Review Bad & Ugly vs Bulldogs

Who played well against Western Bulldogs?

• Chayce Jones

• Sam Berry (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Lachlan Murphy

• Josh Rachele

• Rory Sloane

• Luke Pedlar

• Jordan Dawson

• Jake Soligo

• Max Michalanney

• Mitch Hinge

• Izak Rankine

• Nick Murray

• Rory Laird

• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Patrick Parnell

• Lachlan Sholl

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

• Lachlan Gollant

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

TheMartianPotatoesMarsMain.jpg

Easily the worst game we have played since the depths of 2020. Unwatchable at times. Last week everyone played well, this week they should all be up for an early morning beach session..just awful

That was a young side getting absolutely monstered away from home at a dump by an elite midfield and the seniors did nothing to stem the tide. Completely outplayed in all facets from start to finish for the first time this year. I didn't expect us to be that poor, but today's game could've happened two weeks ago in Geelong but didn't.

It's a very hard month of football for us. Very tough away games, and home against Top 8 sides. A few easy kills and we would have a false sense of where we're at.

We're okay - not good yet - certainly building, and might snag 8th. More likely, we just miss.

Keep the perspective. Don't do a reverse Mark Robinson now and throw the toys out of the cot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Good:

Out seeing a visiting friend all afternoon. Won't have to spend Saturday evening watching the replay now.

Can pretend it never even happened.

I like my our-gameplan-isnt-good-in-greasy-conditions theory. Another greasy conditions game, another loss. 3 greasy games, three losses.

Not much point commenting on forwards or backs when the mid system was spanked so badly.

Thought Pedlar, Max and Parnell were again good for their experience level.

We got half decent towards the end of the game, started some attacking movement through the midfield but still couldn't break through for goals though.

Rankine is like early days Charlie Cameron, needs to realise to run in, that's two in two weeks.

Bit annoyed we seemed to totally persist with the gameplan to the end, no late change up attacking creativity.

It was an arrogant move to rest Tex for this particular game, he wouldn't have been the difference but we sorely missed his leadership and marking power.
Not arrogant if he's cooked.

Almost zero effort. I assume the boys were pretty tired after some hard games because if there is any other reason it's bad.

Also think selection was questionable given a wet contest requires big tough bodies and we brought along some of our softer players who bring class when the going is good but melt in the trenches.

It was an arrogant move to rest Tex for this particular game, he wouldn't have been the difference but we sorely missed his leadership and marking power.

It was clearly pre-planned for him to rest either the Kardinia or Ballarat game and I'm fine with it.

Back