• Keays

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • Parnell (Sub)

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. He is looking more like Fog of early 2022 than Fog of mid-late 2022. His benefit is to the team is to take marks and kick goals.

He is playing from behind a lot more and doesn't have the same swagger.
Fogarty is still getting to a lot of contest like he did early 2022 but isn't giving away stupid free kick so is bringing the ball to ground and contributing with ground ball get and score assist.

For comparisons sake, Dawson is only 7 votes shy of what Laird tallied for the season last year in that 17th place finish.

Not sure that this is the evidence that he's regarded as a league elite that people might want it to be.

I assume you don’t actually believe half of what you write - 17th place over a season is obviously elite, and challenging to get votes when your side doesn’t win many games regardless of how well you play

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Junior has returned to the elusive HBF that we need. Some of the stuff he did last night was awesome.
The Rash and Rank show is going to be fun to watch for the next 10 years.
The Cap was Dawesome, and Lairdy was enormous with his 16 tackles. (Hopefully gets off the BS 1 week ban).
The Sloanedog is playing some of the most inspiring footy of his career with only 70% game time.
With Worrell's addition, I think our backline of Butts, Murray, Doedee, Michalanny, Worrell, Junior, Smithers is looking flexible enough to take on whatever is thrown at it, with some good run and players able to play tall or small.
If we can jag another quality mid free-agent this year, the sky is the limit.
Great response to the cluster that was last weeks game.

Mutineer have you watched the replay? Go to the 8 minute mark to go in the first, McHenry sloppy handball to Milera who has to stretch and fumbles the greasy ball, McHenry gets it back, kick to Keays bounces before it gets to him. These counted as effective disposals along with the clearly out of bounds on the full kick to Fogarty. So feel free to rely on Champion data, the replay is confirming what I saw live.

6 mins to go in the first, fumbles ground ball ends up with Brisbane who score.

5 mins to go in the first, scrubs a kick along the ground lucky it got to Rachelle

For comparisons sake, Dawson is only 7 votes shy of what Laird tallied for the season last year in that 17th place finish.

Not sure that this is the evidence that he's regarded as a league elite that people might want it to be.
Laird finished outside of the top 20 last year didn't he?

If we're going that route though, in 2021 Laird got 74 votes and finished top 10.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the reasons our crowds have never reached the heights of 2014 is that the day ticket and even membership prices have gone up well ahead of general inflation, and that was long before inflation became an economic issue in 2021. Even in 2016 and 17 when we were flying, we seldom got the kinds of crowds we got in 2014, the first season at AO when prices were lower.

For sure, I also think the demand isn't there so when you can't go its hard to give your ticket to anyone.

And Rankine's goal harder than Racheles. He literally threw it on his left as soon as he got it and was running towards the boundary. Rachele had a bit more time and was running towards goal.

I actually think this made Racheles harder as he had a lot more time to think about it and do the calculations, whereas Rankins was more of a 'hope for the best' type goal (great goal regardless).

I assume you don’t actually believe half of what you write - 17th place over a season is obviously elite, and challenging to get votes when your side doesn’t win many games regardless of how well you play

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its not the brownlow, losing players get votes all the time. A suns player won it last year for gods sake.

Charlie is probably the best small forward in the competition. A player like Michalanney can lock him down for 95% of the match and he can still get four goals. Just a freak of a player.

The only time I remember Michalanney being straight-up beaten by Charlie was when he lost his footing late in the game and Charlie was able to take the mark. I think he might have sprayed the kick though.
No, that was the last of Charlie's goals.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since covid we have had a much higher DNA rate.
I can totally understand people either being sick with covid-19 or not wanting to enter crowded spaces, but not wanting to give up their membership either.

And come to think of it, looking at the averages for the last Footy Park years, it looks like the 30 to 35,000 mark is what we draw when we're not in a premiership window.

I my view, it's easier to fill Adelaide Oval when a larger portion of the seats are ready to be sold at cheaper prices - supply and demand 101. When more seats are held back for 3-game or 11-game memberships that people aren't buying, or people find it too hard to onsell their seat, or it's just too expensive, you get worse crowds.

'Theatregoers' are derided, but the reality is that there are plenty of supporters who will only go if it's an occasion they can share with family or friends, say a big night game or a Showdown. They're still supporters and they're a vital part of sport. These people don't want to attend alone. But three seats, even in a relatively s**t Category 6 area, will set you back - I just checked - $165. Three seats in Category 2 is $285.

The one who makes the transaction has to pony up and wait for their mates to pay them back. These theatregoers are often younger, which is correlated with lower income.

Laird finished outside of the top 20 last year didn't he?

If we're going that route though, in 2021 Laird got 74 votes and finished top 10.
Still means Laird was the 17th rated player in the AFL 2022 ......2021 he was the 10th best, according to the Coaches

FWIW, Laird starts his monster games once the cooler weather / wetter grounds kick in .....was the same last year

There wasn't too much bad or ugly last night, but one good thing I particularly liked was when Keays smothered the ball out of bounds, I think it was the last quarter, on the outer half forward flank and did a fist pump to the crowd in celebration. Showed how much the one percenters mean to Keays and the team and the crowd appreciated it.

Seen that movie

And when you think we’d arrive in Darwin ? Surely it takes time to acclimatise

I mean what sort of draw do we have when not only we go up there to play a team that trains in those conditions all summer but also a team that’s been there for 10 days already and have already had a nice win

And we’ve come from a super cold start to Adelaide winter , at least we’ve been playing in slippery conditions 😆
It’s beautiful up in Darwin at this time of year. I go there a lot for work and mornings are actually cold atm and it’s a very pleasant temperature just after the sun goes down. The game just played was in perfect conditions for footy and I wouldn’t expect any different this week.

Lions had 59 kicks inside 50 and took 3 marks. That’s a combination of good pressure and the Lions wasting a few entries, but as a few have mentioned already, many of their kicks inside 50 were shallow or wide. Sure the Lions had periods of dominance, but as the disposals showed, this game was played on our terms.

Back