Official Club Stuff 2018 GWS Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years taken to reach 25k members....

Adelaide: joined 1991 :25k mark 1991 : years taken 0
Brisbane: 1987 : 2004 : 17 (was only above 25k 04-06 and then again in 15)
Carlton: 1897 : 1998 : 101
Collingwood: 1897 : 1998 : 101
Essendon: 1897 : 1997 : 100
Fremantle: 1995 : 2003 : 8
Geelong: 1897 : 2000 : 103
Hawthorn: 1925 : 1997 : 72
Melbourne: 1897 : 2007 : 110
North Melbourne: 1925 : 2008 : 83
Port Adelaide: 1997 : 1997 : 0
Richmond: 1908 : 1998 : 90
St Kilda: 1897 : 2004 : 107
Sydney: 1982 : 1998 : 16
Western Bulldogs: 1925 : 2006 : 81

Figures not available for West Coast 1987-1992 but assume they started with more than 25k so 0
Gold Coast haven’t got there yet

GWS: 2012 : 2018 : 6

Membership in 2012

Adelaide: 46,005
Brisbane: 20,762
Carlton: 45,440
Collingwood: 72,688
Essendon: 47,708
Fremantle: 42,918
Geelong: 40,205
Gold Coast: 11,204
GWS: 10,241
Hawthorn: 60,841
Melbourne: 35,459
North Melbourne: 33,423
Port Adelaide: 35,543
Richmond: 53,027
St Kilda: 35,440
Sydney: 29,873
West Coast: 57,377
Western Bulldogs: 30,007

Figures for both posts courtesy of footyindustry.com
http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=226

I didn't think the 25k figure would be reached and good to see but I feel it needs to translate to crowds at the ground and hopefully this weekend is a good sign that even the smaller teams can attract over 12000 to Spotless
It's so bloody cold at night at the moment, that will be turning families off this run of night games for sure

Details
92057b9517dc43bdd3733054c30fd965.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey Determinant what’s the deal with the car park pass? We haven’t ended up catching the train at all this year and last week ended up at the back of P6 because of the League and Celine Dion. Thinking of getting a pass next year but want some more info.

Hey Determinant what’s the deal with the car park pass? We haven’t ended up catching the train at all this year and last week ended up at the back of P6 because of the League and Celine Dion. Thinking of getting a pass next year but want some more info.
We get ours when we renew our membership which rolls over, we add the pass and any extras at the time, I think it was 120 this year.
If you attend all 8 Spotless games you save 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get ours when we renew our membership which rolls over, we add the pass and any extras at the time, I think it was 120 this year.
If you attend all 8 Spotless games you save 40

Is it a set spot/floor in P1 or just anywhere you can park. What about situations like Saturday night when it was all pre-booked only etc.

And it’s 25 to park so 8 games would be 200 so the saving looks even bigger.

Is it a set spot/floor in P1 or just anywhere you can park. What about situations like Saturday night when it was all pre-booked only etc.

And it’s 25 to park so 8 games would be 200 so the saving looks even bigger.
Nah, just drive in and be directed to the level they want you on, which doesn't always make sense. As well as the saving we have been effectively guaranteed parking on 3 or 4 occasions over the last couple of years where the P1 parking was sold out. It is only regular season too.. We've been doing it for 3 or 4 years so weren't aware the price had gone up, I checked and it was 130 last year.

The club is looking to buy back member seats for the Adelaide and Sydney games via merch vouchers, details below:

Can't attend one of our remaining home games? Return your seat and receive a credit towards GIANTS merchandise!

Simply follow the instructions below before 5pm Sunday 5 August.

Members who return their seats and they are then sold for the game will receive $20 off their next GIANTS Shop purchase over $50!*

Step 1) Login to your online GIANTS MyAccount here

Account ID:
Password: Personal PIN

Step 2) Click Manage My Tickets

Step 3) Click on the game you want to return your seat for

Step 4) Click Return

Step 5) Select your seat

Step 6) Hit return in the top right corner

Step 7) Click continue to return on the prompt screen

Step 8) Once read, select the tick box to agree to the Terms and Conditions

Step 10) Hit submit

You will then receive an email to confirm that your seat has been returned.

Having issues? View step-by-step visual instructions here

If you encounter any issues, please contact the membership team at membership@gwsgiants.com.au.

