Autopsy Another day of same se

Remove this Banner Ad

#eco Can’t wait to go to Marvel tomorrow for not a north game. Might rid me of the PTSD that I associate with the place.

Like Perez but at one stage he was running back to defend space but left Ellis 15 metres inside of him in the clear. What are they coaching players?
Ellis only had 11 and little influence in a team that owned the midfield. Worth noting.

Clearly royal blue
Looks darker to me.. definately not royal blue..
01HaNM22MT2725.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the players for the most part are still having a crack, we see the effort and hurt is there. Set up some semblance of a structure the players can sustain and give some hope! We need some nourishment

Ellis only had 11 and little influence in a team that owned the midfield. Worth noting.
I think Perez is coming along nicely. My concern is more with the coaching. If the opposition has the ball you need to find an opponent or be close enough to make a contest. It just looked like he had been told to guard the boundary.

the players for the most part are still having a crack, we see the effort and hurt is there. Set up some semblance of a structure the players can sustain and give some hope! We need some nourishment
We need to turn another 6 or 7 players over just got to much dead wood. Polly, kayno, jz. Atus prolly a bust, cant see mahony being part of anything special but i think like polly he has another year, ronnies finished.

It's not like there weren't positives today - a really solid first quarter to set us up, and some pretty good efforts put in by guys like Young and Walker in the backline to try and stem the tide once things rapidly went south. Conditions weren't a non-factor either, it was clear that one of the issues from the start of the second quarter on was that we didn't have the energy to keep up.

But none of that excuses the sheer consistent non-competitiveness of it all. Yet again, opposition players spread with ease, and move the ball around at will - from stoppages, turnovers, whatever - whilst we prove incapable of shutting that down or doing the same when in possession, which means we end up working twice as hard to put scores on the board (on the increasingly rare occasion we're playing well enough to actually contemplate scoring...). Whatever semblance of a system we have still seems to be some deranged blend of slowly chipping the ball around, madly ambitious corridor plays just ripe for being carved up on the turnover, and highly-predictable down-the-line aimlessness. Once more, it's a performance far too flat and lifeless to provide any confidence that our long-term development is on track - quite simply, if this is part of the plan then the plan is wrong.

I don't think Noble is the core cause of our current problems; I'm more worried by whatever our list management strategy is supposed to be, and by the administrative complacency that sees us apparently happy with where we're at because, uh, other clubs who are now okay were once in a similarly terrible spot, and the coach is one of the few who at least comes across as a little bothered by our current continued failings. But breaking out of this rut is going to require far more than the subtle tweak of going man-on-man occasionally, and an intransigent insistence that we just need to get better at a system that's got us nowhere at all to date; we look so bereft of basic football capabilities at the moment that major change of some kind is rapidly required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back