Damien Hardwick says "I don’t have to remind anyone in this room what our track record is against the Cats on the biggest stage”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errrr….you mean the same St Kilda who has zero GF wins to show for 21 finals losses in my lifetime and the same Collingwood who has one GF win to show for 42 finals losses in my lifetime and if it loses a final before winning a GF will have an eye-watering ratio of of 1 GF win per 50 finals losses from 1959 onwards?

And in a GF those finals muppets are going to trouble Richmond who has a world leading ratio of one GF win per 2 finals losses since 1967?

Right.

you-full-blown-crazy-crazy.gif

I’m not going to get into a full blown back and forth with you on this because as of right now you’ve surpassed even my ability to choke up a thread with irrelevant facts but we didn’t beat the St Kilda that has not won a flag in 56 seasons

We beat the st Kilda of 2009.

What happens in other years - particularly given that THAT st Kilda was just reaching its best football - us utterly irrelevant

I may as well say that the Geelong you beat in 17-19-20 is the Geelong that didn’t win shit between 1963-2007 and then resumed not winning shit between 2012-2022 rather than the Geelong that has won 3 flags in the last 15 years.

Richmond fans hate geelong more than amy other side in the AFL, there is no doubt about it.. Yet this has come from richmond beating geelong over a premiership run which shows the tigers absolutely have elevated us as some big bad rival over those years when we werent at all. It just goes to show how average the competition was those years that richmond army put geelong on the rival pedastal to go head to head with.

In reality you guys should be quite fond of us after all those years of beating us, not going bizerk in every geelong thread having a meltdown

Don't get it twisted

We love Geelong, Geelong has been present in a few of the greatest moments of my life as a Richmond fan.

Not sure you could say the same lol.

Yet here you are, melting deflecting, coping

Good luck with that !

Don't get it twisted

We love Geelong, Geelong has been present in a few of the greatest moments of my life as a Richmond fan.

Not sure you could say the same lol.

Yet here you are, melting deflecting, coping

Good luck with that !

As a breathing, eating, typing definition of the word ‘melt’ this is ironic and somewhat hypocritical.

Again, as you seem to be unable to understand it, just because you weren’t good enough to be present during our highlights doesn’t somehow diminish how much we enjoyed them

As a breathing, eating, typing definition of the word ‘melt’ this is ironic and somewhat hypocritical.

Again, as you seem to be unable to understand it, just because you weren’t good enough to be present during our highlights doesn’t somehow diminish how much we enjoyed them

Haha, Cats fans now taking to arguing how much they enjoyed winning the Grand Final. If you have to argue about how much you are enjoying it you are obviously not enjoying it the way you might have expected. When you really enjoy something it just shows.

happy-cat.gif

Errrr….you mean the same St Kilda who has zero GF wins to show for 21 finals losses in my lifetime and the same Collingwood who has one GF win to show for 42 finals losses in my lifetime and if it loses a final before winning a GF will have an eye-watering ratio of of 1 GF win per 50 finals losses from 1959 onwards?

And in a GF those finals muppets are going to trouble Richmond who has a world leading ratio of one GF win per 2 finals losses since 1967?

Right.

Meteoric Rise you are like a broken record regurgitating the same nonsensical arguments about Geelong’s premierships somehow being worthless. Is it any wonder your one attempt at a serious thread was banished to Bay 13? For somebody aged 57 you are extremely childish in your ridiculous arguments. It explains so much about you…

Haha, Cats fans now taking to arguing how much they enjoyed winning the Grand Final. If you have to argue about how much you are enjoying it you are obviously not enjoying it the way you might have expected. When you really enjoy something it just shows.

happy-cat.gif
If you really are over 50 it would be fascinating to meet you.

I'd agree mostly with this. Dimma gets magnified because he's a head coach and Gary gets a freebie because of grief.
He didn’t get a freebie he got wacked hard by the media and internally by players and staff. Hawkins ended up punching him in the face over it. Reality is, dimma was a scumbag who cheated on his wife and so was Rohan.. but guess what is another reality?? You don’t lose your job over being a family scumbag sadly.

