FTA-TV Game of Thrones Season VII

Who will die next week?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on jon and dany sex scene? Pretty average by GOT standards I thought.

To be fair, if they take the sex scenes any further, they'd be filming money shots.

Third son of a First Men house who honoured the traditions of their ancestors, like the Stark they see joining the watch as an honourable endeavour for a son that has nothing to inherit.

So Rickon was f***ed anyway.

I've come to really appreciate Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) as an actor... I don't profess to be an expert or even overly knowledgeable... and no doubt some wet blanket will tell me he is no good.. but he is fantastic as saying so much by saying nothing just through his expressions.

On the Golden Company, something I picked up during the show:

Cersei said she was plotting with Euron the whole time and he was going to use the fleet to go collect the Golden Company for her.

But if Theon has now killed Euron and taken back control of the fleet, does that mean that Cersei is waiting for reinforcements that aren't coming? Could be in for a rude shock there.

Was thinking that... sounds alot like lord of the rings when aregorn and co come off the boats at minas tirith...

Theon didn't kill Euron, he killed random Iron Fleet captain that pulled Theon out of the drink after Euron's ambush in ep 2.

Cersei said she was plotting with Euron the whole time and he was going to use the fleet to go collect the Golden Company for her.

But if Theon has now killed Euron and taken back control of the fleet, does that mean that Cersei is waiting for reinforcements that aren't coming? Could be in for a rude shock there.

Even if Theon doesn't get to him, I think Euron will almost certainly betray Cersei anyway. He's still never specifically said that he actually wants to marry Cersei. He just said he wanted to marry the most beautiful woman in the world and let that arrogant campaigner Cersei think he was referring to her. He's previously made it clear that he wants Dany and did you see the look on his face when she showed up to the meet on Drogon's back? There's not a chance he'll settle for Cersei IMO.

Does anyone else think the Theon/Yara story line is a bit pointless now? There is a war going on.

It could play a vital role in the end game if they get gain control of the Ironborn fleet again. If they do it could impact Cersei getting her reinforcements.

Or they sail North to reinforce the fighting troops up there.

After all this, it has always and continues to make no sense whatsoever that Ned Stark would risk permanently damaging his marriage by not revealing to Catelyn Jon/Aegon's true background.

He swore to his sister that he would take care of him. If he told anyone, and it got out that it was Rhaegar's child then Robert would have to kill him and brand Ned a traitor. Too risky IMO, but maybe he could have just told her. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all this, it has always and continues to make no sense whatsoever that Ned Stark would risk permanently damaging his marriage by not revealing to Catelyn Jon/Aegon's true background.
It makes perfect sense. Lyanna asked him to protect her son. The heir to the throne wouldn t have been safe if people knew who he was.

Littlefinger played himself, Sansa used his own advice against him because when she examined Arya's possible motives and goals she found taking Sansa's place wasn't there and then she had to examine Littlefingers motives and goals for why he'd want Sansa focused on Arya and then she started examining all his actions and started putting 2 and 2 together. Littlefinger went out exactly the way he should have, the way he'd always go out hoisted on his own petard.

I think Sansa is being given too much credit. That scene lets us know Bran was the man who sorted it all out for his sisters.

All the incriminating truth bombs came from Bran.

Any more to add? There are ships of reinforcements coming... Theons going to kill the dude bringing those reinforcements over.

What about that is implausible...
Theon will go home to his fish island assuming his uncles there. Uncles in esoss bringing over god king xerxes and his golden army. Theon will then occupy the fish island. Comprende?

thought the episode was pretty average

everything was extremely predictable

seems like all the favourites will be safe at the end with a few honourable sacrifices (jaimie or tyrion maybe both, most likely theon)

cant really complain but it does feel very rushed now

I think Sansa is being given too much credit. That scene lets us know Bran was the man who sorted it all out for his sisters.

All the incriminating truth bombs came from Bran.
It all depends when the Starks found out from Bran. If he told them immediately when he got home but the show didn't have that for intrigues sake, then the interactions between the sisters are mostly for little finger's benefit and they are putting him in a corner to see if Bran was right and that him finally pushing Sansa to take out her sister was the deal sealer, now they believe Bran and it's done.

The predictability comes from reading forums and spoilers .

Its why Bran is so wooden. All the possible lines of the future have been mapped out in his head so when it happens he is '' oh ok its this one ''

I disagree. It's a shit situation for Jon but Catelyn treating him like a bastard is what sells the lie and assures that no one will have any questions about Jon's true parentage. Also, in the books Robb's experience of growing up with a bastard brother plays a big role in his decision to get married, because he didn't want to bring a bastard into the world. This makes Ned's promise all the more tragic because he'd already lost his father, brother and sister as a result of Lyanna and Rhaegar's relationship and eventually his wife and son die because of it too.

Lost (save for the final season as there aint no saving that shit), Coupling and Buffy (admittedly thats only cos i was rooming with three chicks ten years ago and they had nothing else on dvd worth touching).
Good taste.. Coupling is/was one of the funniest shows ever made.

Back