Votes: 78 76.5%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • Parnell (Sub)

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird 10 votes is interesting, I assumed he would get votes but not the 5/5

Seems like a fair enough spread, although I didn’t think Neale or Bailey had that much influence
Seems oppo coaches rate him more than some on this board...

Lots of talk about how good Charlie was. I don't reckon Michalanney lowered his colours. Charlie 3 possessions in 1st half for 2 goals. 5 possessions in 2nd half for 2 goals. Michalanney controlled him for much of the match. A couple of Charlie's goals were pure luck. Not saying he's not a great small forward, just that our bloke is hard-done-by

Lots of talk about how good Charlie was. I don't reckon Michalanney lowered his colours. Charlie 3 possessions in 1st half for 2 goals. 5 possessions in 2nd half for 2 goals. Michalanney controlled him for much of the match. A couple of Charlie's goals were pure luck. Not saying he's not a great small forward, just that our bloke is hard-done-by

Charlie is probably the best small forward in the competition. A player like Michalanney can lock him down for 95% of the match and he can still get four goals. Just a freak of a player.

The only time I remember Michalanney being straight-up beaten by Charlie was when he lost his footing late in the game and Charlie was able to take the mark. I think he might have sprayed the kick though.

10 Rory Laird (ADEL)
8 Izak Rankine (ADEL)
6 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
2 Lachie Neale (BL)
2 Josh Dunkley (BL)
1 Zac Bailey (BL)
1 Charlie Cameron (BL)

Zac Bailey. Hmmm, I wouldn't have had him in my votes. 25 touches, 0.2, 5 tackles, 5 clearances

Feel like Benny Keays had a very good case for that 1 voter. 28 touches, 1.2, 9 tackles, 6 clearances
Probably had a fairly good case for Lachie Neales 2 votes TBH.

Thought Keays might get a vote - hasn't had any votes this year, after getting coaches votes in 7 games last year.

Interesting element of the wider spread of players performing well actually - we've had 17 players get coaches' votes in the first half of the year, which is one short of the same number of players who picked up votes in our whole 2022 season. The only regular selections who haven't picked up a vote so far in 2023 are Keays, Soligo, Sholl, Hinge, Murray and Butts. Guys like Thilthorpe, Jones, McHenry, Murphy and Pedlar have got votes this year but not last.

Rankine's got votes 5 times now, same as Laird and one more than Walker. All are trailing Dawson who now has votes in 7 out of 11 games.

Seems like a fair enough spread, although I didn’t think Neale or Bailey had that much influence
The Bailey one is plain ridiculous. He had zero influence, just a couple of flashy runs. Both sides had other players better than him.

The cheer when the 3 qtr time siren went, after the Michalanney/Cameron contest in the D50, was louder than the cheer when the final siren went. It was actually a really funny moment. We'd just conceded 9 points in a row and couldn't get it past centre, the umpires went full blown bizarre, and unlike usual WE kicked 2 goals in red time. One of them a GOTY contender. Crowd was razzed up and the desperation of Max and Doods to not concede in those final few seconds was great.

I really think if we'd conceded then, the balloon would have burst and Brisbane would have run over us.
Was a great moment, crowd stood and applauded, a standing ovation because we didn't conceed in the last 30 seconds. You're right the cheer was louder than the final siren. The crowd was so amped in that 3rd quarter.

The loudest Roar was the Pedlar Goal in the last! Every body around was jumping out their seats and celebrating.

Vote for your favourite child goal here
Honestly can't decide.... Considering the moment in the game it happened Rachele's is ahead slightly but both phenomenal goals!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly can't decide.... Considering the moment in the game it happened Rachele's is ahead slightly but both phenomenal goals!
Hopefully our fans don’t do what the umps do to Trac/Oliver in Brownlow voting and split the votes too evenly so that neither wins 😂

Nup.. no way.

Rankine snapping on that angle on your non preferred running towards the boundary with the inside of your boot is way more difficult than the rach one.. which was on his preferred and just relies on him dropping the ball perfectly onto his boot whilst facing the goals..

Last edited:
Do they?

It's not like he's won the Award. He's not currently in the top 20 leaderboard, and finished 17th last year.

Well 17th last year put him in the top 3% of players to pull on a jumper. Suggests the comp rates him pretty highly
Not quite 1 player from each other club was considered better than him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well 17th last year put him in the top 3% of players to pull on a jumper. Suggests the comp rates him pretty highly
Not quite 1 player from each other club was considered better than him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For comparisons sake, Dawson is only 7 votes shy of what Laird tallied for the season last year in that 17th place finish.

Not sure that this is the evidence that he's regarded as a league elite that people might want it to be.

Would have gotten 5 from me

Disagree. He is looking more like Fog of early 2022 than Fog of mid-late 2022. His benefit is to the team is to take marks and kick goals.

He is playing from behind a lot more and doesn't have the same swagger.
Name another player who can mark it in row 6 and convince the umpire it was a mark.
Special talent!

Back