Review Round 6, 2023 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Wines is getting enough of the ball he just isn't doing enough with it. Today Wines had 25 possessions of which 18 were handballs. Maybe it is the role Ken has Ollie playing these days?
Yes. A lot of Wines handballs aren’t incisive ones. They’re at teammates feet or to a player being tackled. He’s be very low for metres gained this year.

After a couple of high intensity wins the last
Couple of weeks I thought you guys would have a slight let down this week. But your boys were professional enough to get it done comfortably. West Coast matched it with the cats for 3 out of 4 qtrs last week. They are not that bad. Yes big test this week for you but I think you will do ok i expect a close game Friday night.

Pretty clear Kellie Underwood knows * all about football too.

She does not like port that is certain. After leaving Uni Underwood did her internship at 5AA so she was probably well schooled in the anti Port thinking.

After a couple of high intensity wins the last
Couple of weeks I thought you guys would have a slight let down this week. But your boys were professional enough to get it done comfortably. West Coast matched it with the cats for 3 out of 4 qtrs last week. They are not that bad. Yes big test this week for you but I think you will do ok i expect a close game Friday night.
Oh, my sweet child

About what I expected went for 36 won by 40.
It’s about right for a team that’s bottom half of the top 8 playing a bottom side.
Main problems are still ruck and defence but we all knew that before the season started.

That really was horrible.

West Coast would probably struggle against a decent state league team yet apart from maybe 15 mins they were our equal in most aspects of the game.

We have far too many guys that are state league at best.

We are unfit.

And we haven't a killer streak in us at all. We always want it to the the absolute easiest it can be.

And once again I thought Ken showed his complete inability to coach. He just hasn't a clue, it's all matey and the vibe with Hinkley.

Teakle isn't an AFL player period. Soft, weak and horrendous skill level.

Playing DBJ and McEntee up forward as pressure forwards yet the worst side in the comp run it out all day long. And even though DBJ contributed in some manner McEntee is nowhere near it.

Farrell isn't interested in anything other than trying to scab cheap touches to show everyone his 'beautiful kick'.

Our mids play behind and tail in the opposition every single time

Our defense is horrid, like it has been nearly all year. Our zoning all over the ground breeds unaccountability and means teams can usually move the ball at will nearly the lenghth of the field without any sort of resistance.

I reckon we're bottom six material.

Rozee, Butters, Dixon and Allir make us look way better than what we are currently showing and most of what we are showing is due to poor conditioning, poor selections and a horrible coaching philosophy.

Apart from all the crap stuff I liked Ollies game. Not sure if he has enough to be an AFL player but loved his aggressive nature of playing. But I'm sure Ken will get that out of him given enough time to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha Ha Ha, very good the comment saved my arvo. - the one about the commetary

Highest hit-outs to disadvantage ever? It looked close to me. Teakle basically played for WC today.
Worst game by a club captain? Jonas was like playing minus a player.
Lol funny you say that. Listened on the radio a bit on the way to work and the commentators were saying Jonas has found some form today.

Must’ve been for West Coast too.

Disappointing game but hardly surprising.

We have significant gaps across every line, so the list is pretty average as a whole.

With Marshall going down we were effectively without our two best forwards. And our ruck situation is absolutely diabolical.

Then, we have an average coach, and poor fitness.

7th through 12th is our standard under the current set up.

And even a new coach won’t be enough until the talent gaps are filled through development, drafting and trading.

Lol funny you say that. Listened on the radio a bit on the way to work and the commentators were saying Jonas has found some form today.

Must’ve been for West Coast too.
Jonas was mostly garbage but he did a couple ok things towards the end of the game.

Not defending him though, definitely needs to be moved on.

That really was horrible.

West Coast would probably struggle against a decent state league team yet apart from maybe 15 mins they were our equal in most aspects of the game.

We have far too many guys that are state league at best.

We are unfit.

And we haven't a killer streak in us at all. We always want it to the the absolute easiest it can be.

And once again I thought Ken showed his complete inability to coach. He just hasn't a clue, it's all matey and the vibe with Hinkley.

Teakle isn't an AFL player period. Soft, weak and horrendous skill level.

Playing DBJ and McEntee up forward as pressure forwards yet the worst side in the comp run it out all day long. And even though DBJ contributed in some manner McEntee is nowhere near it.

Farrell isn't interested in anything other than trying to scab cheap touches to show everyone his 'beautiful kick'.

Our mids play behind and tail in the opposition every single time

Our defense is horrid, like it has been nearly all year. Our zoning all over the ground breeds unaccountability and means teams can usually move the ball at will nearly the lenghth of the field without any sort of resistance.

I reckon we're bottom six material.

Rozee, Butters, Dixon and Allir make us look way better than what we are currently showing and most of what we are showing is due to poor conditioning, poor selections and a horrible coaching philosophy.

Apart from all the crap stuff I liked Ollies game. Not sure if he has enough to be an AFL player but loved his aggressive nature of playing. But I'm sure Ken will get that out of him given enough time to do so.
I wish I could disagree with anything you've said here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back