Autopsy 2023 Rd 4 Tall Timber Too Good for Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Roos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie will get targeted a lot more by his team mates when kicking inside 50 becaue Harry is out. TDk to play decoy.
agree - you did say, he will crush them if harry is out though........

Good morning all

she's a star - what a shame the song has become a yippy kai yay joke and shadow of its former robust rendition - that players feel they have the right to do this makes me deadset miserable - it's now officially unlistenable as a war-cry - even johnno brown said as much - little chiara is a superstar however....

I've never seen a player look less like he is part of a team than Lachie Obrien..........possibly since Cain Acland..........and I don't mean his skills.......even when he is congratulating other players for goals he just looks to have this look of uncertainty and a haunted look in the eyes...........it's brutal to watch
I've seen the same from Dow.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hewitt can’t run and if he’s not getting his hands on the ball like the last two weeks he’s a real liability. It’s a good positive for the side that he probably should be dropped. We don’t need to carry consecutive down performances from any mid any more. I love him. He’s just out of form and his lack of run is hurting right now.
clarko dragging cunnington sets a fair standard for that team.........

Said almost the same thing last night.

I've backed him previously but last night I just couldn't any longer. It's a shame because I really wanted him to succeed.

His inability to compete when the ball is in dispute is just not good enough. Combine that with poor kicking and I'd guess he loses his spot when other wing options are available.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a real tell that Voss keeps picking him as sub / in the team yesterday. He really values endurance. It's critical to winning games. And whilst LOB is generally still frustrating I think he'll keep getting looks thanks to his tank.

At some point he has to find that mental gear to really get comfortable at the level.

Otherwise Binns, etc. will go past him.

Same in terms of rub of the green.
They were there but they don’t always get paid. Felt we got almost all of them .

Not so sure about that. Harry was held out of a couple of contests in the wing, should have been paid. Harry copped a fist to the temple early in the game, ignored. Motlop was shoved in the back when chasing a ground ball about 20m out from goal, not paid. Handful of instances of NM players dropping the ball in a tackle that were missed.

I'm sure there were some NM should have got. The Zurhaar high from Weiters gets paid 99% of the time, even if he lifted the arm. Probably others.

We made our luck though, and a lot of the damaging frees came about because their undersized defenders panicked when faced with Harry and Charlie.

That was actually laugh out loud funny. Weiters knew it was a free and stopped expecting the whistle to blow. Don’t like Zurhaar, but understand why he was pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
50,000 spectators at the ground knew it was a free, several million watching on TV knew it was a free, all the footballers knew it was a free, they all stopped waiting for the whistle. Everyone in the universe knew it was a free, except some muppet in flouro....

I felt we got the rub of the green yesterday and got 2 goals for dubious free kicks yesterday whereas North lost a goal or 2. Not complaining but calling a spade a spade

Harry took 2 clear marks in the fwd line brought it down then the short ass norf player knocked it out of his hands. Obvious as the nose on your face it was a mark - paid play on.

Motlop in the first qtr running onto the ball right in front of goal gets tackled to the ground without touching it - paid play on.

Zurhar don't argues Doc in the throat then runs off and kicks a goal.

There was a free kick paid to us. The norf guy runs off and kicks a goal. Obviously a 50m penalty not given....

There were so many others I can remember without trying it's hard to mention them all.

They play Bonner - a guy way too short to play on H or C and then complain when he gets pinged for repearedly punching his taller/better opponent in the back of the head?

I know its all subjective but please... those umps had a stinker BOTH WAYS. it's just the losers who want to go on about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a real tell that Voss keeps picking him as sub / in the team yesterday. He really values endurance. It's critical to winning games. And whilst LOB is generally still frustrating I think he'll keep getting looks thanks to his tank.

At some point he has to find that mental gear to really get comfortable at the level.

Otherwise Binns, etc. will go past him.

He'll likely make way for Acres this week. Interesting to see if he gets the sub vest again or if they go a different way.

Real mixed bag from LOB this year. And in particular yesterday. Had a couple of really good contests early. But a few shocking half-hearted tackles and some ordinary kicking. Was actually quite impressed with a play I'm sure many would crucify him for - switch of play to him in an acre of space on the camera-side wing. Ball hung in the air forever and allowed an opponent to come in and make a contest. LOB protected the drop space, and knocked the ball towards a teammate on our D50 line. Looked iffy cause you'd rather see him mark it, but I saw it as him making the best of a shit situation and allowing us to retain possession.

Hasn't stepped up like I'd thought he would this year. Maybe being the starting sub has him feeling like he has to do too much, or has him second guessing himself in the moment. Would be happy to see him dropped for a month (if availability of others allows) with a view to building up his confidence again in the ressies. Might only ever be injury cover now, but will still have to play a role at times.

yes, yes I do................relax, doesn't mean we're engaged or anything...........
I watched us against gws live. Hewitts lack of pace was the source of multiple chaotic defensive transitions for us. He gets so far behind that others have to leave their men and play opens right up.

Living in a world of duality there are 2 sides to everything...fact.
So the big boys kicked 10 between them but who were their opponents??? It's not like they beat a Darcy Moore, Steven May and had Tom Stewart cutting them off.
Probably a C mark at best, could have possibly been better had TDK and JSOS not got in the way several times trying to take hangars....

So the big boys kicked 10 between them but who were their opponents??? It's not like they beat a Darcy Moore, Steven May and had Tom Stewart cutting them off.
Probably a C mark at best, could have possibly been better had TDK and JSOS not got in the way several times trying to take hangars....
10 goals between 2 forwards is a good days work anywhere except in the minds of those who actually believe they "should" have kicked 20 because opponents

I watched us against gws live. Hewitts lack of pace was the source of multiple chaotic defensive transitions for us. He gets so far behind that others have to leave their men and play opens right up.
Could it be a little bit of fatigue as well?? No Kennedy, Acres to help with rotations this week... Walsh out is massive too..

Good morning all

I love our leaders more and more by each passing day. So many class acts on our list.

The comments though. Some dude can’t believe we axed Stocker and “retained” Young and McGovern. 😂

He'll likely make way for Acres this week. Interesting to see if he gets the sub vest again or if they go a different way.

Real mixed bag from LOB this year. And in particular yesterday. Had a couple of really good contests early. But a few shocking half-hearted tackles and some ordinary kicking. Was actually quite impressed with a play I'm sure many would crucify him for - switch of play to him in an acre of space on the camera-side wing. Ball hung in the air forever and allowed an opponent to come in and make a contest. LOB protected the drop space, and knocked the ball towards a teammate on our D50 line. Looked iffy cause you'd rather see him mark it, but I saw it as him making the best of a s**t situation and allowing us to retain possession.

Hasn't stepped up like I'd thought he would this year. Maybe being the starting sub has him feeling like he has to do too much, or has him second guessing himself in the moment. Would be happy to see him dropped for a month (if availability of others allows) with a view to building up his confidence again in the ressies. Might only ever be injury cover now, but will still have to play a role at times.

Yep. I totally agree. It gets frustrating when people wanting him dropped for being soft. That's just not what he's in the team for and when he has to put his body on the line (like then) he generally does. There was an absolute monster chase he put on in the last quarter where he just spear tackled the guy he was chasing to push him off his kick. I think they still got a goal from it but that chase so late in a tough game is exactly what north just didn't have. Same as running out into space to give us that width in your example.

Having said all that - it's his kicking that disappointed me. He has to hurt the opposition a lot more.

And yes it will be interesting to see who is in the vest next week. I really liked Carroll yesterday.

Can't wait to see May, Moore, Stewart in the same side

Back