Event SEASON 36 MOBBENFUHRER MEDAL COUNT - START 6:15PM AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks all for joining in on tonight's Season 36 Mobbs Medal count. Congratulations to DenieD, Falconista, manangatang, Gralin, okeydoke7 on your respective awards.

But most of Tonga Bob on winning the big one. You are quickly becoming one of the most decorated players in the history of the league.

I will not be able to be involved in grand final day but wish the best of luck to the Bears and the Gumbies and hope you all enjoy grand final day as philreich, FootyGuy13 and Cadsky take you through that.

The BEEZ count will happen next Friday, 15 December 2023 and will officially mark the end of my time as administrator of the Sweet FA.

Good night everyone!

Bloody wow!!! I said last night that this place continues to surprise, and tonight only proves it! I'm speechless, so here's Friend of the Warriors Steve Buscemi to accept my award.

9235370-large.jpg

Congrats to Ljp86 Millky95 & norway blue on having awesome seasons, feels a bit like I stole it off you so sorry for that. If you like you can wear the medal for 30 minutes each.

Kennedy Parker & TheInjuryFactory thank you for putting on another outstanding night! It's before midnight too which is a real bonus.

Mazel tov to DenieD Gralin Falconista manangatang and [checks notes] okeydoke7 for winning awards tonight, you've all done bloody brilliantly this season and you deserve your success.

To my Warriors teammates, I'm here because of you. Straight up. This Mobbs Medal is yours as much as it is mine. Well kinda, but you know what I mean. You're all bloody rock stars!!!

Finally best of luck to the Gumbies and Bears this Sunday. Individual awards are great but you're playing for the ultimate prize, enjoy the rest of the build up and the game itself.​

Season 36 Round 9​

Baghdad Bombers 16.10.106 def by 19.10.124 Coney Island Warriors​

The Warriors still held top spot despite a rare loss at the Colosseum last week, while the Bombers risked losing their spot in the eight after a heavy loss to the Roys. The game was a cracker with the scoreboard dude earning his keep tracking 45 scores and several lead changes. The ruck contest sparked the game with The Sultan (17 hitouts, 27 touches and a goal) and pantskyle (17 hitouts, 26 touches) duking it out for possession. norway blue (23 touches, 2.1 goals) ran the show at times but Tonga Bob wasn’t going to let the Bombers have it all their own way and tackled everything that moved (21 disposals, 10 tackles, 1.0 goals). Jabba73 kicked 3.0 but was overshadowed at the other end by The Filth Wizard with 6.1.

p.png

Mount Buller Demons 11.8.74 def by 14.6.90 Gumbies FFC​

Third placed Gumbies travelled to Baghdad off the back of a regulation thumping of the Furies last week, while the Demons improved their chances of making the eight with a 1-point win over the Phoenix. In a fairly unremarkable game, it was at least a competitive one, with 9 lead changes. sausageroll and nobbyiscool battled it out in the middle to an identical stat sheet (22 disposals, 1 goal), Yakker put in a shift with 31 touches and Wosh snagged 3 goals for the Bombers. CatToTheFuture was one of only 2 multiple goal kickers for the Warriors (13 touches, 2.0 goals), while GWS Goose dragged his team over the line with 23 touches and 5 tackles. The game really could have gone either way until the Bombers ran out of steam in the middle of the fourth, and the Gumbies took advantage.

p.png

East Side Phoenix 18.16.124 def 14.18.102 Dragons FFC​

Pheonix had suffered a narrow loss to the Dragons last week and had made noises during the week that they were going all out to correct that this week against a Dragons side fresh from the bye. DemurePrincess put the Phoenix in the lead with a behind in the 3rd minute and East Side stayed in front all day to claim the points. Callums_Guns and The Majestic had the ball on a string (32 and 34 respectively), and Itsmyshow did Itsmyshow things kicking 6.4 Ljp86 turned back the clock with a 23 touch, 11 tackle game but it was never enough, in part because of the inaccuracy of PhenomenalV1 (4.3 goals) and Greenery (3.5).

