Memberships 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Could've sworn that the 5k figure was to date and the assertion was that it is strong growth for this time of the year heading into the 2024 season. I assume it's close to record breaking for this early in the season.

Happy to be corrected, though!
Yes, that is what I understood it to be as well - 5k of the 25kish membership this season is from Canberra. The 6,400 figure was the final membership for 2022, so proportionally 20% of the Giants membership is still from our Canberra region?

The Guardian reporting today looks like we're about to crack 30,000 members by end of the week, quickest ever in the season. :D

The Giants are anticipating reaching 30,000 members by the end of the week – the quickest they have ever reached that milestone

Hopefully made up of a decent number of members with Giants stadium access entitlements. 🤞

Last edited:

The Guardian reporting today looks like we're about to crack 30,000 members by end of the week, quickest ever in the season. :D

Hopefully made up of a decent number of members with Giants stadium access entitlements. 🤞
Fingers crossed.

I’ve said previously that I’ve been told we have had a massive amount upgrading memberships from 3 games to season. Fingers crossed that’s true.

Fingers crossed.

I’ve said previously that I’ve been told we have had a massive amount upgrading memberships from 3 games to season. Fingers crossed that’s true.

I do recall your post. :)

Would love to see a members update with breakdown of geography at a minimum..think asking for access entitlements figures would be a bit of a stretch.

Read this last year which I thought was interesting. We may see this also assist fuel growth:

Investing in analytics for NSW growth

The capabilities that the Melbourne-headquartered league has built its clubs are part of a broader growth strategy that has also seen AFL open its inaugural Parramatta-based ‘Expansion Hub’ this year.

The hub aims to increase AFL participation in Greater Sydney, boost the Greater Western Sydney Giants’ and Sydney Swans’ consumer revenues and convert NSW’s non-fans into first-time participants, attendees, fans and members.

AFL is also looking to hire a data insights manager for the hub to “develop and maintain a Greater Sydney data warehouse and Salesforce CRM, which consolidates consumer, participant, schools and other relevant data,” according to a recent job posting.

The manager will also “support the expansion hub marketing team to develop and execute a Salesforce marketing automation program – creating automated and personalised campaigns to drive acquisition and retention.”

Not sure if there is a thread on club growth so apologies if this is the wrong thread.

I am pleased that the club is prioritising specific suburbs/LGAs, this makes the most sense to be able to focus in on these regions of smaller geographical size, then spread out in time.

Furthermore, these are relatively close to Giants stadium which hopefully means these fans are attending games with greater frequency and the Giants will have more of a observable presence.

GWS, which provided a frank and in-depth snapshot of the club’s on- and off-field strategies to the media on Tuesday night, also faces a battle on the metric of “awareness” to those 2.6 million, with many unaware of either AFL and/or the Giants. GWS have a pyramid for finding fans – it starts with awareness (which is far lower than the Swans), second interest, then conversion (to follower), and finally “attendance” and membership.

GWS and the Swans are getting help from the AFL’s new fan hub, with the Giants prioritising specific suburbs/LGAs near their ground: Parramatta, Blacktown, Cumberland, Ryde and the Hills district, instead of attempting conversion of the entire west, which also is a soccer stronghold.

“Our collective priority is to connect with new audiences across Sydney to drive code and brand awareness,” said GWS chief executive David Matthews. “It’s a different challenge to other clubs, but it’s the biggest opportunity for our entire game.”

Club has passed 30,000 members.

I imagine an update from the club coming soon.

30,041 members :hearteyes: :D

The sell-out comes following record-breaking membership sales for the club, reaching 30,041 members in the fastest time in GIANTS history.

“It’s fantastic to see fans excitedly endorse the Opening Round concept and the fact the match is officially a sell-out is testament to the exciting brand of football we’ve shown and the momentum building under coach Adam Kingsley,” GIANTS CEO David Matthews said.

“We’re excited to be part of the AFL’s inaugural Opening Round and can’t wait to welcome what could be a record crowd to ENGIE Stadium as we look to test ourselves against the benchmark of the competition from last year.

“We are so proud to have over 30,000 members on board ahead of our first game of the season and we’re looking forward to our proud and passionate fans packing out ENGIE Stadium on Saturday to create an exciting atmosphere in what’s sure to be a cracking game of football to open a huge season for the club.”

Broken through our previous membership record of 33,036 to 33,257 members 😃

GIANTS Smash Membership Record
Momentum continues to build at the GIANTS, with the club setting a new membership record.

By GIANTS Media
Just now

The Orange Tsunami continues to make waves in 2024, with the GIANTS setting a new all-time membership record ahead of round six.

Topping 30,000 members for the sixth straight year in just the club’s 13th season in the competition, the GIANTS have set a new membership record with 33,257 proud members - and counting - making up the Orange Army in 2024.

After already smashing through last year’s record of 33,036, the GIANTS are looking to surge past 35,000 members by season’s end in what would be a remarkable achievement for the club.

The record membership comes following a record-breaking start to 2024 on-field for the GIANTS, who currently sit atop the AFL ladder after setting another club record with five consecutive wins to open the season.

GIANTS Chief Executive Officer David Matthews said the new membership tally is an exciting milestone for the club in what has been a brilliant start to 2024 both on and off the field.

“This is a significant achievement for the club, and it really shows the loyalty of our members and the excitement that we are generating across our community,” Mr Matthews said.

“To exceed 30,000 members for six straight years, and now to break our all-time membership record before round six is an incredible feat and we thank each and every member for your dedication and unwavering support for our club since the beginning.

“To have over 6000 members in Canberra for the third successive year is another huge milestone and we thank everyone in our second home for their continued passionate support.

“Our members are the lifeblood of our club, and we are hoping the Orange Army can continue to build as we aim to reach 35,000 members in what is already an exciting year for the club.

“After selling out our big Opening Round clash with Collingwood and our game with St Kilda in Canberra last weekend, the momentum continues to build and we’re excited about the rest of the season ahead and the hype that we are creating in Sydney and Canberra.”

Celia Carroll from Penrith, a proud Foundation member and GIANTS Cheer Squad member, has been with the club since the beginning and said it’s fantastic to see the GIANTS’ rapid growth in such a short period of time.

“In 2010 when they advertised foundation memberships, me, my husband and my son all went crazy for it. We thought ‘you don’t get a chance to be part of a foundation club that often’, so we jumped on board right from day dot,” she said.

“Since then, it’s been absolutely amazing. We really weren’t expecting them to do as well as they’ve done so quickly.

“My husband and I travelled over 7000km last September driving to every final we could be at, and then this year we’ve only missed one game, so we are very keen I guess you’d say.

“It’s really great to see more and more people, especially Western Sydney people, jumping on.

“We live in the heart of Panthers territory and it’s great to walk around the streets and see orange and see more and more people on board.

“AFL is developing out here and to see it grow and grow since the GIANTS have been around has been amazing to watch. It’s fabulous to see all of this happening.”
Story continues in link.

We have reached 33,510 members as of 24/04/2024. :D

Increase of 253 members since the last update on the 18th of April 2024.

Thursday’s sell-out comes following a record-breaking start to the season for the GIANTS, with the club recently breaking its all-time membership record to currently sit at 33,510 proud members - and counting - making up the Orange Army in 2024 so far.

I have been informed by the club that they'll likely release the membership infographic once we reach 35,000 members. :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back