BEST: THE TOP 10 AFL GAMES OF 2016"

Rohan Connolly said:
There were great comebacks, neck-and-neck tussles and huge upsets galore, and several kicks to win games, one in a final no less.

Ranking the best of a bumper crop is no simple task, but here is in our view, the 10 best AFL games of 2016.

10. St Kilda 14.9 (93) d Geelong 13.12 (90) (Round 14 Etihad Stadium)

1482203940617.png

Geleong's Joel Selwood and Patrick Dangerfield look dejected. Photo: Getty Images

Some victories seemed to symbolise a coming of age. In time, this could be seen as St Kilda's. Geelong had won 10 of 13 games before this mid-season clash under the roof. But the Saints stunned them from the start with midfielders Jack Steven and Seb Ross in terrific touch, and young gun Jade Gresham all class. St Kilda led by five goals before the Cats woke up, opening up a nine-point lead close to the finish. The Saints, however, weren't done with. A magnificent sidestep and snap from Gresham gave them hope, and Stevens' kick off the ground clinched deal.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...top-10-afl-games-of-2016-20161220-gtf4eq.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...7/news-story/83a95314dc74febd55410911edc12eca

Jack Newnes signs new contract, says St Kilda players can feel buzz about 2017

83a95314dc74febd55410911edc12eca

Herald Sun
December 20, 2016 7:13pm
83a95314dc74febd55410911edc12eca
b
THERE is a special buzz around Seaford as St Kilda chases its first finals appearance since 2011, according to re-signed midfielder Jack Newnes.

Newnes, 23, had another year to run on his contract but added two more in a new deal this week.

TOP PICKS: ST KILDA 2017 SUPERCOACH PREVIEW

After rising from the wooden spoon in 2014 to 14th in 2015 and ninth this season, the Saints are leading the queue of teams hoping to push into the top eight in 2017.

And Newnes said the arrival of off-season recruits Koby Stevens (Western Bulldogs), Jack Steele (GWS) and Nathan Brown (Collingwood), plus the return of former Bomber Jake Carlisle from suspension, had confidence at the club levels sky-high.

“It’s a great feeling at the moment, I guess you can see the improvement already,” he said.

“You’ve got blokes like Nathan Brown coming in, Jakey Carlisle, Jack Steele, Koby Stevens; they’re already making a difference and everyone else seems to have gone to another level as well.

“There’s a fair bit of a buzz, we just can’t wait to get to March and start playing footy.”

Newnes said he didn’t waste any time on contract negotiations.

“My manager, Peter Lenton, came to me and gave me the offer from the club. We were pretty happy to sign it straight away,” he told the Saints website.

“I like to get them out of the way early, it takes a bit of pressure off. I just like to worry about my football.

“I had 2017, and now two more on top of that. I’m happy to lock in for three more years and hopefully we can start something special.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back