p.png

Roys FFC 19.10.124 def by 22.10.142 Fighting Furies​

Roys returned to the BJO on the back of a good win over the Bombers, while the Furies were dead last after losing at home to the Gumbies last week. Even though this game was a good old-fashioned shoot out, the Furies clearly gained strength from propping up the rest of the league and stuck it to Roy over four quarters. DERRINALPHIL (22 hitouts, 25 disposals) and JackNah_8 (32 disposals) worked hard to get the ball to _Mike_, MrsEddieBetts, and Mooch who shared 10 goals between them. Frederico_WA was like a man possessed (32 disposals, 7 tackles, 2.1 goals and 11 - ELEVEN - frees for. Teacher’s bloody pet). Bovo had 33 touches and kicked 3.0 with Feraligatr also kicking 3.0 in a very handy Furies win.

p.png

Las Vegas Bears 20.12.132 def by 22.8.140 West Coast Wonders​

Bears had missed the chance to take top spot last week when they lost narrowly in Sin City, while the Wonders had given them that chance by beating the Warriors. So this game was expected to have some zip about it. And so it did. Cap was so good in the ruck (22 hitouts, 3.1 goals) that the Wonders played three different opponents on him - none of them slowing him down. RonnieRaven (25 disposals, 3.0 goals) and Tandy (23 disposals, 3.1 goals) ran around and caused havoc but the Wonders just worked a little bit harder with Cubs2Lions (29 touches, 3.0 goals) and jezzajay (30 touches, 1.1 goals) getting the rub of the green. However, there was one great big blinding light in this game. Putting on a forward display for that will be used in training videos for years to come. Take a bow 10-goal hero DenieD.

p.png

Sin City Swamprats 16.8.104 def 15.7.97 Ophidian Old Boys​

The Rats had snuck into the 8 last week after a narrow win over the Bears, while the Old Boys went the other way, losing at home to the Royals. The Old Boys got out of the blocks early with first quarter goals to Bonz (5.4) and TJohn (19 disposals, 1.1 goals) but after that the Swamprats had it largely under control - the final scoreline somewhat flattered the Old Boys - BRAB had a 10 possession game which somehow didn’t involve a single kick. How the hell does that work? Kennedy Parker dominated the ruck and pretty much the whole ground with 13 hitouts, 30 touches and 2.1 goals. GotTheGoodes contributed strongly with 20 touches and 2 goals of his own but it was philreich with 6.1 who laid the most damage on the scoreboard.

p.png

BYE: GCR​

The Royals were probably wishing they had a game this week to continue the momentum from last week in beating the Old Farts away from home.

Thanks for the tag friend.

p.png

Now it is time to reveal the EKA Medalist for Season 36. The EKA is awarded to the best rookie poster as decided by the Committee Representatives in accordance to a 3-2-1 vote.

This season's rookie class was an absolute boom crop with some finding the league through league recruitment initiatives, others finding the league themselves, and many getting here through a cold-call recruitment PM that convinced them to jump down the rabbit hole of the SFA.

Anyway without further ado, in a great rookie crop, there was one that stood out above all and that is Gralin!
RankRookieVotesWell-known posters in this EKA placing
1​
Gralin (DEM)
28​
Wosh brahj serial_thrilla Barrybran Elton Johns Wig
2​
Ocha905 (CIW)
18​
Tonga Bob Kennedy Parker
3​
King Tenz (SDR)
17​
The Filth Wizard Van_Dyke

Gralin joined the league after enjoying an initiative on the General Discussion Board after we managed to raise some significant funds for the Sikh Volunteers Australia and from then on has taken to the league like a fish to water (or is it duck to water? I forgot the saying). He's been heavily involved in all aspects of the league being a prominent poster in Demons match threads while also actively engaging in media threads outside of his team. It's hard to believe that Gralin is new to the league as he already posts like he has such deep knowledge of the concept.

Congratulations to Gralin on a well deserved EKA win!

Other strong performers include Ocha905 at the Warriors pipping King Tenz for second place.

Beyond that DemurePrincess was a great find for the league standing out at the Phawks with 9 votes while cats_09 and JoseMourinho landed 2 votes each with nobbyiscool and Drizzy rounding out the votes with one vote each.

Hope you all stick around for a long time and drive a golden era for the SFA!

eka.png
eka.png
eka.png
eka.png
eka.png
Bloody oath Gralin !!! Congratulations!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody wow!!! I said last night that this place continues to surprise, and tonight only proves it! I'm speechless, so here's Friend of the Warriors Steve Buscemi to accept my award.