Meteoric Rise you are like a broken record regurgitating the same nonsensical arguments about Geelong’s premierships somehow being worthless. Is it any wonder your one attempt at a serious thread was banished to Bay 13? For somebody aged 57 you are extremely childish in your ridiculous arguments. It explains so much about you…

56 and a person’s argument doesn’t become childish merely because it is inconvenient to a position you are wanting to perpetrate. 😁

I don’t say Geelong’s 4 Premierships in the last 60 years are worthless, no Premiership is worthless. That is a silly thing for you to say. I just say there is a self-created stain on Geelong's flags, and they have never beaten in a Grand Final one of the top 7 teams at converting finals appearances to Grand Final wins in my lifetime. They are 0-6 against those teams in Grand Finals. But they are 4-0 v Second Division teams in Grand Finals, indicating the Cats are too good for Second Division, but not quite good enough to beat a Div 1 team in a Grand Final, more or less what Damien Flagwick was saying not in so many words. 😁

You are right, it probably is unethical how we just show up on the finals stage at our leisure and win one Grand Final per two losing finals in my lifetime. It is definitely unfair that we are world leaders in that statistic, about 50 fathoms ahead of the hapless Cats who have never beaten a team of any note in a Grand Final in my lifetime. Port Adelaide’s 1 GF win per 14 losing finals is the best of what the Cats have beaten in a Grand Final in the last 57 years.

Probably harsh, but Cats are a bit second division in terms of finals conquests aren’t they? 😁
We only beat a reigning premier who many were claiming were the best team in 100 years throughout the season we won. We were the only team to beat them for the entire season. If it wasnt for us collingwood 2011 would be the only championship team in over 120 years of vfl/afl history.

oh and two years earlier we beat a team who won their first 17 games and only lost when they rested half their starting side. Again probably up there as one of the best non premiership sides in 100 years.

this is what makes geelongs dynasty better then all the modern ones. The calibre of the opposition we beat.

who did richmond beat? non melbourne sides. Thats it.

56 and a person’s argument doesn’t become childish merely because it is inconvenient to a position you are wanting to perpetrate. 😁

I don’t say Geelong’s 4 Premierships in the last 60 years are worthless, no Premiership is worthless. That is a silly thing for you to say. I just say there is a self-created stain on Geelong's flags, and they have never beaten in a Grand Final one of the top 7 teams at converting finals appearances to Grand Final wins in my lifetime. They are 0-6 against those teams in Grand Finals. But they are 4-0 v Second Division teams in Grand Finals, indicating the Cats are too good for Second Division, but not quite good enough to beat a Div 1 team in a Grand Final, more or less what Damien Flagwick was saying not in so many words. 😁
Unfortunately for your argument they don’t play teams who’ve lost grand finals. They play clubs.

What the Collingwood of the previous 50 years have to do with the 2011 version is anyone’s guess.

Richmond’s 3 flags recently came against us - who are a losing grand finals side and who apparently can only win them against sides with historically bad records.

So no achievement winning that one.

Against GwS who didn’t exist the previous time Richmond won any final. No pedigree there.

And sure, Adelaide may have had a 100 per cent GF win rate. A) not sure what it means when the last Crow to still be playing retired 6 years earlier and b) the Crows had been arguably the worst big-game side of any regular finalist in the intervening 20 years.

So well done. Three more flags that don’t really mean a lot

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only beat a reigning premier who many were claiming were the best team in 100 years throughout the season we won. We were the only team to beat them for the entire season. If it wasnt for us collingwood 2011 would be the only championship team in over 120 years of vfl/afl history.

oh and two years earlier we beat a team who won their first 17 games and only lost when they rested half their starting side. Again probably up there as one of the best non premiership sides in 100 years.

this is what makes geelongs dynasty better then all the modern ones. The calibre of the opposition we beat.

who did richmond beat? non melbourne sides. Thats it.
That GWS side has to be the worst grand final opponent we have seen in a very long time. Absolutely dead set garbage.

That is a very weird literally meaningless stat. Why would the performances of a Carlton team from 1980 with Bruce doul in it have some reference to the performance of a Carlton team today etc?? I get your trying to act like a troll, just don’t make such a laugh of yourself is more the point I am getting at here.

Unfortunately for your argument they don’t play teams who’ve lost grand finals. They play clubs.

What the Collingwood of the previous 50 years have to do with the 2011 version is anyone’s guess.

