FTA-TV Game of Thrones Season VII

Who will die next week?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

completely pointless and rather painful compared to the rest of the awesome shyte that's going on. something somewhat significant will have to come of it though if they're persisting with it.

though hopefully that was his simple exit stage left moment and we don't hear about them again.

I think it's a story device that leads to him finding out what Euron is really up to and then warning Jon.

He might head to the Iron Islands, interrogate some of Euron's men and discover he's bringing back the Golden Company.

Will be interesting to see if Jamie spills the beans when he heads north. Also interesting to see what happens if he crosses paths with Arya...

I am wondering whether the Night Kind has somehow planned to lure them north for that whole expedition, in order to somehow get the Dragon. I only ponder this because he used the Dragon to take down that section of the wall, making me think how else was he planning on getting around/through it to begin with?

But for that to happen he would have had to have somehow influenced the vision that the Hound had (that 'dagger shaped mountain') in the fire, at the very least... Seems too far-fetched to me.
Yep.. the NK needed a dragon to get through the wall, so he used the Magnificent 7 as bait to lure Dany & the dragons north. He even used the single WW and it's tame troup of wights, one of which was conveniently not turned by that particular WW, as bait to trap the Magnificent 7. Where it all falls down is that setting the trap still required knowledge of Jon's monumentally stupid and completely illogical idea of capturing a wight, to show Cersei.

A->B->C->D... B, C & D all make sense, but A is a complete failure of logic.

I think it's a story device that leads to him finding out what Euron is really up to and then warning Jon.

He might head to the Iron Islands, interrogate some of Euron's men and discover he's bringing back the Golden Company.

Will be interesting to see if Jamie spills the beans when he heads north. Also interesting to see what happens if he crosses paths with Arya...
The Golden Company is in Essos, to the east of Westeros (and Dragonstone). Why would Euron's men on Pyke, on the western side of Westeros, know anything about it? Meh.. at this point I wouldn't put any level of stupidity beyond the DBs.

The Golden Company is in Essos, to the east of Westeros (and Dragonstone). Why would Euron's men on Pyke, on the western side of Westeros, know anything about it? Meh.. at this point I wouldn't put any level of stupidity beyond the DBs.

I keep forgetting which side of the continent the Iron Islands are off. Figured he would drop by for a resupply but maybe not!

So how the heck is Theon going to know where to go after Pyke...

Yep.. the NK needed a dragon to get through the wall, so he used the Magnificent 7 as bait to lure Dany & the dragons north. He even used the single WW and it's tame troup of wights, one of which was conveniently not turned by that particular WW, as bait to trap the Magnificent 7. Where it all falls down is that setting the trap still required knowledge of Jon's monumentally stupid and completely illogical idea of capturing a wight, to show Cersei.

Well one of the theories floating around is that NK has the same abilities of Bran to see the present and the past which would explain it.

The bigger theory floating around is that NK and Bran are the same person

The Iron Fleet (or Euron's fleet) was moored outside King's Landing at the start of the episode.

Not a far hop, skip and a jump to Essos across the Narrow Sea from there

He did see them fall through the ice, at the start of the island seige.. and none of them ever returned. We also know that they stopped at the waterline in the Battle of Hardhome.

Even if they can't swim, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to just walk along the bottom. It's not as if they need to breathe - many of them are nothing more than skeletons.
Maybe they DID sink to the bottom during the island siege, then got distracted ... "Wait, wtf are all these chains doing down here? Better bring them along, just in case NK needs them. You know what he's like, banging on about recycling all the time."

The writers do have a great way of using poetic justice to kill off the villains - Ellaria watching her Sand Snake daughter die from the same poison she used on Myrcella was another example.
Makes you wonder how Cersei is going to get her comeuppance then.

Did Bran know what was happening? I assume he was 'seeing' everything, and then one could assume that he knew what the Eastwatch Allstars were getting up to and the purpose of the expedition.