Kind regards,
GIANTS Membership Team

Last edited:
Cheers mate, we've RSVP'd for that one, how timely we are will depend on the start time as we will be loosely with a larger family group than normal being a saints game.
Will give it until the end of the week and then chase if I hear nothing still, from them or on here :)
So, "We will be announcing more as finals approach"

Clearly whatever was planned originally is no longer happening and they are now thinking on the run.

On a separate note, anyone know what the "Smart Connected Guernsey" is all about?

The club is looking to buy back member seats for the Adelaide and Sydney games via merch vouchers, details below:

Can't attend one of our remaining home games? Return your seat and receive a credit towards GIANTS merchandise!

Simply follow the instructions below before 5pm Sunday 5 August.

Members who return their seats and they are then sold for the game will receive $20 off their next GIANTS Shop purchase over $50!*

Step 1) Login to your online GIANTS MyAccount here

Account ID:
Password: Personal PIN

Step 2) Click Manage My Tickets

Step 3) Click on the game you want to return your seat for

Step 4) Click Return

Step 5) Select your seat

Step 6) Hit return in the top right corner

Step 7) Click continue to return on the prompt screen

Step 8) Once read, select the tick box to agree to the Terms and Conditions

Step 10) Hit submit

You will then receive an email to confirm that your seat has been returned.

Having issues? View step-by-step visual instructions here

If you encounter any issues, please contact the membership team at membership@gwsgiants.com.au.

Kind regards,
GIANTS Membership Team
Good signs for the last 2 games.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Clearly whatever was planned originally is no longer happening and they are now thinking on the run.

On a separate note, anyone know what the "Smart Connected Guernsey" is all about?
They didn't get the 200 people to sign up? They do mention a coaching insight session, was originally sessions though.
Not having to stress about finals tkts has some value to me. Possible to get them anyway but the club removes the worry of getting them in the right place at grounds where we wont have many supporters.

They didn't get the 200 people to sign up? They do mention a coaching insight session, was originally sessions though.
Not having to stress about finals tkts has some value to me. Possible to get them anyway but the club removes the worry of getting them in the right place at grounds where we wont have many supporters.

Possible, I didn't ask, I believe they were over-subscribed last year. I was originally told it would be in the middle of the season so something changed.

"The Sydney Derby XV is fast approaching. As a member of the GIANTS Orange Army we need you to help cheer our boys’ home when we take on the Swans at Spotless Stadium on SAT 18 August!

As a reserved seat member you will already have your seat you selected at the start of the season for the Sydney Derby. If you would like to sit within the GIANTS Orange Army, please reply to this email ASAP.

If you don’t want to sit with the Orange Army, you will not be required to do anything as you can sit in your existing seat."

Just got this email. Have to admit I've been a lazy Orange Army member. I have tried to be active in making noise from the Members Stand. Kinda comes naturally

I'm not sure if I should or not. I will be going alone and it pisses me off being surrounded by Swans fans for the Derby. Maybe I will.

Thank you for registering to take part in the GIANTS trial of connected guernseys. We can confirm that you will be participating in the trial.

On August 18 at Spotless Stadium, when the GIANTS take on the Swans in the Sydney Derby, the GIANTS and our partners Solos and XBlades plan to trial a new guernsey innovation aimed at improving the fan experience.

In the following days, we will contact you with details on how you will participate in the trial including match day timings and guernsey collection on the day. We have many exciting experiences lined up for your on the day.

Suspect it will be along the lines of NIKEConnect set up with the NBA jerseys this season. Google for more specifics.

Thank you for registering to take part in the GIANTS trial of connected guernseys. We can confirm that you will be participating in the trial.

On August 18 at Spotless Stadium, when the GIANTS take on the Swans in the Sydney Derby, the GIANTS and our partners Solos and XBlades plan to trial a new guernsey innovation aimed at improving the fan experience.

In the following days, we will contact you with details on how you will participate in the trial including match day timings and guernsey collection on the day. We have many exciting experiences lined up for your on the day.

Suspect it will be along the lines of NIKEConnect set up with the NBA jerseys this season. Google for more specifics.
That does look interesting, my wife was selected so will see, unfortunately she gave her size not mine, and there is a considerable difference :)

Just got the renewal pamphlet.
Everything's gone up.

Ultimate Giant membership =$598

AFLW = $65

Orange Army = $70. This was a steal this year at $20, including Polo and access to tkts to all games through the club.

200 club = $230.

:) Ah well, it's for something I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back