Opinion Most Underated & Overated player from each team.

Remove this Banner Ad

The five-timer. The underrated one.

8116.jpg

edit: Now my post makes zero sense after you deleted that ridiculous list. :moustache:
Overrated for Hawkins is quite ridiculous when if anything he was underrated for 10 years. 732 goals in an era where no one scores and he’s so unselfish while doing so. Yet he’s a top 20 all time goal scorer.

Feel like the past couple seasons everyone’s started to respect him. 5 years ago he was just a Geelong champion but 4 AA’s and a Coleman in your 30’s will change that to all time great.

Overrated for Hawkins is quite ridiculous when if anything he was underrated for 10 years. 732 goals in an era where no one scores and he’s so unselfish while doing so. Yet he’s a top 20 all time goal scorer.

Feel like the past couple seasons everyone’s started to respect him. 5 years ago he was just a Geelong champion but 4 AA’s and a Coleman in your 30’s will change that to all time great.
He only averages 2.1 goals a game.

I can only comment on the team I follow, I don't know enough about the opposition and nor do I care.
It's impossible to overrate any current Geelong player, they were supposed to be cellar dwellers years ago, if anything they've all been underrated, but if I was to pick one who has snuck up on everyone without much regard I would say Jed Bews. Before his breakout year in 2022, it was Tom Atkins.

I made him overated in regards to All -Australian captaincy and the fact he's never kicked more then 7 goals and is slow and a liability when the ball hits the ground. That's why players like Riewoldt and Franklin are superior imo.
How's this from the 5-timer? You wouldn't know this is a 34-year old, 100+kg bloke with a history of back problems.

Just for a bit of context this was prelim week not long after the Lions sent the Tigs packing after your spearhead kicked over the post from 3 metres. :cute:

View attachment The 5-timer.mp4

How's this from the 5-timer? You wouldn't know this is a 34-year old, 100+kg bloke with a history of back problems.

Just for a bit of context this was prelim week not long after the Lions sent the Tigs packing after your spearhead kicked over the post from 3 metres. :cute:

View attachment 1579624
You found one but that's a rarity.

I made him overated in regards to All -Australian captaincy and the fact he's never kicked more then 7 goals and is slow and a liability when the ball hits the ground. That's why players like Riewoldt and Franklin are superior imo.
Can you please stop spelling overrated and underrated incorrectly, thank you.

I’ve just finished watching “Everything, everywhere all at once” and having read the now deleted list am now convinced that AristotlePickett lives in a parallel universe where Jimmy Toumpas is the greatest ever 1st Rd draft pick, St Kilda has won 23 flags and the AFL is the best run and most trusted sporting organisation in the Universe.

1200? Jack Riewoldt has kicked more goals than him and Jack hasn't played as a genuine full forward for years.
You can't be serious.
There was a thread earlier this season on Hawkins and Reiwoldt

I hadn't appreciated how close they were in all the statistics

Drafted same year
Almost identical number of games played (325)
Goals Reiwoldt 750 v Hawkins 720
Marks similar
Hawkins more handballs , Reiwoldt more kicks
3 time premiership players

Think only the churlish would be questioning the fact thar they have both been great players for their respective clubs

Let. It. Go.

Lynch wasn't an AA. Life goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread would be more interesting if people commented on over and underrate for their own club and underrate for other clubs. Stops potential for trolling and shitfights.

I think cats fans underrate Kolodjasnij, and overrate Stewart (yes he’s good but not that good). For other clubs, Taranto, Logue, Taylor Walker (he’s actually still good), Nankervis and Touk Miller (I don’t think enough people realise just how good he is even after his stellar year) come to mind.

Slow and liability when the ball hits the ground? Have you never watched him? He had heaps of clean pick ups off the half volley over his career. And slow? Whats that based on? His career highlights are of him being hit ON THE CHEST ON THE LEAD.

This is an easy one, overrated is Tom Stewart. If hes not guarding a hectre of grass, he's playing on one of the oppositions weakest forwards.

Same height as May and Sicily but can't play key position. Can't lockdown a forward either. After almost putting Prestia in a wheelchair, Geelong were completely fine without him for that month.

He plays his role well, but has a meltdown and gives away 10 frees when he gets attention. If Sicily was given Stewarts role, he'd average 45 disposals and 20 intercepts blindfolded.

Slow and liability when the ball hits the ground? Have you never watched him? He had heaps of clean pick ups off the half volley over his career. And slow? Whats that based on? His career highlights are of him being hit ON THE CHEST ON THE LEAD.

I get what he’s trying to say, I don’t think he’s super slow. But just the physique he has will make him naturally deficient in these areas. He’s a tall strong unit, that’s why you guys also ruck him in the F50. He isn’t there to crumb, he’s a power forward like Lynch. They’re galoops.

Jack is a little different he’s a more nimble forward that is better on ground level but isn’t as good at contested marking as Hawkins cause he doesn’t have the strength. Hence why Jack plays CHF for us and Lynch is FF. Same thing with Cameron and Hawkins. I’m not saying Hawkins is overrated btw.

Can’t explain Buddy he’s just good at everything.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I get what he’s trying to say, I don’t think he’s super slow. But just the physique he has will make him naturally deficient in these areas. He’s a tall strong unit, that’s why you guys also ruck him in the F50. He isn’t there to crumb, he’s a power forward like Lynch. They’re galoops.

Jack is a little different he’s a more nimble forward that is better on ground level but isn’t as good at contested marking as Hawkins cause he doesn’t have the strength. Hence why Jack plays CHF for us and Lynch is FF. Same thing with Cameron and Hawkins. I’m not saying Hawkins is overrated btw.

Can’t explain Buddy he’s just good at everything.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree on differences bw Hawkins and Reiwoldt
Buddy can't ruck though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back