Review Bad & Ugly vs Bulldogs

Who played well against Western Bulldogs?

• Chayce Jones

• Sam Berry (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Lachlan Murphy

• Josh Rachele

• Rory Sloane

• Luke Pedlar

• Jordan Dawson

• Jake Soligo

• Max Michalanney

• Mitch Hinge

• Izak Rankine

• Nick Murray

• Rory Laird

• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Patrick Parnell

• Lachlan Sholl

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

• Lachlan Gollant

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing positive out of that really, complete no show in intensity & lucky to not lose by far more. Particularly disappointing being down only around 20 at half time to not be able to come out & lift since they completely left the door open.

I think what this performance highlights is that we are good to very good side at home, still extremely flakey & fragile soon as we leave Adelaide Oval. Not overly surprising but clearly something that's going to need to change. It's easy to say we had lots of young guys today & it's true we did but most of our senior guys output was particular poor today too.

Just a complete smacking, now we get to see if we can respond against Brisbane back at home.
I think that games plays out very differently under the roof though. I can imagine as a playing group being scheduled in 3 regional venues within the first 10 rounds would take its toll.

I'd take a game at Princes Park at the moment.
Oh, thats right, the positive for the day is that I still ****ing hate Carlton and hope to watch the Pies belt the living suitcase out of them tomorrow.

Now watch Carlton roll the Pies just to deprive me of some joy.

These conditions are rare at other grounds, but can happen. The difference at Ballarat is that they are predictable. A good team would use this knowledge and prepare accordingly. Hopefully benefiting in other matches too.

Instead you have a team full of "I love it! so hard and tough at the ball!" players who, when faced with a game perfectly suited for hard and tough at the ball players, get absolutely annihilated.

Also, they could have picked any other week to rest Walker. Rather than one at a venue and in conditions where he has proved demonstrably valuable and other players haven't.

Edit: Also Gollant is mirroring Himmelberg's career exactly. Debuts in the final round and does OK. Good run the following season before dropping off and being dropped. Third season showing little to nothing. Will he turn it around late in the year like Himmelberg did?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facts are a pro team plays better at pro ground.

Watch England's FA Cup for more info.

It's a pro league. Tired of "digging in the dirt"

Any reason why when we are playing zone and an opposition player clearly runs into space between two of our players and calls for the ball, that we can’t run towards him and man up?

It’s every week and it’s looking robotic. Makes no sense to me. Bad coaching imo. Need to give the players some license to improvise.

They just stand there like statues: “I’m in the spot coach told me to be. I ain’t moving.”

Just dumb.

Good:
Siren.
Didn't see too many injuries which was good.

Bad
Performance. Most didn't turn up. We looked timid and almost like we were playing on a ice rink. We aren't a great wet weather side yet.

Ugly
The AFL for making us play all over the country at shit grounds.
The umpires. Didn't hide their bias. In the end they were looking for frees to the dogs.

Last edited:
Back