Review Bad & Ugly vs Bulldogs

Who played well against Western Bulldogs?

• Chayce Jones

• Sam Berry (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Lachlan Murphy

• Josh Rachele

• Rory Sloane

• Luke Pedlar

• Jordan Dawson

• Jake Soligo

• Max Michalanney

• Mitch Hinge

• Izak Rankine

• Nick Murray

• Rory Laird

• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Patrick Parnell

• Lachlan Sholl

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

• Lachlan Gollant

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Himmelberg can be added to the Matt Crouch and Tyler Brown "never again want to be seen in Adelaide AFL colours even if we go full West Coast" list.

Rewatched the game under sufferance yesterday....wegot belted, simple as that, no space, poor under pressure and second to the ball. I'll put this down to an outlier for now as the team has shown they are able to perform a lot better.

Whilst not the reason for the loss, I am confused about what they had planned from a forward set up perspective. Did they try and go like for like (foolish) or mix it up to reflect the players being selected strengths and opposition tendencies (doubt it)?

Walker is rested, you don't just lose the player, they lose the on-field forwards coach and I'm not sure Fogarty is ready for that role yet.
Who was the hit up forward?
The ins were limited in their experience playing in the 2023 forward line and this was made worse without Walker to guide them, Himmelburg hardly lighting up the SANFL and Gollant not being able to replicate Walker's workrate left huge holes.
The lack of forward cohesion led to multiple instances of the key forwards getting in each others way, yet we still managed to hit Jones lace out more regularly.

Big fail for mind but it was hardly a lethal forward line that put fear in the opposition regardless of what happened further up the field.

Walker is rested, you don't just lose the player, they lose the on-field forwards coach and I'm not sure Fogarty is ready for that role yet.
Walker's will, presence and voice was sorely missed, not just what he does (goals/GAs/blocking/positioning etc). The forwards looked lost without him there as their on-field Coach, as you said.
Hinge's concussion left us a strong man down as well.
The lack of forward cohesion led to multiple instances of the key forwards getting in each others way, yet we still managed to hit Jones lace out more regularly.
Our Jones?

I think the Crows will be less negatively-affected if Sloane is given the push, than Walker who is required for at least one more year.

I don't know if this has been posted yet:
VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)

Bailey Smith (WB)
Tom Liberatore (WB)
Bailey Dale (WB)
Liam Jones (WB)
Caleb Daniel (WB)
Tim English (WB)

Predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only saw the second half and I will usually watch a replay but this is the first time this year I didn't even bother. Players couldn't be stuffed so I'm going on strike too.

Perhaps I’ve missed it by why did we only have 42 of 75 interchanges?
Players were only jogging so didn't need to come off for a rest?

No, theirs.
You need to keep up with the Smiths and the Joneses.

Dogs had both Liam and Arty Jones, we have Chase.
Dogs have Bailey Smith (and Bailey Williams, and Bailey Dale) for that matter, we have Brodie.
Dogs have Tim O'Brien (and Tim English), we have Riley.
Dogs have Rory Lobbe, we Laird and Sloane...
We have Lachie Sholl, Gollant and Murphy, they have Lachie McNeil.
And we have Jordan Butts and Dawson.

I'm starting to think this match should have been played in Tassie...
46 players, 35 first names, 42 last names!

Back