rd-13-png.1430270

home
Round 13
away
6.3 (39)QTR 15.1 (31)
10.4 (64)QTR 26.4 (40)
14.4 (88)QTR 39.5 (59)
18.9 (117)Full Time13.7 (85)

In the final round of the home and away fixture for Season 34, the high-flying Roys hosted a Wonders team hoping to get themselves a finals berth. The Wonders needing a win to make the 8.

The teams traded goals to start the game, but consecutive goals to Soggy2112 gave the Wonders an 11-point advantage. But as the quarter drew to a close, the Roys kicked it up a notch and ended the first quarter with 3 goals to Mike, hotchilli and royboy2 ending a first quarter shootout with an 8-point lead.

A goal to SM got the Wonders back to within a kick at the start of the second quarter, but it was all the Roys from there kicking the next four goals to take a 24-point lead into half-time.

It was another goal for goal quarter in the third, during which Zevon notched up his fourth goal as the Roys powered through to a 29-point advantage at the final change. The Wonders simply could not keep up with the Roys' intensity and when Zevon kicked goal number 6, the lead ballooned to 52-points. Only a few late goals by Frothies McVeigh restored some respectability on the scoreboard ending with a 32-point victory for the Roys and the Wonders being knocked out of the top 8.

Goals -
Roys FFC;
Zevon 6; Mike 3; Hotchilli, Royboy2, tigs2010 2; DERRINALPHIL, Jacknah_8, Wosh

West Coast Wonders; Frothies McVeigh, Soggy2112 3; SM 2; Cubs2Lions, Harpsichord, Jezzajay, LukeParkerno1, Wojcinski

Best -
Roys FFC;
Kabanna, Zevon, tigs2010, Royboy2, Jacknah_8, DERRINALPHIL

West Coast Wonders; Soggy2112, Cubs2Lions, Harpsichord, ClarkeM

View attachment 1561110

Soggy2112 Wosh Cubs2Lions

=================

And with that result we know Tigerturbulance will DEFINITELY be walking away a Mobbenfuhrer Medalist tonight the only questions is whether he will walk away as the sole Mobbs Medalist of S34.
Tigerturbulance congratulations!!!!! greatness gets recognised here ive learnt. very glad to see you and mrs T pull off the double.

now to just go back to back

tflua-tiger-medal-png.1430203

Now I will award the TFLUA-Tiger Award for Administrator's Choice of best QOOTY player of Season 34. For this award, I look beyond the raw statistics and dig deeper into the context of the player's performance and will generally look for those who are outstanding in roles that might not generate a lot of stats.

This season's TFLUA-Tiger Award may be a surprise to many as it is UNPRECEDENTED for a player in this position to win any individual award.

I would like to award the Season 34 TFLUA-Tiger Award to the Baghdad Bombers' Jabba73.

Many of you might be hopping over to Sweet FA Plus and thinking WTF!!?

View attachment 1560967

How can such shithouse stats be rewarded as the best sim player by any metric!?!

And yes, they do look like very s**t stats if you want to measure on a purely statistical criteria.

But I have conducted in-depth research into Jabba73's performances in the back pocket and found out that he had a dominant season as a defensive player.

Jabba73's season:​
  • R1: 21 disposals, 9 marks - 1 goal conceded
  • R2: 3 disposals - 0 goals conceded - oppo donuts!
  • R3: 1 disposal - 4 goals conceded
  • R4: 5 dispsoals - 1 goal conceded
  • R5: 2 disposals - 0 goals conceded - oppo donuts!
  • R6: 6 disposals - 0 goals conceded (Elmer_Judd All-SFA FP)
  • R7: 11 disposals, 3 marks - 0 goals conceded - oppo kickless
  • R8: 7 disposals, 6 tackles - 2 goals conceded
  • R10: 2 disposals - 1 goal conceded
  • R11: 9 disposals, 3 marks - 1 goal conceded
  • R12: 7 disposals, 1 mark - 0 goals conceded - oppo kickless
  • R13: 27 disposals, 5marks,1goal - 0 goals conceded
  • QF: 12 disposals, 2 marks 0 goals conceded
  • PF: 7 disposals 0 goals conceded - oppo kickless
When you look into the performances of his opposing forward pocket. Jabba73 managed to keep his opponent in 8 out of 14 games to date. Two occasions he kept his opposition to donuts, zero stats all round and on two other occasions the opponent didn't even get a kick. He also kept All-SFA Forward Pocket Elmer_Judd goalless when they went head to head. In fact he only conceded more than 1 goal on two occasions this season and only really had one game against the Old Boys where his opponent really beat him.

