FTA-TV Game of Thrones Season VII

Who will die next week?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Great Episode will watch again..

Well played by Sansa to let Littlefinger think it was his idea to gather a kangaroo court ..

What happens when Bran tells Jon who pushed him from the tower ?
Bran: Yo, Aegon, something to tell ya
Jon: *blank look*
Bran: YO! Aegon, it's important dude
Jon: *blank look*
Bran: AEGON! YO!! FFS, what's with you?
Jon: Wut? Stop calling me that. You've changed man
Bran: Lol, you and me both not-bro

It's a bit harsh to complain about predictability. This thread itself is basically 156 pages of discussion of every possible permutation of every possible storyline.

The only things that will shock these days are things so stupid and left field they shouldn't be written into the show in the first place.

Yeah like imagine if Bran ends up being the NK. For the average viewer who doesn't pour over internet theories all week that would be a monumentally jaw-dropping reveal completely out of nowhere.

But for people on here... meh,so predictable.

He did see them fall through the ice, at the start of the island seige.. and none of them ever returned. We also know that they stopped at the waterline in the Battle of Hardhome.

Even if they can't swim, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to just walk along the bottom. It's not as if they need to breathe - many of them are nothing more than skeletons.
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought there was one stage in episode 6 during the battle on the ice where a couple of wights came up from the water and tried to drag someone (Hound or Tormund maybe?) in? I could be imagining it though.

a9vTmSu.jpg

Yeah like imagine if Bran ends up being the NK. For the average viewer who doesn't pour over internet theories all week that would be a monumentally jaw-dropping reveal completely out of nowhere.

90% of those punters are out there now scratching their heads wondering who the hell Rhaegar Targarian is now too!

I feel like bran dies during the war and then turns into the night king in the end.

It's quite logical than in a fleet as big as Euron's that with all the men he has that their destination will spill out or be leaked. Varys has his little birds for instance.
Yeah... nah! The normal way these things work is for Euron to sail over the horizon, then bring his Captains aboard the Silence to tell them where they're going. That way there's no chance of word getting back to shore. The idea is to keep the circle as small as possible, for as long as possible, to maintain operational secrecy.

I'm sure the DBs have a way of explaining how Theon knows where to look - we just have to wait until next year to find out what it is. I'm not calling this one a plot hole, we just haven't seen the whole story yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it makes sense that they can't swim. They don't have big bags of air in their chests, keeping them buoyant. That still doesn't explain why they can't just walk along the bottom of the lake, as was done in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I'm not saying that they can't - but we haven't seen any evidence of it, and Jon Snow says they can't swim.

I guess it makes sense that they can't swim. They don't have big bags of air in their chests, keeping them buoyant. That still doesn't explain why they can't just walk along the bottom of the lake, as was done in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I'm not saying that they can't - but we haven't seen any evidence of it, and Jon Snow says they can't swim.

Jon hasn't seen them swim, as you say, that doesn't mean they can't.

Yep.. the NK needed a dragon to get through the wall, so he used the Magnificent 7 as bait to lure Dany & the dragons north. He even used the single WW and it's tame troup of wights, one of which was conveniently not turned by that particular WW, as bait to trap the Magnificent 7. Where it all falls down is that setting the trap still required knowledge of Jon's monumentally stupid and completely illogical idea of capturing a wight, to show Cersei.

A->B->C->D... B, C & D all make sense, but A is a complete failure of logic.
only if you assume that was the only possible end game, which you can't. The reason they NK took so long to march wasn't because it was "lazy writing" - it was building an army. Turns out the dragon was the perfect way to get over the wall but it doesn't mean it was the only way. Just that it was the way that happened. Military strategy describes it thusly:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/28/16205048/game-of-thrones-season-7-cersei-daenerys-jon-snow

All of the White Walkers’ seemingly aimless wandering paid off the moment undead Viserion punched a hole in the Wall itself. Now the Night King’s forces are streaming into Westeros proper, where they have access to huge human population centers that they can kill and then raise as wights. The army of the dead is the scariest it’s ever been.

This is all thanks to the Night King’s patient strategy.

