Unofficial Preview Round 11: Pies v North Melbourne, Marvel. 28 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some are being very harsh regarding Adams. He'd die for the jumper. Finals intensity is where Adams will be at his best. He is still ahead of any alternative because Lipinski is an outside runner. Taylor won't be going anywhere in my opinion.
He might even get some extra midfield time to sharpen him up.

Have put ourselves in a very good position to be able to manage players throughout the rest of the season.
I'd imagine we start seeing clear starting 18 players being used as the sub moreso than completely rested. We clearly have 2 or 3 players banging the door for a senior callup as well so you'd think they would be rewarded for effort at some stage.
Mitchell, murph, Elliott and checkers are the 4 who stand out most to me as the ones who would benefit most from a small break. Not all at once obviously.
Nice position to be in as I don't think we had players ready to come in when needed at any point last season. Our depth looks much better this year.

Wonder if that scumbag Tarryn Thomas gets a game for North this week.
If he gets booed is it racist? Or just what should happen to a germ.

No idea on changes, personally I don’t think any are needed, I’ll just sit back and watch Fly and co. do there thing. I’m just happy that we are in such a good place and regardless of any change to the side it will most likely be the right call.

Old saying though is if it ain’t broke.

I think Fly rocks that mentality a little bit too.

Adams looks like age has caught up to him. Just struggling to keep up with the tempo, and his ball use has always been mediocre.

Good time to get games into Macrae or Carmichael to prepare them for september
Adams is a lock. The tempo has not passed him. If he would just take the 1st option there would'nt be a problem. Instead of a handball to the left he played on got caught, failed to HB took on the tackler and lost. In the last he could of kicked short into 50. Ignored that and tried to kick deeper to 1v3. When he doesn't play to his limitations the optics are poor.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adams is a lock. The tempo has not passed him. If he would just take the 1st option there would'nt be a problem. Instead of a handball to the left he played on got caught, failed to HB took on the tackler and lost. In the last he could of kicked short into 50. Ignored that and tried to kick deeper to 1v3. When he doesn't play to his limitations the optics are poor.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could it be that he is playing a different role this year with Mitchell coming in. Our clearance structures were a bit poor last year and Adams role is now more to block the gun midfielders of opposition clubs and allow Mitchell and JDG to get the ball out, it seems to be working. His decision making has always been a bit sus.

I carry a lot of mental scar tissue from historical losses when we have been massive favourites. We have previously had a history of not turning up mentally when expected to win easily, and suffering embarrassing losses.

Last season we lost to West Coast’s WAFL team and needed a miraculous comeback to beat North.

That history makes me a little nervous about resting players. Especially against North at Marvel. Let’s make sure of the win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I carry a lot of mental scar tissue from historical losses when we have been massive favourites. We have previously had a history of not turning up mentally when expected to win easily, and suffering embarrassing losses.

Last season we lost to West Coast’s WAFL team and needed a miraculous comeback to beat North.

That history makes me a little nervous about resting players. Especially against North at Marvel. Let’s make sure of the win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's Sidey's 300th - no one will be rested and they'll come to play. We're nearly at the bye - why all the talk of resting?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing to criticise about our club, coach or team at all. Just wondering if we might be peaking too early or we going ok?

Tried to book reserved seats for a group of 4 on Ticketmaster this morning and nothing is available? I'm assuming they will open more bays in the week or is the Pies hype train chugging along that much that we've pretty much already sold out a game at Marvel?

The West Coast game was bizarre and still hard to understand more than 12 months on.
it actually wasn't that bizarre.

Interesting stat about that game.
When they played the cats, if you reverse the accuracy that WCE had against the cats to match their accuracy against us, they beat the cats as well (they actually had 3 more scoring shots against the cats).

Yes i know it returns to the middle etc....but just pointing out that sometimes teams just kick the lights out.

it actually wasn't that bizarre.

Interesting stat about that game.
When they played the cats, if you reverse the accuracy that WCE had against the cats to match their accuracy against us, they beat the cats as well (they actually had 3 more scoring shots against the cats).

Yes i know it returns to the middle etc....but just pointing out that sometimes teams just kick the lights out.

A lot of the accuracy was due to defensive breakdowns resulting in walk in goals. They parked the bus to make it hard for us to score goals and beat us on fast breaks. We just hadn't fully gotten a handle on our defensive system when we played them last year.

Got a feeling our system doesn't suit this stadium as well as the MCG so pies by only 50-60, I dont think we really care that our system doesnt stack up as well at this ground either btw
I agree. I can see us doing what we do anywhere at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back