For such incredibly miserly defense, I would like to congratulate Jabba73 on winning the TFLUA-Tiger Award and being the first ever back pocket to do so.

show_image.php
Thanks for taking the time to put this together, you have destroyed my hard won perfect record of never having won any awards … twice in a week.

Looking forward to finding out what joining this exclusive club means, hopefully there is cake during the ceremonial expunging of all previous Banhammer records.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All jokes aside, bad luck tigs2010
Would have been fun seeing you win that

Congratulations Tigerturbulance. Remember me and everything I’ve done for your qooty career in your acceptance speech

S34 R12-3
rd-13-png.1430270

home
Round 13
away
2.8 (20)QTR 10.2 (2)
5.11 (41)QTR 23.5 (23)
11.14 (80)QTR 36.7 (43)
16.16 (112)Full Time10.9 (69)
In the final round of the home and away fixture for Season 34, the Ophidian Old Boys clashed with a lowly Dragons FFC at Spotswood Oval in a must-win scenario for the Old Boys to make finals.

Old Boys got off to the ideal start with Mrs Turbo setting up Mobbs who runs into an open goal square. But from then on, the Old Boys would have the yips kicking 7 consecutive behinds. Blaze Storm and Hatchy1992 would also miss chances for the Dragons and a Heisenberg_ intercept would allow Bonz to take a long shot for goal to break the duck. Old Boys leading by 12 at the first change with 10 scoring shots to 2.

Bonz would continue his chase for the Fred with 2 goals in the second quarter, but Hatchy1992 would counter from the other end with 2 of his own and when Strigoi goaled before half-time the Dragons only trailed by 18 points despite the Old Boys dominating midfield.

MC Bad Genius opened up a 4 goal lead for the Old Boys quickly, but an answer by A Swallow and Strigoi's goal put the Dragons back within 13 points. Another Bonz goal was followed by a Pie 4 Life goal, but that was as close as the Dragons would get. Two goals to Wickzki, Mrs Turbo and Heisenberg_ put them 37 points up at the final change.

The Old Boys would cruise to a 43-point win to book their spot in finals and condemn the Dragons to their first wooden spoon in their history.

The Cryptkeeper and Tigerturbulance dominated the midfield throughout the game and powered the win.

Goals -
Ophidian Old Boys;
Bonz 4; Heisenberg_,Tigerturbulance, Wickzki 2; Axialmat7, Callums_Guns, MC Bad Genius, Mobbs, Mrs Turbo, The Cryptkeeper

Dragons FFC; Hatchy1992 4; Serial_thrilla, Strigoi 2; A Swallow, Pie 4 Life

Best -
Ophidian Old Boys;
The Cryptkeeper, Tigerturbulance, Elton Johns Wig, Bonz, Callums_Guns, Heisenberg_

Dragons FFC; Hatchy1992, T2B_, Dragodelph, A Swallow

1669381249865.png
Tigerturbulance Strigoi The Cryptkeeper

There it is! Turbo boots Tarks off the podium to take the mantle of Mobbenfuhrer Medallist all by himself in Season 34! What a good night for the Turbo household, Mrs Turbo wins the EKA and Mr Mrs Turbo wins the Mobbenfuhrer Medalist, the inaugural Ophidian Old Boys captain wins the league best and fairest in the club's inaugural season ending up with 21 votes in 12 games.

Round 13:

c6XN5jp.gif

Saw the end of a 5 game run of votes for tigs2010 in a stellar season.

bicE4M8.gif

Pq9Ox2i.gif

G4fkM1X.gif

RTzne7U.gif

gab213, JyeDye, The Cryptkeeper, and Sky all picked up their first career votes in the Sweet Football Association!

qyHk2px.gif

Round 13 saw us add a 16th player (MP_) to the list of players to have over 100 Mobbenfuhrer Medal votes.

cOo2kze.gif

akkaps also picked up career votes number 50 and 51!

Last edited:
This event is so long that I:
  • watched a whole World Cup game
  • finished my 5 hour shift
  • drove 40 mins home
  • ordered hungry jacks
  • finished dinner
  • got changed
  • got ready for bed
  • in bed now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back