Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we are now getting into the season and we are starting to get a bit more serious with discussion, seems a suitable time to post the following as it's repeatedly shown itself to be a value reference tool in trade & draft discussion

And as per normal, thanks to Lore for putting this together - always a fantastic reference tool

And yes this post is now stickied - makes it easy to keep track of (can easily reverse this though if needed)

No tatts ✔.

Hair to long ...Jye Clark...?
I'm not concerned about the tattoos, I've got a few myself. Only flogs get them on their neck.

I was mitre 10 one guy had a few on he's face ...WTF..
A singer I think is exceptional has some on his face ... was a flog but turned his life around. There's not many better.

From what I'm told Grundy's GPS stats show that the furthest west he's ever ventured is Marvel stadium and he's never gone past the west gate bridge. It's Brunswick St or nothing for him I've been told. Apparently even had to be convinced to go down and play at the city end of the MCG such is his dislike for the west.

The perfect deal for him would be to be traded bak to Collingwood ..at pretty much the same pick ..and Melb keep 250 of his money for the 12 month Magical Mystery Tour of a forwardline

I gotta say, it's not bad being able to jump both feet first into draft and trade this early in the year. Wouldn't want to make a habit of it, but it's a nice change :)
Same here, it's refreshing. Like you say though, it'll wear thin pretty quickly.

It will be nice to watch a finals series with the goal of just watching good footy, and having no concerns over who wins, who we're going to play etc.

May the best team win (Minus Collingwood, Carlton & Brisbane...but you get the idea)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again.. I think its premature. His combine testing will certainly play a role. If he roles up looking like he is ona supersize me diet ... who knows which club pulls the trigger
He’s hoping he doesn’t have a blinder… Love us to nab him.
A step ahead football wise in the VFL outing he had.
Footy brain. Something half our squad lack I’m afraid.

Restricted free agent Tom Doedee is still mulling his future at the Crows after receiving a relatively modest contract offer after his second knee reconstruction.
This masthead can reveal Doedee had been offered a long-term deal at the Crows as a member of the leadership group and strong intercept marking defender.

Doedee had already torn his left ACL in 2019 but then in June tore his right ACL in a horror development for his contact talks.

Adelaide decided to park those talks to assess the situation, given the risk profile of a player returning from a second ACL tear.

The club’s revised offer was well short of the initial deal, which means Doedee has a decision to make on his future.

Brisbane had initial interest, but it is not known if they have lodged an offer for the 26-year-old.

---

No other club mentioned in the article

I'm no expert but I don't understand why we wouldn't be throwing all we could to get Grundy's signature

Ruck has been such a weak point for us for years..
We've already got someone on the list who'll be a hell of a lot better.

While we're in rebuild mode it makes no sense to sign Grundy at the expense of Conway's development.

We're at least 5 years off contending again.

We've already got someone on the list who'll be a hell of a lot better.

While we're in rebuild mode it makes no sense to sign Grundy at the expense of Conway's development.

We're at least 5 years off contending again.

I appreciate that's your opinion, has the club confirmed that this is the mindset?

If so, cool.

Something tells me that they think 24 is a chance - and if true, Grundy would be a great addition.

Grundy won't be going to Geelong.

Ceglar retired. Our ruck set up will be a rotation of Conway / Stanley / Blicavs and largely dependent on who we play. And they'll develop someone in the VFL in need, or rookie someone if they don't think Neale can play a forward / ruck role effectively.
Well we are not serious in progressing then. You need a quality ruckman pure and simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back