HF: Powell-Pepper - T. Marshall - Fantasia
C: Bergman - Wines - Duursma
HB: Burton - Aliir - Byrne-Jones
B: Jonas (C) - McKenzie - Houston
R: Lycett - Horne-Francis - Rozee
INT: Butters - Drew - Jones - Farrell
EMERG: Bonner - Burgoyne - Evans - McEntee

No Boak.
I think we can all agree there is an interesting disconnect between what we've seen in the intra-club game, and the 2 inter-club games, and who has been selected. It goes beyond 'I like this player' and 'I don't like that player', it is not based on pre-season performance.
If 20 of us picked a team I doubt any of us would pick the same one, however I reckon there's 3 players there only because the coaching panel are trying to find their 'on' switches. That's a lot against a team that would still probably beat us if we picked our best team.

My problem with selection is it is very much selecting for the 'now'.

It's a selection that doesn't really inspire me.

McKenzie obviously won his spot in that last game. Where Burgoyne appears to have lost it. Frustrating though as you've just got to pick Burgoyne, he's a future star defender. DBJ has to be someone the coaching staff wake up to, he is not the future.

I still don't know where Farrell fits either.

Knew Boak wouldn't play, hard to believe that wasn't us just foxxing. You don't come back from a rib injury like that quickly. Ribs are a bitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can all agree there is an interesting disconnect between what we've seen in the intra-club game, and the 2 inter-club games, and who has been selected. It goes beyond 'I like this player' and 'I don't like that player', it is not based on pre-season performance.
If 20 of us picked a team I doubt any of us would pick the same one, however I reckon there's 3 players there only because the coaching panel are trying to find their 'on' switches. That's a lot against a team that would still probably beat us if we picked our best team.
They have literally just picked the incumbents "just because".

It's like the public service down at Alberton.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The selection of Jones over Burgoyne isn't gonna be the difference here, anyone complaining about that is just looking for an excuse to be outraged.
The difference will be Brisbanes superior structure, key position players, coaching and skills.
So, ah, let's not give a heck about selecting the best team cos the oppo is better? Bold strategy cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back