Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between a reason and an excuse cookie. Its a fair point being made.
I mean where did we suddenly have a list of huge experience and hardened bodies. That's a long way off still unless we trade it in.
The narrative on this site changes on an hourly basis.

How many people comment on how good our depth is, then when we get systematically outcoached the excuse then becomes, "we have no depth, injuries hurt us"

Can't have it both ways

Potatoes and Tomatoes all clubs have a plethora of 1st-4th year players in starting 22

We are no special snowflake.
Its not the young players. Its what else is in the list. Older bodies and minds. A dozen of them is manatory for them kids to run around with and we simply dont have it.

Our best ruckman Kruezer still hasn’t played a game
Charlie
Cuningham and Pickett for Gibbons and Polson
Still no Williamson
Kennedy for O’Brien
Doc
That’s a third of our team there
Teams that play to a coherent system cover the loss of injuries.

Collingwood made a grand final after having half of their best 22 missing for chunks of the year

Hanging onto Bolton now is just delaying the inevitable.

With a long term view, a loss to GC next week will be valuable as it may expedite the process of letting him go
Cookie sacking the coach now will set us back exponentially.
Now if we’re talking assistant caoaches well that’s a different story. Start with Fraser ,the worst vfl coach I can think of that you want developing your kids. I’ve been in the rooms at half time and he’s very underwhelming. I’d go as far as saying he has NFI. Why is Barker still there, where’s the fresh ideas and messages?
Bolton is fine.

Its not the young players. Its what else is in the list. Older bodies and minds. A dozen of them is manatory for them kids to run around with and we simply dont have it.

Jones beat buddy , Weitering beat Reid...

You are incorrect its the coaching and strategy behind the game plan. Only a rubbish coached team players stand in one position not presenting and its been happening for three years,

Cookie sacking the coach now will set us back exponentially.
Now if we’re talking assistant caoaches well that’s a different story. Start with Fraser ,the worst vfl coach I can think of that you want developing your kids. I’ve been in the rooms at half time and he’s very underwhelming. I’d go as far as saying he has NFI. Why is Barker still there, where’s the fresh ideas and messages?
Bolton is fine.
It will set us back of it's not what the players want.

From what I've heard, there are a number of senior players starting to voice discontent against coaching and strategy. Key protagonist being Kade Simpson

With a long term view, a loss to GC next week will be valuable as it may expedite the process of letting him go[/QUOTE]
Barracking for a loss. You are showing your true colours here. You are sounding exactly like the 'Unofficial Selection Committee' & as with them, I would be more than happy if you took your support elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will set us back of it's not what the players want.

From what I've heard, there are a number of senior players starting to voice discontent against coaching and strategy. Key protagonist being Kade Simpson
Not one player wanted out at the end of last season, not one. You are so full of it.

Neither do I.

I'm making an assessment based on the 2 wins that have come from the last 25 times we've played.

Like it or not, we became one of those sides we used to laugh about. What to do about it? That's where there is quite a lot of disagreement. My own opinion is toward honesty in appraisal, adjust from there.

Nothing to do with the coach.
We don’t have the depth to cover the injuries and the young talent are still very skinny and raw. Lots of upside but lots of things to fix. We need to recruit a gun defender who can set up attacks and distribute skilfully.
We have plenty of those that try hard and need to convert some of those high level AFL standard achievers.

cant blink

With a long term view, a loss to GC next week will be valuable as it may expedite the process of letting him go
like ratten ? that went well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back