Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While disappointed, club is bigger than the player. He would have quashed rumours well before now if he intended to stay. The longer it went on I fully expected this.

People need to get over it. Footy is like any workplace now. No one ever reveals their intentions to leave a workplace until they have some assurance re the next chapter of work.

What we need to do is get a good deal early then look to trade those picks for a KPP.

Maybe Langford will now play in his rightfull position.

Are we buying his reasons? I think Joe needs to be honest here, explain why your disappointed in our pathetic fitness department, they never did anything right by you for 2 years. There’s a reason we sacked the fitness boss and strength and condition boss during they year. They’ve failed a number of our players.

Don’t blame him but let’s not kid ourselves it’s......

1570259209415.gif

I wish him well but the bold face lying of players these days bothers me immensely!

He stared straight down the barrel of the Samantha Jones (Daughter of EFC royalty) interview and stated he wanted to be a one club player.

I'm sorry but that's just wrong.

I'm going to take this pretty hard to be honest. I'm 3rd gen EFC supporter and have managed to recruit my only daughter to the cause of whom Joe was really the only bright light she's been drawn to in a very bare achievment CV since she was born and he microwaves us like this...

How in the hell did it get to this?!?
Honestly, what do you want him to say to you?
lol

I wish him well but the bold face lying of players these days bothers me immensely!

He stared straight down the barrel of the Samantha Jones (Daughter of EFC royalty) interview and stated he wanted to be a one club player.

I'm going to take this pretty hard to be honest. I'm 3rd gen EFC supporter and have managed to recruit my only daughter to the cause of whom Joe was really the only bright light she's been drawn to in a very bare achievment CV since she was born and he microwaves us like this...

Who's her Dad?

Did you expect him to tell the truth?

A lot of people were pretty naive about this after the Daniher/Harley meeting.

Read on some thread earlier this week that there are some young players at the club who've become a tad narcissistic. Not sure if this dovetails with the knowledge of who that/those young players are, but I heard a story from some Bland Shire (NSW) locals last week that wasn't very impressive.

The council out there had a big Sherrin made and mounted on a pole and put up in Ungarie. Apparently Joe was asked to make an appearance in the town for its unveiling. Conditions he'd set were that he wouldn't do it unless they paid for his flight there and back, which is obviously fair enough. As well, though, that they had to also pay for some of his mates to fly up and back with him. It was said that after he didn't even stick around because they had a party to get back to in Melbourne.

Not sure how true this all is, but a s**t attitude if so. That town reveres the Danihers.
Context of character maybe?

Are we buying his reasons? I think Joe needs to be honest here, explain why your disappointed in our pathetic fitness department, they never did anything right by you for 2 years. There’s a reason we sacked the fitness boss and strength and condition boss during they year. They’ve failed a number of our players.

Lofl 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he has, why does he need it to go public and why would Essendon want it to be public if it’s painting the club in a poor light?

Essendon are the PR kings, every year we talk ourselves up or the media do and we don’t play it down. They won’t want anything getting in the way of 100k members. Losing Daniher in itself may impact member numbers.

Hate to say it but assuming we get adequate compensation, the result of him leaving will be a net positive.

Sure, he's an amazing talent but there are a couple issues.

1. He sure can set the world on fire but he's not been on the park for 2 years. Even when he was firing, we've never had any success we've not had in the last 15 years when he wasn't there. See point 2 for why.
2. This list has some very glaring deficiencies which have, and would have continued to over the course of Joe's career hampered his output.
2a. We have a deplorable midfield brigade filed with individual talent but no balance
2b. We have no AFL standard ruckman. TBC well past it, ZClarke not up to it and our biggest promise in this are is an untried youth mending an ACL.
2c. The 'System' or 'Culture' this club plays with is not up to premiership standard. No amount of stars will bring success to a group that plays like Essendon does. This looks like it is in the process of changing with Rutten and Caracella from external systems being brought in.

IF we did pick up 5 & 9, it would allow the list to be improved towards premiership standard, above what it would have been had Joe stayed.

If we picked up 5 and player, as above.

If we picked up 5 and a second, depending on what we did with the picks could be a net positive or a neutral outcome.

If we traded him for a couple seconds then it'd be devastating for list management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back