Autopsy Dogs get the job done for Bonty's 200th

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually like the Hawthorn clash jumper. It is their heritage jumper and the original design that was worn from 1925 until they changed to the stripes in 1950.

Source:

Could not agree more, it's fantastic seeing pre-war jumpers making a comeback. Swans and Hawks leading the way, would love to see North return to their 1920s blue jumper and the white vee as a clash instead of that monstrosity they wore tonight.

Maybe, but what I can't take are the feeble marking attempts and lack of physical presence and intensity.
I agree, and the laziness irks me off, there were a few occasions in the first half where he had to meet the ball instead of waiting for it to get to him, both times his opponent had time to spoil. Not good enough.

Absolutely stoked that there was 40k at the game, bont got the respect he deserves.
How good was it after the siren to see/hear majority of the crowd stick around and give him a massive roar as he made his way back to the rooms?? Beautiful.
On the game, JJ's dash off half back was brilliant, back to his best.
Arty's first goal another beautiful moment, proud of him.
Cya all in Canberra!

Last edited:
Absolutely stoked that there was 40k at the game, bont got the respect he deserves.
How good was it after the siren to see/hear majority of the crowd stick around and give him a massive roar as he made his way back to the rooms?? Beautiful.

Yes the crowd was good. We massively outnumbered the Hawks fans. There must have been around 35k Bulldogs and 5k Hawks.

Very ordinary 1st half of football the amount of walked through tackles was somewhat disturbing. Bevo and Co would have given them a review up and they responded.

Bont got a fitting result in the end, bank the win and move on. Don't need to be playing our best footy right now as long as we can still bank the wins.

Very ordinary 1st half of football the amount of walked through tackles was somewhat disturbing. Bevo and Co would have given them a review up and they responded.

Bont got a fitting result in the end, bank the win and move on. Don't need to be playing our best footy right now as long as we can still bank the wins.

First half was very poor, low intensity at the contest. Noticed the repeated missed tackles too. Seemed like we turned up thinking a 10 goal win would take care of itself. A good side would have gapped us by 5 goals at the half, playing that way.

Pretty poor effort against pretty poor opposition.

Have enjoyed that blokes melt down threatening that Hawthorn will be a good team soon though. 🤣🤣🤣

The less said about this game the better. Midfield was well below their best.

Enjoyed Marra and Lobb kicking straight this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Hawthorn does not wish to spend any of that $40 million-plus on the club’s planned new base at Dingley, the Kennedy Community Centre, which they estimate will cost $80 million-$90 million.'

How cosy. Instead us, the Victorian taxpayer had to fund the bloody thing. I wouldn't have given them a cent.

That's $15 mil of our tax dollars going to a club sporting training facilities (that won't be open to the public let's face it). A club that made $40 mil from the pockets of people who can least afford it. The people of the western suburbs. What a bunch of campaigners.

Anyway, the morning after, it was an OK performance. Horrible first half, but some glimpses in the second.

The centre clearances (embarassing) 7-0 at the start and inability/refusal to tackle at times and the ability for them to walk it from defence inside 50 without us laying a glove was a disgrace. How many successful sides have allowed their opponents to walk it out of defence all the way inside 50 before they apply a shred of pressure?

Last edited:
I think the change in nickname has worked wonders for bailey. The horse was an alpha male top dog type of nickname and probably didn't suit his personality. While truck is more one of the boys style without the high expectations. You can see he is playing with more freedom. I fully embrace truck as his new nickname.
You’ve changed your tune 😄

I can't say "r-e-t-a-r-d-ing" him, as in holding him back, on here?!
Holy sh1t there's some bizarre censorship.
I said the same word recently and then seen later it was censored. Every coach I had for 15 years said our aim in tackling was to * your opponent. It’s a normal word in normal context. It is disparaging in other contexts, but it’s not a modern swear word.

I said the same word recently and then seen later it was censored. Every coach I had for 15 years said our aim in tackling was to ****** your opponent. It’s a normal word in normal context. It is disparaging in other contexts, but it’s not a modern swear word.

Also, they're completely differently sounding words.

The word we're trying to uses is pronounced ret-ard the other the emphasis is on the re...

I said the same word recently and then seen later it was censored. Every coach I had for 15 years said our aim in tackling was to ****** your opponent. It’s a normal word in normal context. It is disparaging in other contexts, but it’s not a modern swear word.
I love Earling Haaland he just says s**t.
Who made it a swear word anyway.
I say 2 fishes not 2 fish.
What creates the evolution of a language is not what holds it back re = again
**** is maybe the sound they don't like.

Sorry but that was hard to watch. Remember we were playing 18th with two debutants!!!

McNeill and Scott proved themselves to be true vfl-level footballers. Weightman is lucky he has credits in the bank.

Daniel's form and Naughton's continued efforts were the only highlights for me, along with Arty Jones who grows each week.
LOL true to form

The best part about this is on their banner they had “Love the game not the odds” as they’re making 40 million a year from pokies
Keep in mind the $40 million is from the sale of gaming machine assets, not per year. The Hawks no longer hold pokies on their books.

We also had a significant cash injection when we sold our previously held pokies licenses so it’s not fair to specifically criticise them when they’ve exited the industry like our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back