Review The Kids Are Alright Good Beveridge Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

I woundnt say he plays anything like Tex at the same age. Tex has had to become somthing similar to how fog plays through the historical lack of hard bastards on our lists coupled with a crippling injury . He was nothing like Fogarty at the same age in my eyes.
I think Geoff meant 'star focal point up forward for the Crows' rather than playing style

Absolutely not. Just look at his record. Hes in my top 10 favourite players of all time and I would have him working for me in a heartbeat if I could get him.

ahh Ruc. You never fail to deliver.

498684_127dc3bb56f8090afd2170c5acfe3519.gif

ad3bc1b21b148372f6425e28b06be699.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised no mention of Atkins, 9 possessions, a couple of those were late.

If we ever wanted proof that he’s the softest player in our team this was it. Too wet to get involved.

That’s pathetic.

Bash brothers (HG and CEY)

47 possessions
40 contested
17 tackles
16 clearances

These 2 were never in our front line midfield - but they have unquestionably stepped up and are carrying this side through a very difficult period
Rory needs to be inking up the quill. Not sure he’s holding all the cards or is in a position to be calling all the shots on his contract negotiations.

CEY and Greenwood doing an amazing job. They’re both so ****ing huge! And have arms like go go gadjet and hands like grappling hooks. But their strength in standing up with the ball with the pack hanging off them and being able to still get the clearance is their forte imo.

Surprised no mention of Atkins, 9 possessions, a couple of those were late.

If we ever wanted proof that he’s the softest player in our team this was it. Too wet to get involved.

That’s pathetic.
If he'd done well would you say he was beating up on an easy opposition?

Not the night for the skillful, outside player. Inside game, stoppage work, contested ball. Not the sort of game we need him.

Not the night for the skillful, outside player. Inside game, stoppage work, contested ball. Not the sort of game we need him.
Not all, I don’t think Atkins only plays well against shit teams.

Those conditions didn’t stop our other winger getting it 22 times.

Not all, I don’t think Atkins only plays well against shit teams.

Those conditions didn’t stop our other winger getting it 22 times.
Our other winger is in the All Australian team at this stage.

If that's your benchmark then Atkins will always fall short.

Did Atkins get it 27 times last week against a vastly superior opposition? How did Seedsman go?

Our other winger is in the All Australian team at this stage.

If that's your benchmark then Atkins will always fall short.

Did Atkins get it 27 times last week against a vastly superior opposition? How did Seedsman go?
Seeds had his quietest game last week but as you pointed out he’s in AA form so he is excused for a quieter game.

There’s also a major gap between 22 to 9, with a couple of those cheap.

Basically what you are inferring is when it’s wet we don’t need him, so why play him?

MACKAY racked up 15 with 8 tackles.

Atkins 9 with 3 tackles.

So yes it wasn't the night for outside players, but Mackay at least put in the effort and Atkins clearly didn't.

You need every player in your 22 every single game. Less than ideal conditions are NOT an excuse for a lack of effort and complete, utter softness.

Seeds had his quietest game last week but as you pointed out he’s in AA form so he is excused for a quieter game.

There’s also a major gap between 22 to 9, with a couple of those cheap.

Basically what you are inferring is when it’s wet we don’t need him, so why play him?
When it's wet the most important players are your inside players

That's for every game in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back