Preview Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - Round 1 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty happy with that team. Burgoyne was really costly in the preseason and actively hurt us at times. McKenzie able to play tall and still use the ball well is much better imo against that Brisbane forward line.

Jones replacing Boak - meh. I'm not sold on Jones in this new role, seems the coaches are excited by his physicality not his output but I expect Boak back next week. Drew is a surprise - I'd like to see Butters in that midfield instead.

Lycett obviously had to play, he's the best ruckman we have (admittedly not saying much). And Bonner or Burgoyne likely to be the sub from those emergencies.

Would prefer if Bonner was getting games frankly. His skills are more important than someone like Jones' pressure if we're to actually play a fast attacking style of play. Says to me that's not actually the intention.

Close to as good as we've got, lets see how close we can get to the most stacked side in the comp.
I think that is a good summation. There is a lot of faux anger over these selections, because people are .... just angry! Angry at K&K, the CEO, the BOD. But in reality, its just shuffling pawns - Bonner & Burgoyne out for Jones & whoever. is not going to alter the final result. Burgoyne as a young skinny player is going to be up & down, and miss games. I agree he needs as much games as possible to keep developing him, but I am sure he will still play much more games in the AFL than in the sanfl this year.

I am also a fan of Bonner in a more attacking role, but on the other hand, it is a good sign depth-wise that he cant get into the side.

I have a feeling that we will lift considerably from the rubbish we played in the preseason ... but I still cant go past tipping Brisbane to win.

what happened to this bloke?

angry and demanding of the players.

where is he now?
Prior to Walsh's passing, Ken was angry and demanding. Clearly the loss of his friend altered his philosophy on life and football. This is normal and perfectly understandable, but it does make him unsuited for his current role. This conversation should have been had with him years ago, but our board is of a similar mindset.

Prior to Walsh's passing, Ken was angry and demanding. Clearly the loss of his friend altered his philosophy on life and football. This is normal and perfectly understandable, but it does make him unsuited for his current role. This conversation should have been had with him years ago, but our board is of a similar mindset.
I don't buy the stuff and frankly am sick of the excuses that are continually trotted out for this guy. Literally everyone suffers loss. It's infuriating.

Like most, I would've had Burgoyne in but for Farrell.

We will see if we can keep Charlie Cameron under wraps. They like to hit him on the lead a lot.

As many have mentioned, Kosi Pickett ran amok in IIRC Alice Springs and was the match winner.

And what was worse, no accountability. No one stepped up and said it was his man. No, it was a
group back effort so no one was pointed the finger at.

What ever happened sure as hell isn't natural

People noticed it when it happened and were convinced he was being medically induced.
There was something laced through that deckchair in February 2015 that changed this guy from ambitious, honest, motivated and self-critical to happy-go-lucky, unaccountable, deceptive and accepting of mediocrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think someone told him about 2012, that put things into perspective for him.
How was Rucci's pathetic take on SEN yesterday morning......

He can't understand how Port supporters on the one hand expect us to finish bottom 8 this year, but on the other want Ken to be sacked if we don't win the premiership.

Err, perhaps we expect us to finish bottom 8 because Ken is still coaching.

Rucci talks as if Ken is a first year coach and not a ten year coach.

Do we have the list to win the flag or even play on a GF? Probably not.

But when you have been at a club for the past 10 years the expectation is that you need to over achieve. It's not good enough to just barely meet expectations based on the list and finish in the 7-10 zone.

there small to mid sized forward worry me, I don’t rate their talls Daniher and hipwood I reckon we have them covered
I was like your confidence windy but I reckon hipwood has got a hold of us a couple of times lately. No one could go with his running capacity.
He worries me but then again most of their bloody side does.

Last edited:
Frustrated Daniel Day Lewis GIF

what happened to this bloke?

angry and demanding of the players.

where is he now?

"YES WE KEN" happened.

He became the figurehead of a cult, realised he didn't need to perform at a high level to become a "ten year coach", and the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back