• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a lot of positives from this one .

Walker was quite good.

His two first half goals were but basically didn't get a touch after half time and his fumbling which I am guessing was fatigue was costly late in the second.

He was in effective off the ball as well, number of times he should of bumped or sheppard but was jogging behind.

Personally I think the scaled down program he does effects his games. If he plays on next year there needs to be less special treatment.

It starts and ends in our midfield.. like it always has..

back to thinking keays and sloane are the answer.

they got creamed. Couldnt win a centre clearance to save themselves.. And the suns put 9 goals on us.

then they finally put Pedlar back in there and we win the very next centre clearance.

that loss is once again on the crack whore Nicksy who is still addicted to the sloane/laird/keays drug.

Laird was disgusting.. can anyone actually say he had a positive impact tonight?.. yet he gets a free kick in here week in week out.. some morons even reckon he’s an A grader.

Rowell is an A-grader.. laird isnt even an A-Graders a-hole..
Rowell got flogged by Keays though

But Keays isn’t sanfl standard and Rowell is A grader haha

if Chayce was over, it was by a baby step, the other was a metre and a bit. Don't think it cost us the game, they had advantage numbers and space and we're likely to score anyway. But it was a brutal and uneccessary decision, there's ordinarily much more leeway and some time afforded to correct position in those situations.

Yeah, look, I was still pissed off when I woke up and reading that thread just made things worse. Looking back on it, I don’t why I get so riled up and emotionally invested in what anonymous people on a football forum say, especially when it goes both ways. All it leads me to do is post s**t that makes me a dickhead, when I should take a few breaths and think.

Ah, I need a lie down.
Na, we need a Crows Flag.

Repay the faith.

Actually how the * is that holding the ball?! That’s almost worse than the 50

almost? At least with the 50 you can get a ruler out and possible prove Chayce was over the mark. From that angle, Sloane hasn't even taken possession, I just keep watching and looking for something but all I can see is a potential holding the man in his favour.

I doubt that Nicks has the cojones to do that, but it's an idea worth trying.

I would be concerned about Milera's speed for ground balls. He's strong when he's got possession, I'm just not convinced he's going to win the ball against high quality midfields. That said, it's currently Sloane in there, so it's near impossible to get worse.

So far it's been the umpires fault and the grounds fault. I'm sure weather will be next.
Yes:
--- the umpires (told, or paid, to favour GCS)
--- the ground (prepared to GCS specific conditions like an Indian cricket pitch :sneaky:)
--- the small crowd (Crows prefer bigger crowds; more adulation to bask in, post-goal)
--- a baking 25-26 degrees and 80% humidity (why were the Crows not flown up there earlier to acclimatise after the GWS debacle?).

Nothing to do with the Suns unanswered run of 9 goals, or their 5 goals to 2 final quarter when they should have run out of puff like the Crows did :grimacing::poov1:.
Do the players and coaches have anything to do with the constant in game choking from winning positions?
No. See above. P.S. Edit --- joking.

Last edited:
I would be concerned about Milera's speed for ground balls. He's strong when he's got possession, I'm just not convinced he's going to win the ball against high quality midfields. That said, it's currently Sloane in there, so it's near impossible to get worse.
Yes, Milera would not be the down-in-and-under type, but he could loiter outside then 'dance' and deliver.

Because ROB was getting absolutely bent over in the ruck, so they got desperate.

Witts absolutely annihilated ROB, that's one of the worst performances he's put up in his entire career. 3 hitouts to advantage for the entire game! Levi Casboults taps were more effective for the game and he attended about 1/7th of the ruck contests.

Nicks is 100% structure first and we know he's more than prepared to play only 1 KPD regardless of oppo forward half set up.

Most people from Adelaide fall apart just stepping off the plane in humidity. Let alone playing a game of footy.
Most people from Adelaide don't train under Burgess --- during Summer, no less --- to what should be peak fitness.
After a Burgess pre-Season, 25-26 degrees and humid should be playable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people from Adelaide don't train under Burgess --- during Summer, no less --- to what should be peak fitness.
After a Burgess pre-Season, 25-26 degrees and humid should be plplayable.
To be honest I think we were just beaten by a side who played better than us on the day. I think we are the better side, but we didn't play to the level we are capable of. We were not clean, we went back to bombing forward too much, we didn't take our time to spot up the leads or kicks to advantage.

