• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, for a club with so little fans or history, Suns fans really are a bunch of flogs. Can't say I wish them any success whatsoever, especially given the handouts they've been gifted.

Look at the MB thread for reference.
At least some of them are admitting they got lucky with those incorrect free which cost us 2 goals and meant we had to kick 4 goals in 8 minutes instead of 2 goals in 10 minutes to win the game. They probably learnt from last week when they were on the other end of the 50m penalty which nearly cost them the game though.

Man, for a club with so little fans or history, Suns fans really are a bunch of flogs. Can't say I wish them any success whatsoever, especially given the handouts they've been gifted.

Look at the MB thread for reference.
Don’t care for their fans but I’d like to see Gold Coast do well

They should stop trying to be a “real” footy club though. They aren’t. Embrace it. Get rid of those horrid colours. Ditch the team song too.

In the last quarter there were 7 centre bounces and we lost them 1-6

Pedlar got our only centre clearance of the term, from the one centre bounces he attended.

Need to rethink who we have in there and be particularly guided by our away performances

I watched the Brisbane win reply yesterday, specifically to spot Worrell.
Preface: Worrell has a big future and will be best-22.

This is not a dig at you, but I am mystified why so many posters melted when Worrell was dropped and are complaining about it after last night's loss.
As far as I could see he started nervously (understandable, I know), went almost-missing in the second quarter and ran out of puff with cramps also after the third (vs Bris.). Serious question: did he do a LOT of 1%-ers off the ball to attract high praise?
Someone said he had 19 disposals at a high DE --- I don't know how many of his kicks were after
a point --- and 525metres gained, but I just did not see it.

Mate - Worrell is 195cm, how tall is Hinge? I know Doedee got injured but that Hinge/Luko match up was criminal.

nah, that was definitely HTB.
Really? Didn't Butts duck the first attempted tackle and then the second one occurred immediately with HTB called immediately which was why even the bias Crows commentators mentioned ducking isn't prior. This meant we had to kick 4 goals in 8 minutes instead of 2 goals in 10 minutes after those incorrect frees.

Pedlar got our only centre clearance of the term, from the one centre bounces he attended.

Need to rethink who we have in there and be particularly guided by our away performances
I feel our best CB group trio is Dawson Pedlar and don't shoot me Keays.

A better mix.

Dawson and Pedlar are our best users of the ball and both good at hunting it.

Keays for his defensive work and he makes things happen. All be it without polish.

All three are out of the box creators of play.

But, compared to most midfield that mix is one of the worst in the league.

Laird is still good. But he is a straight line operator in the middle. Still part of the rotations. But I don't think he is part of our best 3 mix. Lacks creativity

I would have Laird start at HB and become a stoppage mid rather than attend the CB.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last quarter against Collingwood we lost clearance 12-0 aswell.

Midfield at the crunch isn't good enough yet. No surprises there.

I feel our best CB group trio is Dawson Pedlar and don't shoot me Keays.

A better mix.

Dawson and Pedlar are our best users of the ball and both good at hunting it.

Keays for his defensive work and he makes things happen. All be it without polish.

All three are out of the box creators of play.

But, compared to most midfield that mix is one of the worst in the league.

Laird is still good. But he is a straight line operator in the middle. Still part of the rotations. But I don't think he is part of our best 3 mix. Lacks creativity

I would have Laird start at HB and become a stoppage mid rather than attend the CB.

Disagree. Our best 3 is Dawson, Rachele, Laird.

Disagree. Our best 3 is Dawson, Rachele, Laird.
Dawson and Rachele yeah

The problem with Laird is he is not very creative.

Regularly has 30 possession 5 plus clearance anonymous games.

A key reason our midfield is so poor is the lack of creativity.

Oppo knows exactly what Laird will do and how to curtail it.

Guys like Dawson, Rachele, Pedlar and even Pedlar are more creative less unpredictable.

Dawson and Rachele yeah

The problem with Laird is he is not very creative.

Regularly has 30 possession 5 plus clearance anonymous games.

A key reason our midfield is so poor is the lack of creativity.

Oppo knows exactly what Laird will do and how to curtail it.

Guys like Dawson, Rachele, Pedlar and even Pedlar are more creative less unpredictable.

I know they don’t, but hopefully opposition clubs dismiss Laird this easily. Would help us win more games!

Back