Richmond’s 3 flags recently came against us - who are a losing grand finals side and who apparently can only win them against sides with historically bad records.

So no achievement winning that one.

Against GwS who didn’t exist the previous time Richmond won any final. No pedigree there.

And sure, Adelaide may have had a 100 per cent GF win rate. A) not sure what it means when the last Crow to still be playing retired 6 years earlier and b) the Crows had been arguably the worst big-game side of any regular finalist in the intervening 20 years.

So well done. Three more flags that don’t really mean a lot

If it is that easy to beat teams with a better ratio than 1 Grand Final win per 14 finals losses in the last 57 years, why have Geelong never done that from 6 attempts? If what a team achieves has nothing to do with what other previous teams the club has produced, why do Collingwood and St Kilda keep getting more or less the same shocking results in finals decade after decade and teams like Hawthorn, Richmond and Carlton consistently get much better results in finals? Why can Geelong never beat these type of teams in Grand Finals but can only beat the likes of St Kilda and Collingwood?

The patterns are too consistent to support your argument.

Right.

It’s all about the quality of the side that season and the group over a couple of seasons. That collingwood side in 10-11 are probably one of the greatest win loss teams ever over a two season period. In 11 they literally would have broken records and won every single game of the HA and finals if it was not for geelong. They were an unbelievable side. St kilda literally won 17 straight in 09 and were just as good. The caliber of who we had to beat sets us miles apart from flags like Richmond’s, who lets be honest… that GWS side was laughable, the Adelaide side couldn’t even make the finals the season after and we’re a one season flash, and we just were an average good team in 2020. Richmond never beat a quality opponent in a grand final. A permanent asterisk to the credentials of the flags

That is a very weird literally meaningless stat. Why would the performances of a Carlton team from 1980 with Bruce doul in it have some reference to the performance of a Carlton team today etc?? I get your trying to act like a troll, just don’t make such a laugh of yourself is more the point I am getting at here.

I can see why Geelong have such a mediocre record at converting finals appearances, as a club you just haven’t worked out what the better finals clubs do to achieve their records.

Can you troll by pointing out facts?

It’s all about the quality of the side that season and the group over a couple of seasons. That collingwood side in 10-11 are probably one of the greatest win loss teams ever over a two season period. In 11 they literally would have broken records and won every single game of the HA and finals if it was not for geelong. They were an unbelievable side. St kilda literally won 17 straight in 09 and were just as good. The caliber of who we had to beat sets us miles apart from flags like Richmond’s, who lets be honest… that GWS side was laughable, the Adelaide side couldn’t even make the finals the season after and we’re a one season flash, and we just were an average good team in 2020. Richmond never beat a quality opponent in a grand final. A permanent asterisk to the credentials of the flags

LOL Richmond are the number 1 team at converting finals appearances into flags in my lifetime. St Kilda and Collingwood are just about the two worst. However great you wrongly think their 2009-10-11 teams were they won exactly zero Grand Finals between them. Nil.

You are saying if it wasn’t for Geelong’s presence they would have won 2 Grand Finals between them. Yet if it wasn’t for the presence of Richmond, Geelong 2019-2022 would have won 3 Grand Finals on their own. Yet St Kilda and Collingwood of 2009-11 are super teams and Richmond beat nobody. 🤣🤣🤣

If it is that easy to beat teams with a better ratio than 1 Grand Final win per 14 finals losses in the last 57 years, why have Geelong never done that from 6 attempts? If what a team achieves has nothing to do with what other previous teams the club has produced, why do Collingwood and St Kilda keep getting more or less the same shocking results in finals decade after decade and teams like Hawthorn, Richmond and Carlton consistently get much better results in finals? Why can Geelong never beat these type of teams in Grand Finals but can only beat the likes of St Kilda and Collingwood?

The patterns are too consistent to support your argument.

Because we play the team not the record books and continuing to think that you’re somehow funny or edgey or some sort of antagonistic genius by banging on about it makes you neither.

Richmond don’t continually get better finals results. If they did they wouldn’t have waited my entire lifespan to make another grand final.

For perspective, we had 9 test captains, 9 prime ministers, 3 lead singers of AC/DC, lost half the members of the Beatles, added 6 clubs to the AFL, hosted an Olympic Games and 3 commonwealth games, won a Tour de France in that time.