The conflict in the North was defined by what scholars call the offense/defense balance. The term, coined by Columbia University’s Robert Jervis, refers to the idea that technology can fundamentally shape whether states are likely to go to war. The Wall was a dominant defensive technology — it made it difficult, if not impossible, for the White Walkers to actually mount a successful assault on the Seven Kingdoms. The Night King correctly identified this challenge, and focused his energies on killing humans and giants and bears north of the Wall that could then be raised to make his army stronger. In essence, he engaged in a massive military buildup while waiting for a time when technological developments would shift the offense/defense balance.

And it did, the minute Daenerys sent dragons into his grasp. When the Night King killed Viserion and took control of him, he gained control of a technology that trumped the human’s chief defensive technology. He then attacked essentially immediately, busting through the Wall and into the North while the bulk of the human forces were deployed down south.

With undead Viserion in his grasp, the Night King is arguably the most powerful military force in Westeros. And he’s in a prime position to make his army stronger by sweeping across the North.

T Cersei being completely unmoved by the wight was entirely predictable, and showed just how stupid that whole Magnificent 7 storyline really was. What I didn't expect was the schism it caused between Cersei & Jaime.
I thought she was moved. Look at her expressions and her movements. They are not of somebody unconcerned or unmoved. She was unmoved by the strategic issues it caused.

only if you assume that was the only possible end game, which you can't. The reason they NK took so long to march wasn't because it was "lazy writing" - it was building an army. Turns out the dragon was the perfect way to get over the wall but it doesn't mean it was the only way. Just that it was the way that happened. Military strategy describes it thusly:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/28/16205048/game-of-thrones-season-7-cersei-daenerys-jon-snow

All of the White Walkers’ seemingly aimless wandering paid off the moment undead Viserion punched a hole in the Wall itself. Now the Night King’s forces are streaming into Westeros proper, where they have access to huge human population centers that they can kill and then raise as wights. The army of the dead is the scariest it’s ever been.

This is all thanks to the Night King’s patient strategy.

The conflict in the North was defined by what scholars call the offense/defense balance. The term, coined by Columbia University’s Robert Jervis, refers to the idea that technology can fundamentally shape whether states are likely to go to war. The Wall was a dominant defensive technology — it made it difficult, if not impossible, for the White Walkers to actually mount a successful assault on the Seven Kingdoms. The Night King correctly identified this challenge, and focused his energies on killing humans and giants and bears north of the Wall that could then be raised to make his army stronger. In essence, he engaged in a massive military buildup while waiting for a time when technological developments would shift the offense/defense balance.

And it did, the minute Daenerys sent dragons into his grasp. When the Night King killed Viserion and took control of him, he gained control of a technology that trumped the human’s chief defensive technology. He then attacked essentially immediately, busting through the Wall and into the North while the bulk of the human forces were deployed down south.

With undead Viserion in his grasp, the Night King is arguably the most powerful military force in Westeros. And he’s in a prime position to make his army stronger by sweeping across the North.
Missing a few bits here.. like the whole A->B->C->D argument I stated before. He's had his entire army since Hardhome, which was 2 seasons ago. He hasn't been building anything, he's just taken his sweet time walking a relatively short distance.

I thought she was moved. Look at her expressions and her movements. They are not of somebody unconcerned or unmoved. She was unmoved by the strategic issues it caused.
Same end result. They brought the wight down to get her onside, and put together a single army of the living. Cersei had no intention of being a part of that, which anyone with any understanding of her character would have known. The whole Magnificent 7 operation was stupid beyond belief, an idea which should never have made it off the cutting room flaw (pun intended).

Jon hasn't seen them swim, as you say, that doesn't mean they can't.
None of the wights are breathing, and most of them are decayed to the point where they no longer have lungs. Without those large sacks of air they lack the buoyancy required to swim. Walking along the bottom doesn't require buoyancy - and the dead don't require air to breathe. Swimming is implausible, but walking along the bottom is entirely reasonable.

None of the wights are breathing, and most of them are decayed to the point where they no longer have lungs. Without those large sacks of air they lack the buoyancy required to swim. Walking along the bottom doesn't require buoyancy - and the dead don't require air to breathe. Swimming is implausible, but walking along the bottom is entirely reasonable.

And that's probably the point of differentiation that Jon Snow hasn't accounted for.

Back