Memberships 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a heads up for members to check email.
There’s a members connect on Tuesday.

Also been told we are ahead again on Memberships from last season, that and there have been quite a few upgrades.

Looking forward to the members connect.

Glad to be a part of the membership upgrade cohort. :D

Wonder what the breakdown figures are like - Hopefully club has seen an uptick in Sydney game memberships also. Would be great to see average Giants stadium attendance return to pre-covid levels or even exceed them with a nice upward trajectory across all season games at Giants stadium..

An article appeared in today’s newspapers comparing the different AFL clubs’ membership offerings. I thought it would be worthwhile to put up ours and those of our next door neighbour and also ‘co-expansionist’ brethren for a more specific contrast:

GOLD COAST

2023 membership figure: 23,359 (record) – 18th
Next year’s target: No specific target for the Suns, who want to break their record for a fifth year running.
What’s new: The biggest flexi option in the league is the Flexi 12 ($299). It offers 12 tickets to use any way, including all in one game or spread over any games at Heritage Bank Stadium.
Best deal: Likely the deepest interstate membership on the market, the Vic Suns ($245) provides entry to 11 games in Melbourne and general admission access to three home games on the Gold Coast for that midwinter holiday.
Cheapest option: Get into one home game plus pre-sale access to other matches, plus free public transport to home matches, for $70.
Most expensive: A Platinum member pays $809 to get the best seats at every home game, access to a bar, a $100 voucher to build a personalised member pack and a free ticket for a friend in a specific round.
For the kids: A Little Ray of Sunshine package gets a $20 credit to create a personalised member pack, for $30. Or a junior premium supporter costs $50, provides entry to one home game and $50 worth of club gear.

SYDNEY

2023 membership figure: 65,332 (record) – 10th
Next year’s target: The Swans are aiming high, hoping to hit 75,000 members.
What’s new: To mark the 150th club anniversary, most memberships will get a celebration pack that includes an iron-on commemorative patch, a key ring and a sticker.
Best deal: For Victorian fans, the Vic Ultimate Membership ($207) provides a seat at all Sydney games in Victoria plus general admission access to three SCG games. Go big in Sydney with the Gold ($467) or Platinum 11 ($651) package, securing the best seats for SCG games, plus if signed up before January 18, gold or platinum members get two bonus tickets to use during the season.
Cheapest option: The Red 5 option provides tickets to five SCG games plus priority finals tickets for Swans games, for $233.
Most expensive: Only 200 people make up the Redback membership, which provides top level seating for all SCG home games, access to a grand final ticket if the Swans make it, a pre-game briefing with Swans coaches and a ‘behind the scenes’ tour of the Swans HQ. Plus, an allocated player will send a signed photo and player badge and hang out with the member at the Redback Cocktail Party. All for $1281.
For the kids: A footy, drawstring bag, cap, personalised stickers and a pencil case are included in the junior member pack.

GWS GIANTS

2023 membership figure: 33,036 (club record) – 17th
Next year’s target: The Giants did not provide a membership target.
What’s new: The Giants are part of opening round and the early start against Collingwood can be added in to the club’s Sydney Gold ($418) package.
Best deal: A family pass for the three game flexi deal includes two adults and four juniors, providing entry to three games for $221.
Cheapest option: Get into three games and get a call from a player, coach or club boss once every three months with the three-game Giant membership at the cost of $95.
Most expensive: An Ultimate Giant will get reserved seats for all home games, priority access to all finals, a quarterly call with players, coaches and club bosses, a picnic rug and an invitation to an exclusive club event for $666.
For the kids: A Mini Giant ($35) gets a GWS-style birth certificate, a onesie and milestone cards for babies under two years old.

Just got my membership pack.

Interesting they’ve added a tier system with regard to “years as a member”. Only a Charcoal boy here.

But it’s good to see a “loyalty” set up like that.

Well done to the club.
They did have it last year but it wasn't well publicised. I only found out about it when buying some merch and noticed the different discount tiers.

I got my Membership Pack, the caps are pretty fugly. Not loving the new merch. Apart from the charcoal jersey of a couple of years ago which is absolutely sick the other stuff is nasty retro looking.

They are tricky loud colours to work with but particularly garish design! We’re still Puma yeah? They need to lift.

I got my Membership Pack, the caps are pretty fugly. Not loving the new merch. Apart from the charcoal jersey of a couple of years ago which is absolutely sick the other stuff is nasty retro looking.

They are tricky loud colours to work with but particularly garish design! We’re still Puma yeah? They need to lift.
Yeah, we only went with one actual pack this year (out of 4 members). And that just so my wife can put a sticker on her car! Received that pack a few days ago, and I agree about the hat.

Yeah, we only went with one actual pack this year (out of 4 members). And that just so my wife can put a sticker on her car! Received that pack a few days ago, and I agree about the hat.
They did an all charcoal hat a few years ago that was outstanding, i wish they would bring back something like that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received my membership pack today, pretty happy about that.

I like that the hat in some ways, though, a bit iffy about the orange around the front and velcro around the back. Guess they need to mix it up year on year. .

Think it'll grow on me, though.

They did an all charcoal hat a few years ago that was outstanding, i wish they would bring back something like that!

Wouldn't mind a charcoal hat, think that'd look great. I find the charcoal never surrender Guernsey currently in the Giants store outstanding, so imagine a charcoal hat would also look great.

Apologies if I've totally missed this, but is there a P1 parking season pass at Homebush for 2024?

Worked out a lot cheaper based on attending all home games when they had it.

Apologies if I've totally missed this, but is there a P1 parking season pass at Homebush for 2024?

Worked out a lot cheaper based on attending all home games when they had it.

There's nothing on the Giants public website as far as I can see, perhaps contact membership to enquire.

Lovely email from the Giants to round out the year. No mention how we're tracking with memberships/upgrades for next year as yet.

Noticed in some other threads some of the numbers being posted for other clubs so wouldn't mind an update on how ours are tracking off the back of this seasons run to September, if anyone has heard anything. :)

Last edited:
Welcome PenrithGWS :)

Believe the club reached an official tally of 33,036 members for the year.

Thinking we might get an update in the new year to see how we're tracking. Although, if I contact the club for an unrelated matter may ask them at the time to see if they're happy to divulge.

Won't be surprised if we're ahead on memberships and hopefully a nice new membership record. Would be great to beat it by a decent margin, all things going well. :D

Last edited:
Welcome PenrithGWS :)

Believe the club reached an official tally of 33,036 members for the year.

Thinking we might get an update in the new year to see how we're tracking. Although, if I contact the club for an unrelated matter may ask them at the time to see if they're happy to divulge.

Won't be surprised if we're ahead on memberships and hopefully a nice new membership record. Would be great to beat it by a decent margin, all things going well. :D

Thanks mate

I actually like the hat. I'm regretting getting the scarf in 2022 now and I never got one in 2014 as I signed up after the season started. Was stupidly supporting another mob before that.View attachment 1878736

Thanks for sharing, really good to see previous years designs set out like that. Upon reflection, I quite like this years. :)

Didn't realise a scarf was an option but good to know.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back