Preview Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - Round 1 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pointer Sisters sang - I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.

I'm so unexcited about footy and Port at the moment. Never been this unexcited at the start of a season.

Turned on the footy last night early in the 3rd quarter. Put my tip in for yesterday's game about 4pm, still haven't done the last game and only looked up the named team at my lunch break about 90 minutes ago.
I'm the same, watched up until the second ad break last night (on Ch7) and turned it off.

Wish I could fire up, but I am looking forward to seeing the bars in Round 3.

Outside of Drew which others have mentioned, I don’t think Port really have a run-with player. I can see Drew going to Neade or Dunkley.

Looking on paper, Brisbanes back six and Port’s front six (if they are all fit) could be pretty even, but it’s Port’s backline against Brisbane’s forwards that a concern. I don’t think Port have a small defender for Cameron and Hipwood for some reason loves playing Port.

As for JHF, that’s an interesting one. In the second trial game he was one of the better players, but he has only played 17 games. So he will probably be more flashes of brilliance.
Yeah i’d agree with that. Our midfield is much hyped but with half of our best 4 mids newbies (might sound like a big call re ashcroft but only saying he’s ahead of Berry / zorko etc in terms of centre square mid) it’s not a proven commodity.

Anyway enjoy the game. I reckon JHF could have a very strong back end to the season, but maybe i am just hoping he doesn’t fire early haha

I can’t believe how staleness has killed my love and joy of this great sport

I used to be the craziest, most passionate and enthusiastic Port Adelaide fan. I would absolutely love watching us play, would rarely ever miss a game and would look forward all week to us playing again.

But all these years of Hinkley have completely sucked that out of me. I don't give two shits about our season opener against Brisbane tomorrow.

All it will take for some of that to return is a new coach.

Like most, I would've had Burgoyne in but for Farrell.

We will see if we can keep Charlie Cameron under wraps. They like to hit him on the lead a lot.

As many have mentioned, Kosi Pickett ran amok in IIRC Alice Springs and was the match winner.

And what was worse, no accountability. No one stepped up and said it was his man. No, it was a
group back effort so no one was pointed the finger at.
I’m the same on Burgoyne for Farrell

I used to be the craziest, most passionate and enthusiastic Port Adelaide fan. I would absolutely love watching us play, would rarely ever miss a game and would look forward all week to us playing again.

But all these years of Hinkley have completely sucked that out of me. I don't give two shits about our season opener against Brisbane tomorrow.

All it will take for some of that to return is a new coach.
Yes I used to always watch the replay after a game, now I can hardly even watch a full game.
Jaded is the word.

Outside of Drew which others have mentioned, I don’t think Port really have a run-with player. I can see Drew going to Neade or Dunkley.

Looking on paper, Brisbanes back six and Port’s front six (if they are all fit) could be pretty even, but it’s Port’s backline against Brisbane’s forwards that a concern. I don’t think Port have a small defender for Cameron and Hipwood for some reason loves playing Port.

As for JHF, that’s an interesting one. In the second trial game he was one of the better players, but he has only played 17 games. So he will probably be more flashes of brilliance.
Cameron is v dangerous & a tricky matchup but Hipwood? When he has loved playing us? He kicked 1.3 in 2020 & had a massive 9 disposals. 2021 was 0,0 & a staggering 8 disposals.

My problem with selection is it is very much selecting for the 'now'.

It's a selection that doesn't really inspire me.

McKenzie obviously won his spot in that last game. Where Burgoyne appears to have lost it. Frustrating though as you've just got to pick Burgoyne, he's a future star defender. DBJ has to be someone the coaching staff wake up to, he is not the future.

I still don't know where Farrell fits either.

Knew Boak wouldn't play, hard to believe that wasn't us just foxxing. You don't come back from a rib injury like that quickly. Ribs are a bitch.

I'm ok with Burgoyne not playing. The less he's Hinkley-ified the better.
Happy for a lot of the kids not to get a run, build some inner hate and release it 2nd half of the season under a new coach.

One can still have dreams and hopes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was Rucci's pathetic take on SEN yesterday morning......

He can't understand how Port supporters on the one hand expect us to finish bottom 8 this year, but on the other want Ken to be sacked if we don't win the premiership.

Err, perhaps we expect us to finish bottom 8 because Ken is still coaching.
Rucci must honestly believe that the only coaches that should be sacked are the ones that should win a flag, but don’t.

So, should Ken have been sacked in 2020, or 2021?

Rucci must honestly believe that the only coaches that should be sacked are the ones that should win a flag, but don’t.

So, should Ken have been sacked in 2020, or 2021?
Rucci believes whatever the spin doctors at the club pay him to believe.

I'm ok with Burgoyne not playing. The less he's Hinkley-ified the better.
Happy for a lot of the kids not to get a run, build some inner hate and release it 2nd half of the season under a new coach.

One can still have dreams and hopes
Start 0-4, down by 10 goals at half time against Bulldogs Rd 5.
In desperation Ken repeats the only good decision from 2022, and throws Bergman, JHF and Burgoyne into the midfield rotation with Rozee, Butters.
We still lose, but only by 3 pts. Ken gets the sack.
We all cheer. It was a good day.

How was Rucci's pathetic take on SEN yesterday morning......

He can't understand how Port supporters on the one hand expect us to finish bottom 8 this year, but on the other want Ken to be sacked if we don't win the premiership.

Err, perhaps we expect us to finish bottom 8 because Ken is still coaching.

He’s either the most out-of-touch human since the cosmonaut that was stranded on Mir as the Soviet Union broke up, or he’s the most shameless propagandist since Baghdad Barry.

Every single point he makes is either easily debunkable or the height of disingenuous-cringe.

It makes you wonder who he thinks his target audience is, because it can’t be anyone with functional brain cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back