Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper Stephens.

It has been suggested in the media that clubs should target Stephens to get back at us for targeting players from elsewhere.

If the club would be willing to let Cooper go in a trade I would be extremely confident that they dont see him making it and the joke would be on the club that targets him.

He is contracted, if they want to overpay to get him go ahead.

Sounds like if its Bowes +7 for FR2, and GWS want our FR1 for Bruhn, then Bruhn could miss out and may not be brokered if we can't land another FR2.

I suspect if Sav goes, it will be packaged with one of mid tier picks this year, for a FR2.

I'm completely chilled with the Henry trade.

18 will be the absolute most we will offer them.

I can see why we would offer less because it looks like he would definitely get to us in the National Draft with 18 (assumming we would take him with 18).

Obviously, it's not ideal to do it that way... I can see us getting him for a tad better deal than 18.

Anyway... he will get to us one way or another for sure.

The most remarkable thing in these situations is the club losing the player continues with the charade that keeping him is an option.

Thats really just a public thing to appease their members so it looks like they are 'taking a stand'.
Privately they know they cant keep him. Its just a matter of negotiating a price.

Why would Sav nom PA after the JHF bombshell if he wasn't told it could be done. It's not like he wants to go home to SA.

Mackie had Sav off the books and two days later he could explore options.

Obviously Port have put up something of great interest to us.

I’d be shocked if we got any more than a third round pick for Ratugolea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my opinion on O Henry - and i did watch plenty of Collingwood especially the 2nd half of the year because i backed them @ $4 at one point for the top 4 - so there was a financial interest in watching them etc

He is only young - but this is my opinion which im entitled to -and it is only a football forum

My view ( and years down the track i could look like a complete idiot - hah - but im prepared to take that risk - hah ) - i think Henry is Shane Kersten mark 2

Kersten moved well - and could take a nice o/head mark - from memory he was a highly touted pick - top 10 was tipped - maybe even top 6-7 - but he drifted on draft night and the Cats i think got him with their 1st pick 15 to 18 or whatever

And i can even remember his 1st practise game for Geel - it was at KP -and he took this o/head mark - - and i thought this bloke is going to be fantastic - and Kersten did move well

And that is O Henry in my view - his tank is questionable - he cant chase and run down defenders - they can push him out of the way - but just like Kersten if he gets a clear run at it - he can take a ripper o/head mark

And thus i think just like Kersten he is a suuckers pick - he was in the Coll 2nds - and i dont buy this bulldust - oh put him in the Geel system and he will improve - the only thing i will grant their - and it also applies to Bowes - is Geel historically win alot of games of football - so given that fact - those 2 players are in the best possible position to excel as footballers - simply because they are playing for Geel - who win alot of games
Ollie debut at 18 and is only 20 now Kersten debut at 21 Ollie already wins more ball but I agree on what I'm looking at there might be a need to work on the tank.

33 + 38 is more points than Brisbane's 25 + 56.

So hypothetically could get that 25 (still might need some steak knives though) and use it for Henry and keep our first this year.

There are just so many ways it can all pan out... I won't be surprised if a "non obvious" way get's it done.

Will be spewing if we give our F1 for Bruhn without at least something half decent coming back... But GWS are hard asses.

Lots of water to go under the bridge.

In the end... if the players we get turn out to be very good, that's all we can really hope for.
We can't trade FR1 and FR2, without having to find another FR2. That's the AFL rules supposedly. BUt I haven't checked the wording, it's what I've heard.

GWS want a FR1 for Bruhn, and our FR2 is supposedly part of the Bowes+7 deal. So we need to find a FR2 apparently.

Otherwise, the P18 for O Henry is the more straight forward deal without compromising the Bruhn or Bowes trade.

To me it seems, the Bruhn trade is the most susceptible to fall over if we can't get another FR2. But I could be wrong.

The Bowes trade has the side effect of saving our future 1st as we won't be able to get a replacement future 2nd.

Collingwood publicly are saying they value Henry, but all of their list moves have worked to push him out and devalue him. He is OOC and they've given him a s**t contract offer. They replaced him with Ash Johnson in the season and then brought in another structural piece in his way in McStay. They don't really want him to stay, would be wasted cap for them that they're throwing Grundy out to save.

On valuing Henry there is way too much tunnel vision on Henry's goal average and him being an early pick in the peak Covid year, he is very far from a certainty. You have to be much more well rounded to make it at AFL level, he has heaps to go.

It won't be a straight swap of 18 from Bruhn. We'll get something back.

Doesn't have to be Richmond's 31 could be St Kilda's 32.

We will get a future 2nd partly because we have to ie all our later picks we cant use them so we will flip them for futures but also because its needed to close deals.
Gws arent sending an early r2 this year back with bruhn thats fantasy imo. They will only either do it in futures (that way they can sell it better to their members) or they will only send back a later pick they arent using anyway (ie 50ish or something).
And even if we did get 31 back 31 wont get henry done alone.

Mcstay in is about grundy and restructuring their ruck setup not henry.
I respect your opinion a lot generally but i disagree with your assessment on the trade values here.
We will get bruhn henry and bowes and it will cost 2 1sts and a 2nd and we will get the 3 players and 7 and thats a great result.
If im wrong and we get them cheaper than that ill be happy to apologise but i doubt i will be wrong.

We can't trade FR1 and FR2, without having to find another FR2. That's the AFL rules supposedly. BUt I haven't checked the wording, it's what I've heard.

GWS want a FR1 for Bruhn, and our FR2 is supposedly part of the Bowes+7 deal. So we need to find a FR2 apparently.