Many years ago I remember adelaide having travel issues. Seems to have reared its ugly head again. We just dont play as well on the road.

Something that doesn't affect the VIC clubs who leave the state 5 times a year.

He has been garbage the 2 humid games, his normal self in the others. Clearly has an issue with the heat

Rory Laird is generally a hurtless accumulator, needs to be racking them up to be the B to B+ mid he can be. Last year 16/22 games with 30+ disposals, 1 sub 25 (24). This year 12 games so far, 3 x 30+ games and 4 sub 25 (18, 21, 22, 22). It's not just the heat and he's not his normal self, he's dropped off quite a bit.

Absolutely mystifying why we dropped Worrell when they had King, Casboult AND Lukosious up forward... :embarrassedv1:
I watched the Brisbane win replay yesterday, specifically to spot Worrell.
Preface: Worrell has a big future and will be best-22.

This is not a dig at you, but I am mystified why so many posters melted when Worrell was dropped and are complaining about it after last night's loss.
As far as I could see he started nervously (understandable, I know), went almost-missing in the second quarter and ran out of puff with cramps also after the third (vs Bris.). Serious question: did he do a LOT of 1%-ers off the ball to attract high praise?
Someone said he had 19 disposals at a high DE --- I don't know how many of his kicks were after
a point --- and 525metres gained, but I just did not see it.

Last edited:
geez it's a tough watch at the moment and knowing no lead is safe. I just want to see something tangible from Nicks when things go poorly like that. Just shut it all down and ride the wave.
Agree.
After the 3-goal run, we'd hope Nicks would address that at half-time
After opening the second half with another 2 then 3 splashing out to 6 goals, we'd hope the Crows would play possession, accurate short-passing footy to slow them down.

Been a bit quiet on the Burgess front.

Adelaide Crows first halves - won 8 lost 3 drawn 1. Points for 560 - Points Against 483.
Adelaide Crows 2nd halves - Won 6 lost 5 drawn 1. Points for 504 - Points Against 528.

The only two teams who have conceded more points in the last quarter in 2023 are West Coast and North Melbourne.

We had leads in the last quarter against the Giants & Suns before getting convincingly beaten. We gave up a huge lead against the Pies in the last quarter. We got within a point of Richmond before getting blown out.

Burgo is an urban myth around here. If you believed some, he's also the final arbiter at selection. He's obviously in the top few in his role in the game, msybe the best, but there's only so much fitness that can be worked into players.

I watched the Brisbane win reply yesterday, specifically to spot Worrell.
Preface: Worrell has a big future and will be best-22.

This is not a dig at you, but I am mystified why so many posters melted when Worrell was dropped and are complaining about it after last night's loss.
As far as I could see he started nervously (understandable, I know), went almost-missing in the second quarter and ran out of puff with cramps also after the third (vs Bris.). Serious question: did he do a LOT of 1%-ers off the ball to attract high praise?
Someone said he had 19 disposals at a high DE --- I don't know how many of his kicks were after
a point --- and 525metres gained, but I just did not see it.
If you were watching Worrell specifically, wouldn’t you know how many kicks came from a point

Good: I hd a function last night so missed the game

Seriously though, was waiting for the tram and watching on my phone (once Kayo started to work) and we were up by 30odd ish. Checked during the 3/4 and watched GC kick 3-4.

WTF I remember when we were bad starters and then made “almost there” come backs. Now we start like Gods but lose all control after the 1st quarter. What’s the psychology here..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That in the end was a hiding after leading by 6 goals. There is no glossing over it by referring to it as an away loss.

Ignore the 25 point margin, had they kicked straight it was a 10 goal loss after leading by 6 goals. Smashed in the ruck and centre clearances, until we can develop a quality midfield this rebuild will fail and it’s because we have not focussed on it during a rebuild which is just unbelievable really.

We’ve lost because of poor goal kicking but we’ve also benefited from it. The Geelong, Bulldogs and Gold Coast losses would have been far worse had they kicked straight. Brisbane would have been a loss.

We’ve got issues and it’s all ruck and midfield related.

Back