A-League Grand Finals To Be Played In Sydney Has Been Revoked! Replaced By 'Unite Round'

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just so on brand for football administrators. An amazing platform after a brilliant world cup., from a team full of a league talent. Big games and promotion opportunities top get people back to, or into the game..... now we're having top stage walkouts... totally pissed that I was pumped about going to the Melbourne derby - now's that's replaced with anger.

This is just so on brand for football administrators. An amazing platform after a brilliant world cup., from a team full of a league talent. Big games and promotion opportunities top get people back to, or into the game..... now we're having top stage walkouts... totally pissed that I was pumped about going to the Melbourne derby - now's that's replaced with anger.
First derby back afterwards the World Cup. Should be buzzing, full house at AAMI Park. Take full advantage
Then the chairmans decided something else

The TL/DR on last night's statement from the APL board:

giphy.gif

The Sydney Sokkah media are still bitter Melbourne produced Australia's greatest ever footballer in Mark Viduka ...

Same assholes who were demanding Graham Arnold be sacked after the French Group stage game and now signing his praises and wanting him signed up for life

FWIW I am only talking about the Sydney Media and their football figures, especially that rodent Robbie Slater and to a lesser extent Bozza.

Unfortunatly it's not that simple.

The APL and previously FA have shown utter contempt for the fans.

I was a foundation member at MVFC until 2015 or so when active supporters and others were unfairly targetted. At this stage I was loosing interest following the "World wide search" for a Ernie Merick replacement that resulted in Mehmet Durakovic and Jim Magilton.

Some may not like it but I walked away from the whole mess and only came back a year or so ago.

Now we are back at the same point.

There are plenty more activities in life that I can do that give me the same joy without the negative's that come with the league's management. Family, NPL, AFL, VFL, etc. can have more of my time and $ going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide United:

Domestic[edit]​

Winners (2): 2005–06, 2015–16Runners-up (2): 2006–07, 2008–09
Winners (1): 2016Runners-up (2): 2007, 2009
Winners (3): 2014, 2018, 2019Runners-up (1): 2017

Melbourne City:

Domestic[edit]​

Elmer_Judd wrong again.

Is he implying that the APL would withhold existing funding if they said no?

I think he's saying without accepting the cash from NSW there would be less money coming into the clubs.

What none of them have considered is how many fans they'll lose over this.

I bloody love Lucy Zelic. Here's another of her threads:

This one in particular. Oof!

View attachment 1572829

Jesus that thread, Lucy doesn't hold back and rightfully so.. more media types should have the balls like she has to stand up to these pricks.

Pretty sure the APL saw the massive backlash and hurriedly sought legal advice on whether the contract they signed is binding on the APL, or whether they have grounds to tear it up without sending the APL broke, and when they received advice confirming the contract is binding and they can't get out of it, they put out the press release yesterday evening (and then revised it when it went over like a lead balloon).

Adelaide United Chairman, Piet Van der Pol, wishes to make the following comments regarding the Australian Professional League’s (APL) announcement in relation to future A-Leagues Grand Finals.

“Adelaide United was not part of the decision to host each A-Leagues Grand Final in New South Wales, as it is one of the Australian professional clubs without a seat on the APL Board.

“As a proud club dedicated to the people of South Australia, we believe the decision has not been made in the best interests of our fans.

“We have waited until now to make an announcement to be fully appraised of the facts that have led to this outcome.

“While a democratically made decision cannot be overturned, the process has highlighted the need to review the decision-making processes of the APL.

“We acknowledge the importance and need for Government support, and we will continue to work with our fans on what is best for our game.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back