Hell, Sri Lanka weren’t even a full ICC member and they won not one but TWO world cups: Richmond couldn’t even win two f***en consecutive finals, and you want to brag about their finals pedigree because when you peaked like any good side you started to cash in and win trophies?

Under Hardwick you didn’t make it past the first week of the finals 3 times in a row.

Just because you were too shit to have a double chance and lose again doesn’t mean you are better at finals than a team who loses 6 finals in 3 years but wins a couple.

Let it go.

I can see why Geelong have such a mediocre record at converting finals appearances, as a club you just haven’t worked out what the better finals clubs do to achieve their records.

Can you troll by pointing out facts?
Strong clubs consistently compete in finals and win premierships along the journey. You would have to pretty stupid to not work out the more often you make finals the lower your grand final winning percentage will be from efforts. And you would have to be even more stupid to claim a club who has won 4 premierships in 15 years has concerns with winning flags. Under your logic, the club finishing 8th who doesn’t win the grand final is placed lower than the side who consistently finishes 9th(Richmond). It is an incredibly stupid way of analyzing

Because we play the team not the record books and continuing to think that you’re somehow funny or edgey or some sort of antagonistic genius by banging on about it makes you neither.

Richmond don’t continually get better finals results. If they did they wouldn’t have waited my entire lifespan to make another grand final.

For perspective, we had 9 test captains, 9 prime ministers, 3 lead singers of AC/DC, lost half the members of the Beatles, added 6 clubs to the AFL, hosted an Olympic Games and 3 commonwealth games, won a Tour de France in that time.

Hell, Sri Lanka weren’t even a full ICC member and they won not one but TWO world cups: Richmond couldn’t even win two f***en consecutive finals, and you want to brag about their finals pedigree because when you peaked like any good side you started to cash in and win trophies?

Under Hardwick you didn’t make it past the first week of the finals 3 times in a row.

Just because you were too s**t to have a double chance and lose again doesn’t mean you are better at finals than a team who loses 6 finals in 3 years but wins a couple.

Let it go.

You are a mess.

Richmond have won a Grand Final for every 2 losing finals in my lifetime, and the club has won 8 flags in that time. Richmond knows what it is doing in finals. Geelong believe if you keep giving yourself a chance you will get lucky sooner or later. 😁

Strong clubs consistently compete in finals and win premierships along the journey. You would have to pretty stupid to not work out the more often you make finals the lower your grand final winning percentage will be from efforts. And you would have to be even more stupid to claim a club who has won 4 premierships in 15 years has concerns with winning flags. Under your logic, the club finishing 8th who doesn’t win the grand final is placed lower than the side who consistently finishes 9th(Richmond). It is an incredibly stupid way of analyzing

Would love to see Geelong actually beat a club that knows what it is doing in finals in a Grand Final. It just never happens. 😁

LOL Richmond are the number 1 team at converting finals appearances into flags in my lifetime. St Kilda and Collingwood are just about the two worst. However great you wrongly think their 2009-10-11 teams were they won exactly zero Grand Finals between them. Nil.

You are saying if it wasn’t for Geelong’s presence they would have won 2 Grand Finals between them. Yet if it wasn’t for the presence of Richmond, Geelong 2019-2022 would have won 3 Grand Finals on their own. Yet St Kilda and Collingwood of 2009-11 are super teams and Richmond beat nobody. 🤣🤣🤣
So let me just clarify something for a moment. Is the quality of the premiership based off the quality of your opponent in the grand final, or is it based off the history of the clubs finals statistics since existence according to your theory?

You are a mess.

Richmond have won a Grand Final for every 2 losing finals in my lifetime, and the club has won 8 flags in that time. Richmond knows what it is doing in finals. Geelong believe if you keep giving yourself a chance you will get lucky sooner or later. 😁

What do I care about your lifetime? For most of mine they’ve been known specifically for not even making it. Well done what a thing to be known for.

The funniest thing is you still think this is some sort of pissing contest, if in fact you believe any or what you say.

It’s not. You’ve won more flags than us ergo you’ve had more success. I’m not arguing otherwise. Well done. You follow a side with more silverware so enjoy it.

Doesn’t change the fact that missing finals to preserve your finals record is like a Socceroos fan bragging about how we’ve never lost a World Cup semi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back