• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not, playing at a suburban ground vs a normal AFL venue is very different. Finals aren’t played in Ballarat and never will be, so why are teams forced to play there because the Bulldogs are poor?

I agree, this whole experiment is pathetic.

Was showing a British mate the game this morning and he thought it was an amateur sport based on the stadium/crowd.

Playing the Bulldogs at Marvel is a very different game to Ballarat. Players are humans, being forced down to Ballarat vs playing at an indoor venue in the Melbourne CBD is very different psychologically.
Is Ballarat seriously the sh!ttiest road trip for a non-Victorian AFL team now? A flight to Melbourne, then a one and a half hour bus trip each way. Plus playing on (what I am reliably informed from a person on who played on the same ground) as rock hard when dry, and something between ice and a bog when wet and cold.

We are talking about a minimum five hour plus return road trip, of which of three of those on the bus when you can't realistically get up and walk around. If you are injured during a game, even just a corkie or deep bruising, that's a real bitch to put up with. This is a fully professional, world class league in which there's a trip like this?

I agree, this whole experiment is pathetic.

Was showing a British mate the game this morning and he thought it was an amateur sport based on the stadium/crowd.
Always a good look seeing a king's ransom of empty Bunnings-standard plastic outdoor chairs for the proles to sit in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did seem to fatigue a bit in the second half and made some uncharacteristic errors. Was still one of our better players though.
Agreed. Fatigue I can understand, I lived in Darwin for 7 years and played for the rats, but what I saw was Dawson giving his all.

It was a disappointing finish no doubt, but more the team.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was only able to catch pieces of the game so I’m genuinely asking… why did we throw Murray in ruck when we were already light in defence thanks to the Doedee injury?
Because ROB was getting absolutely bent over in the ruck, so they got desperate.

Witts absolutely annihilated ROB, that's one of the worst performances he's put up in his entire career. 3 hitouts to advantage for the entire game! Levi Casboults taps were more effective for the game and he attended about 1/7th of the ruck contests.

Yes he was good last week and I praised him for this but tonight he was worst on. It started with Doedee going to Casboult who is far too big and strong for him, first he kicks the first goal then minutes later outmuscles Doedee who gets injured in the contest. From there the disappointing stuff just continued.
I thought the same thing right away before the first bounce, seeing the height difference between Dude & Levi. We seemed to get away with it early, despite the early goal and taking the early lead, but later paid for it dearly. Dropping Worrell was a huge mistake, having Dude on Levi early showed that, when he went off injured it was even more obvious.

Laird was more disappointing. Seems to be second to the ball a lot more these days.
Laird was terrible tonight

He basically helped let Rowell dominate in that third quarter

I do think he’s a lot better than what he produced tonight, but he was one of the catalysts as to why we lost

Back