Which in-turn can feed into the Bran = Everyone/Night King theory, as if Bran knew then the Night King probably knew too..................... Maybe the Night King can see things like Bran can?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Iron Fleet (or Euron's fleet) was moored outside King's Landing at the start of the episode.

Not a far hop, skip and a jump to Essos across the Narrow Sea from there
Nobody's questioning Euron's ability to get to Essos, or get the Golden Company back to Westeros.

The question is how Theon/Reek knows where to find him, in order to save Yara. As far as Theon knows, Euron's gone back home to the Iron Islands. If Theon follows him there, he'll be on the wrong side of the continent.

Theon discovering Cersei's plotting with the Golden Company makes a certain amount of sense, given that he's trying to save Yara anyway. It also makes him relevant, which he hasn't been since season 4. The question is how he knows to go east, when he thinks that Euron's gone west. We don't have the answer to that question, at least not just yet. I'm not calling it a plot hole - it's just something that hasn't been revealed yet.

That's one thing I'm looking forward to see.

Tywin died on the throne, so that's another case of poetic justice we can add to the list. Cersei's end is going to be well worth waiting for.

It's a bit harsh to complain about predictability. This thread itself is basically 156 pages of discussion of every possible permutation of every possible storyline.

The only things that will shock these days are things so stupid and left field they shouldn't be written into the show in the first place.

Disagree, perfect example would have been if Cersei had killed Jamie. Would have been well written, surprising, elevating the stakes and well within the scope of her characters malevolence.

Did Bran know what was happening? I assume he was 'seeing' everything, and then one could assume that he knew what the Eastwatch Allstars were getting up to.

Which in-turn can feed into the Bran = Everyone/Night King theory, as if Bran knew then the Night King probably knew too.....................
It's kind of plausible... but having omnipotent beings, who can see everything, is just really lazy storytelling. It would really suck if it does turn out this is how NK knew to set the dragon trap.

I like that Bran can see things, but he has to focus in on them. He didn't know to look for the Targ/Stark wedding, until Sam told him about it - then he was able to go back and view it. The problem is that the whole Magnificent 7 idea is so monumentally stupid and illogical that there's no reason for the NK to go looking for it, even if he could have seen the planning - had he been looking.

I imagine she will die giving birth, or Jamie will end her to complete his story arc and completing the valonqar prophecy. He will have killed the Mad King and the Mad Queen.
I think it's likely that Jaime kills Cersei. How & why remains to be seen. I will be very disappointed if she dies in childbirth.

What about when he crosses paths with Bran..

The Golden Company is in Essos, to the east of Westeros (and Dragonstone). Why would Euron's men on Pyke, on the western side of Westeros, know anything about it?

Ravens FFS.

Deadly dwarf baby looking more likely by the minute.

Can't see her getting offed with Zombie Mountain there though. Which begs the question of whether The Hound left KL with the others who hung around.

Couldn't Yara just be holed up in a dungeon in Kings Landing? Maybe thats where Theon is headed.
Possibly.. we don't really know what's happened to her. We know he had her in chains and was parading her around behind him when he visited Kings Landing before he teleported his fleet to Casterly Rock. Safest bet would be that she's imprisoned on the Silence, but anything is possible.

Ravens FFS.
He's on a mission so secret that Cersei didn't even tell Jaime, yet Euron is going to be sending ravens to tell the Iron Islands all about it? That's really, really, really dumb. That's even dumber than Jon's idea of capturing a wight to show Cersei.

Think before hitting "Post Reply".

He's on a mission so secret that Cersei didn't even tell Jaime, yet Euron is going to be sending ravens to tell the Iron Islands all about it? That's really, really, really dumb. That's even dumber than Jon's idea of capturing a wight to show Cersei.

Clearly before the meeting he sent a raven back saying, "will be going to Essos to pick up 20k soldiers, build me another thousand ships in 3 months to transport them." :drunk:

Think before hitting "Post Reply".

Story of your posting life. :$

Back