9235370-large.jpg

Congrats to Ljp86 Millky95 & norway blue on having awesome seasons, feels a bit like I stole it off you so sorry for that. If you like you can wear the medal for 30 minutes each.

Kennedy Parker & TheInjuryFactory thank you for putting on another outstanding night! It's before midnight too which is a real bonus.

Mazel tov to DenieD Gralin Falconista manangatang and [checks notes] okeydoke7 for winning awards tonight, you've all done bloody brilliantly this season and you deserve your success.

To my Warriors teammates, I'm here because of you. Straight up. This Mobbs Medal is yours as much as it is mine. Well kinda, but you know what I mean. You're all bloody rock stars!!!

Finally best of luck to the Gumbies and Bears this Sunday. Individual awards are great but you're playing for the ultimate prize, enjoy the rest of the build up and the game itself.​
You are my idol.

Congrats, Tonga Bob. Fantastic to see an elite poster and qooty player get the win!!

Thanks to Kennedy Parker for running the show
TheInjuryFactory for making things pretty
Grand Uncle Horace Mooch Falconista for the hard yards on round write ups

All the simmers and match thread posters and others that do the heavy lifting to make this place run

Congratulations to DenieD on the hard fought win against The Filth Wizard

Amazing efforts week in and week out by Falconista and manangatang and well deserved recognition for that tonight

Somehow okeydoke7 padded their resume some more, amazing there's still room

Tonga Bob it's great to see the sim reward someone who brings so much fun to the board

To my fellow rookies suck it!

Ocha905 you're a quality poster and humble

King Tenz I'm shocked that someone who is a self styled king is not also humble but you certainly know how to post

Thanks especially to all my Demons teammates who made me feel welcome and provided a great environment to post in every single week

tony shenanigans in R11 cost Millky95 the win.
I will make it up to him and win him the flag on Sunday or most likely rush a behind when the scores are level in the last minute and cost him and the team the flag.

Congrats Tonga Bob and all the winners tonight and great job to everyone who worked on tonight's event.

p.png

The Frankston Rover Award is the Administrator's Choice Award given to the player or players in the league who have given invaluable service across the season to help the smooth functioning of the league and enhancing the experience of all in the league through effort, commitment and service.

In Season 36, as admin I have worked with plenty of brilliant volunteers on a variety of initiatives to help promote the league, keep the place running day to day, better the players' experience, add to the depth of the concept. This season I will be recognising the efforts of two standouts that I believe deserve to join the list of Frankston Rover Award winners.

The first is none other than Falconista, in just his fourth season, Falconista has become the custodian of one of the most essential roles of the league -- one previously performed by Hall of Fame Immortals Ljp86 and Broken -- maintaining the Ladder, Stats and Fixtures thread on a weekly basis with the utmost of professionalism, reliability and attention to detail. It is incredibly difficult to be the follow-up act to some of the true legends of the league but Falconista has delivered in spades on top of his committee and club responsibilities as well as being one of the elite posters of the league.

A massive round of applause and thanks to Falconista!

Timothy Dalton Cheers GIF by James Bond 007

The second Frankston Rover Award winner tonight, is somebody most will be absolutely shocked to find that has never actually received a Frankston Rover Award, given the amount of work, support in the behind the scenes organisation of the league, not just this season but across many. I am referring to the General Manager of Qooty Operations, manangatang!

This season especially, Mang has done a power of work in ensuring that we have all bases covered in Season 36 with many eventful and high maintenance procedures to run, including the Admin election. He's always been an active leader in the committee room helping collate All-SFA nominations and also being of great assistance in the collection of Beez votes and I can categorically say that the league would not be running as smoothly in the past three seasons if it were not for Manangatang's efforts and his services precede this administration so it's long overdue that he be recognised!

Congratulations Mang!

Wes Anderson GIF

fr.png
fr.png
fr.png
fr.png
fr.png
Genuinely shocked and my apologies for the late acknowledgement. Watching this on the delayed telecast.

Thank you for bestowing such an award on me KP. This is a wonderful league/corner of the internet to be a part of and I am humbled to receive this honour. To share it with manangatang who is a giant in the league is quite something- congratulations to you manangatang on a much deserved honour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back