Ted Ed Fred

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2006
Horrie Gorringe Stand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tasmanian Tigers
Seems to me that he is doing an excellent job, just flying under the radar lately.

Seems to have found his home on the HFF. Shocking disposal doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, and he works hard to get into dangerous space for the whole 4 quarters.

Well everyone that's been around for the last year and a bit knows my opinions of him.

They haven't changed.

He runs like a dog, both ways, and gets the hard ball when he needs to. Has a good pair of hands, both marking and handballing. The only problem with him was ocassionally he'd do an absolutely terrible kick and that's all anyone would remember him for. Hasn't happened this year though.

Love the guy!

His decision making is still slow and still seems a bit unco. But he has definately improved his kicking! deceptively strong overhead and is quite a decent tagger stopping the run of our HF line, gives it his all, makes a few mistakes here and there.

Very much flying under the radar, but like staker he's really improved his possession and disposal of the football. Not worried under pressure anymore. Great work rowan! :thumbsu:

i still think he is the cougar

fullZZZZZZTVC061011140058PIC.jpg

i still think he is the cougar

fullZZZZZZTVC061011140058PIC.jpg

Hahahaha, thats great :thumbsu:

He really pissed me off last year, he worked hard to get the pill but seemed to just choke whenever he got it, and i'm sure we all remember the sitter he missed vs adelaide in the finals..

Massive improvement this year. I've mentioned it on this board before but he has just been awesome this season, very consistant worker, passing accurately, kicking/snapping goals :eek::eek:. Good on the guy, you can really see his confidence growing on field and has no yips in front of goals now. I've actually been enjoying watching him play (although he's definitely one of the least attractive eagles, haha) and i'm beginning to think our team would REALLY miss him if he was injured.. perhaps more then some of our other big namers. What do you guys think?

Had a good game yesterday however one game doesn't maketh the player.
If he's able to do it consistently I'll revist my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always had good hands. have only seen one game this year, so i'd be biased to the past in saying his disposal is ordinary at best... but always gives his all....

Had a good game yesterday however one game doesn't maketh the player.
If he's able to do it consistently I'll revist my opinion.

Are you serious?

Yesterday was one of his quietest games for the year.

What about the game against Hawthorn. IMO was our best player that game.

He has been consistently good this year, taking strong marks across half forward.

However, I still don't trust him when the pressure's on.

I don't think he's in our best 22.

I'd like to see him try take more marks on the lead. From my viewing, I only notice him a couple (say up to 5) times where he leads and marks clearly. If he could up the anti and get the ball like that about 10 times per game, I think he'd be noticed much more and add a whole lot to our forward entry. Then again, guys like judd and kerr don't mark on the lead that much. But they are far better at getting the ball in congested areas. So its not so important to them. Cousins was good at taking marks across the wing, so he was noticed more. Am I correct there?

Well everyone that's been around for the last year and a bit knows my opinions of him.

They haven't changed.

He runs like a dog, both ways, and gets the hard ball when he needs to. Has a good pair of hands, both marking and handballing. The only problem with him was ocassionally he'd do an absolutely terrible kick and that's all anyone would remember him for. Hasn't happened this year though.

Love the guy!

Best. Post. Ever.

Quality player and definitely in our best 22.

Much of Rojo's best work either goes unnoticed or is under appreciated but his mistakes are always highlighted (kicking at goal is his great weakness).

I still remember last years semi against the Bullies - Rojo beat two players in a marking contest in the centre square dished off to Judd who ran forward and kicked a goal. Everyone says what a champion Judd is and how it was a great team lifting goal, but he would never have got the ball if Rojo hadn't won the contest.

His dedication and work ethic have ensured he's got the absolute most out of his skills, he never spat the dummy when he was left out of the side in 2005 and apart from his haircut has never done anything to embarrass the club.

A couple of our more highly skilled players could do worse than follow his example.

For all of that, if we ever have a full list to choose from he may not quite be in our best 22.

I think he is one of many big improvers for the West Coast this season..
Although I would have been ready to hang, draw and quarter him if that famous miss in last years SF against the crows had cost us the game :)

Gets alot of the ball, and is a surprizingly good mark for a player of his size. Still think his kicking is average at best, although he's alot better this season at pin pointing passes into the forward line or along a wing. Still prefer to see him handball more than kick tho.

regards,
Brayza

My old man was at a party the other night talking to tony micale and they were talking about him. Apparently, after judd, kerr, cousins and cox, he is the first selected by the commitee each week... before glass! Shows he definitely plays his role.

Ive loved the guy since he had all those 40+ possession games for claremont. Never let up until he forced his way back into the team. So many of our goals come from 50-50 contests which he is able to win (see mitch brown's goal on the weekend. Get bagged out by all my mates every time i stick up for him, even my girl who doesnt know much about footy, but i will support him forever!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back