Otherwise, the P18 for O Henry is the more straight forward deal without compromising the Bruhn or Bowes trade.

Thats correct that is the rule although afl can grant exemptions if they wish to.
We arent going to use our later picks anyway and we arent going to flush them for nothing so im sure we will be working hard to turn them into a future 2nd-2 birds one stone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like if its Bowes +7 for FR2, and GWS want our FR1 for Bruhn, then Bruhn could miss out and may not be brokered if we can't land another FR2.

I suspect if Sav goes, it will be packaged with one of mid tier picks this year, for a FR2.

We wont miss out on bruhn we will broker something to get the fr2 and get it done..i agree my guess is sav will be involved too.

Spot on and given that pick 18, FR1 and FR2 = pick 7, we are effectively getting them for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know its the net result not each individual trade that matters.

Can we trade our F1 and F2 if we bring in another future picks? Like trading our picks in the 40s-50s to Brisbane so they can get points, and getting a future pick from them?

We can only trade fr1 and 2 if we bring in another future 2nd.

Thats correct that is the rule although afl can grant exemptions if they wish to.
We arent going to use our later picks anyway and we arent going to flush them for nothing so im sure we will be working hard to turn them into a future 2nd-2 birds one stone.

We wont miss out on bruhn we will broker something to get the fr2 and get it done..i agree my guess is sav will be involved too.
P38 + Esava for a FR2. It's probably a bit unders that trade, but I suppose it needs to be if we need the others to materialise.

We probably won't need P38 anyway if we get all the trade targets in with Bruhn, Bowes and Henry. Then go to draft with 7, get Clohesy with next available pick after 40; upgrade Atkins and Close with the last 2 picks.

P38 + Esava for a FR2. It's probably a bit unders that trade, but I suppose it needs to be if we need the others to materialise.

We probably won't need P38 anyway if we get all the trade targets in with Bruhn, Bowes and Henry. Then go to draft with 7, get Clohesy with next available pick after 40; upgrade Atkins and Close with the last 2 picks.
Like, but be better if clohesy goes undrafted and we can add him too Cat B rookie list.

Rendalls knowledge of the current trade period is borderline pathetic.
Constantly bringing up players already delisted, uses note prepared for by other “said tonight he had Ben Lyons notes”

His misunderstanding of basic draft points, not to mention he always talks about trading a FR1 and FR2 like it’s easy.

Trade is my favorite time of the year but I legit have been preferring to listen to Andy Maher and JJ over these blokes.

So so bad at there job

We will get a future 2nd partly because we have to ie all our later picks we cant use them so we will flip them for futures but also because its needed to close deals.
Gws arent sending an early r2 this year back with bruhn thats fantasy imo. They will only either do it in futures (that way they can sell it better to their members) or they will only send back a later pick they arent using anyway (ie 50ish or something).
And even if we did get 31 back 31 wont get henry done alone.

Mcstay in is about grundy and restructuring their ruck setup not henry.
I respect your opinion a lot generally but i disagree with your assessment on the trade values here.
We will get bruhn henry and bowes and it will cost 2 1sts and a 2nd and we will get the 3 players and 7 and thats a great result.
If im wrong and we get them cheaper than that ill be happy to apologise but i doubt i will be wrong.

I'm not bothered by the disagreement. I'll try to explain my perspective more

Lets say you are Collingwood or GWS and you have a few cap related issues.
You have a 2nd year player OOC who while showing something is surplus to needs, you prefer other players in their prime positions so they aren't first choice, a good year with injury in other players and they're at risk at playing either a minimal amount of games say less than 10 or out of position.
Both players are being targeted by other teams pushing up their contract value if you were to keep them.

Lets say they've been offered 200k pa base over three years with a variable taking it up to a max of 350-400k if game and BnF targets are met. If you were inclined to match offer this you already would have in the middle of the year and ended this charade 3 months ago. Make sense that you didn't as they're surplus to needs. GWS don't want pay Bruhn 280k a year to play 10 games on a flank. Without injuries to others O.Henry might not even get that opportunity. McStay, Mihocek, Ash Johnson with Kruger and Cox in reserve and Elliot and Hoskin-Elliott providing a smaller areal threat, Collingwood are stacked in that area. Which is why they've offered O.Henry f all for a contract.

A new draftee is is on a base wage of 100k for two years, every game a draftee player over a 3 year or older is probably saving you 5k per game. You can pick a the a type of player you need rather than where you have glut of them. Instead of Bruhn they could play a 1st or 2nd year player 130k to do the same job and hope they develop further. They don't just get the pick value from us they get the cap space. Which is why we've been fine with dumping under performing early picks if they sought after better contracts elsewhere like Lang and Fogart. We lowballed Cockatoo.

They'll be a dance but a deal will get done. They don't want to keep them, they just want to get some value back for them.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about all this "we'll need to get another F2 or we can't do this or that".

If we go down that route and need to do that, we will do it and get that F2 no worries.

There's certainly going to be other ways to do things that might not be the "obvious" way... but you can bet we are working away at multiple avenues behind closed doors.

Maybe it happens in a way we aren't even thinking about... and it works out even better for us.

Stop worrying about this second round pick thing... We got it covered (if we need to get one).

Rendalls knowledge of the current trade period is borderline pathetic.
Constantly bringing up players already delisted, uses note prepared for by other “said tonight he had Ben Lyons notes”

His misunderstanding of basic draft points, not to mention he always talks about trading a FR1 and FR2 like it’s easy.

Trade is my favorite time of the year but I legit have been preferring to listen to Andy Maher and JJ over these blokes.

So so bad at there job
90% of two week reporting on nothing would would send me all Randall:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back