Traded Cooper Stephens - Traded to Hawthorn as part of Henry/Mitchell deal

Remove this Banner Ad

If you go into the draft with 2 open list spots

That is horrendous list management

Is it recess time at Primary School..?

You’ll not see a much better trade period than this, we’ve added 2, potentially 3 former first rd picks in their early twenties, added p7 and won’t be giving CS away as he is contracted which makes all the difference.

We have 4 open list spots...but we have to upgrade both Close and Atkins...

I'm not sure I'd be talking about 'horrendous list management' when you're giving away Mitchell and JOM for cents on the dollar of what you paid for them...and we just won a flag with our list and attracted 3 gun ex first round draftees, along with a Top 10 pick... whilst you will likely languish in the Bottom 6 again next year.

People in glass houses and all that.

We have 4 open list spots...but we have to upgrade both Close and Atkins...

I'm not sure I'd be talking about 'horrendous list management' when you're giving away Mitchell and JOM for cents on the dollar of what you paid for them...and we just won a flag with our list and attracted 3 gun ex first round draftees, along with a Top 10 pick... whilst you will likely languish in the Bottom 6 again next year.

People in glass houses and all that.
Everything else you have done - Genius

Going into a draft with 2 spots, horrendous, allows zero movement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything else you have done - Genius

Going into a draft with 2 spots, horrendous, allows zero movement

Ratugolea goes - 3 list spots. Stephens goes, 4 list spots, Simpson delisted and re-rookied 5 list spots. There's over a month until the draft, we haven't finished going through our list. Might want to hold fire UNTIL we finish our list management period.

IF a deal was being done for Stephens, it would make sense for us to just involve Stephens/Hawthorn in a straight 3 way for Henry.

Hawks gets Stephens, Collingwood get Mitchell, we get Henry. Obviously with some picks moving around as well.
Makes sense

Ild like us to get him. Ild be hopeful that a 3rd would be about right

I think we would take whatever helps get henry done-3 way trade with collingwood and mitchell.

IF a deal was being done for Stephens, it would make sense for us to just involve Stephens/Hawthorn in a 3 way for Henry.

Hawks gets Stephens, Collingwood get Mitchell, we get Henry. Obviously with some picks moving around as well.
Sounds simple but the picks will be the issue

Hawthorn will want more than Stephens for Mitchell
Collingwood will want more than Mitchell for Henry
Geelong won't want to give more than Stephens for Henry

No its not and we can open up an extra spot if we delist simpson anyway.

depend on what the club plan for him next year is, be out of contract and if he only plays vfl may just take the 3rd round pick now as you wont get that next trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back