Autopsy 2023 Rd 11 It's Groundhog Day ... again

Who played well for the Blues vs the Swans in Round 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard that mid last year we had the opportunity to secure one of the best sports psychologists in the country, if not the world. Club wouldn’t fly in fly out, went with someone local, cheaper and less experienced. Go figure.
lloyd reluctant to do what’s best and go cheaper.
Well, that's paid off brilliantly.
Always wise to be prudent eh?

So I just watched the game...

Positives: Weitering was ****ing awesome

Takeaways - you play the way you train. That bunch in the coaches box don't know that. Fundamentals you ****s 'oh but we don't have time to train Goal kicking' 'oh we're empowering their routines'

**** that get the **** to work this is absolutely pathetic and a bloody embarrassment on the coaches that they've let standards slip this ****ing far.

You always over a sample size regress or rise to play at the level you train and the way you train.

What a joke this is.

Last edited by a moderator:

So I just watched the game...

Positives: Weitering was ******* awesome

Takeaways - you play the way you train. This bunch of stupid pricks in the coaches box don't know that. Fundamentals you *s 'oh but we don't have time to train Goal kicking' 'oh we're empowering their routines'

* that get the * to work this is absolutely pathetic and a bloody embarrassment on the coaches that they've let standards slip this ******* far.

You always over a sample size regress or rise to play at the level you train and the way you train.

What a joke this is.
we'll be fine - you are understandably hurt and upset by the loss but you'd be surprised how quick it can turn around - hope you don't live to regret your decision to turn your back on the club but as I said, I sort of feel your frustrations and emotional difficulties..........go blues!!

What was the reason Cerra started on the bench in the last qtr? And was on there For 8 Minutes?
I believe you had no other healthy players at that time?

View attachment 1697318
We are tanking for Harley Reid. Because number 1 picks in the past two decades have been our saviour. Tried and tested.
More seriously, I suspect we were trying to manage midfield minutes given three other guys were out for the rest of the game … we were attempting to plug numerous holes in the dam wall and use it as an excuse for the deplorable previous three quarters.

we'll be fine - you are understandably hurt and upset by the loss but you'd be surprised how quick it can turn around - hope you don't live to regret your decision to turn your back on the club but as I said, I sort of feel your frustrations and emotional difficulties..........go blues!!
Yes I'm posting here because I've turned my back on the club. How insightful lol. Clearly makes sense.

Voss deserves to go more now than Teague did. But because we’ve slaughtered so many coaches careers we are backed into a corner where we can’t move on him. The board and President have given him their ‘full support’.

The only hope is that we do the following:
1) cut the dead wood out of the list
2) don’t lose core players
3) surround Voss with good assistants who have decent strategic skills
4) The afl increases the soft cap
5) Get rid of Lloyd and co
6) Rebalance the list in the off season.

Lots of things need to go right.

What are you talking about?

It'll be a loss between 20-29 points...

If anything that's the one thing we're consistent with.. no matter who we play, we'll make sure they have to earn their win!

Hope you’re right but if we lose by 20 something to a depleted Sydney defence, how are we going to fare against a strong Dees?

Unless we start connecting inside 50s to advantage instead of wasting bombing in hope, can’t see much improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't forget the amount of flak that I and others who critique have copped over time, when we've questioned culture, coach, expressed how unimpressive certain wins were, been critical of "star" players etc. Almost like we were questioned whether we were "real supporters". I've been a member for all but the first 6 years of my life. I've barely missed attending a Melbourne match in 30 years and same goes for watching (on telly) interstate games. I'm certain that level of commitment is a lot more than 99% of people in here.

My view is that those who show blind faith (and I fear there are some within the Club's walls), who don't question culture, coach or players are the most damaging people for the Club.
Amen to this 👏 👏

Yeah that’s right !
We all watched it, win lose or draw we all had a good time and that’s the most important thing! Bring on the deeboys!

I won't forget the amount of flak that I and others who critique have copped over time, when we've questioned culture, coach, expressed how unimpressive certain wins were, been critical of "star" players etc. Almost like we were questioned whether we were "real supporters". I've been a member for all but the first 6 years of my life. I've barely missed attending a Melbourne match in 30 years and same goes for watching (on telly) interstate games. I'm certain that level of commitment is a lot more than 99% of people in here.

My view is that those who show blind faith (and I fear there are some within the Club's walls), who don't question culture, coach or players are the most damaging people for the Club.
please don't mistake the term critique for entitled bleating...........

Embarrassing. Club is broken and the light at the end of the tunnel has faded into the distance. 8 years into a rebuild, 0 finals and a team heading for the bottom 4-6. Failure of epic proportions.
...and the time has come for the Club to own it. Many supporters have seen the writing on the wall for quite a while. We are not making finals ( let alone being a contender ) with this mix of players and coaches.
We are not just losing games but our style of football is unwatchable junk.
The only way forward now is to go back first ( as unpalatable as that sounds). Play the kids for the rest of the year. At the end of the season trade players with currency who have failed to perform at the level required. Go as hard as possible in the next couple of drafts....an for f....s sake draft kids who can kick both feet and have a hunger for the contest.

Apparently we can only cancel our membership in a few week window before it rolls over again. I need to switch off the roll-over function somehow.

I pay for 3 memberships and see no football where I am. They just don't give back.

Clearly a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B when it comes to coach vs player blame.

Is there a game plan that would work for this group of players? Maybe, but it's not this game plan.
Is there a group of players that could make this game plan work? Maybe, but it's not this group of players.

But I simply cannot fathom, based on watching our games and noting our scores for/against the last 6 weeks, how a senior coach can think that most of our problems are defensive rather than offensive.

Every failed offensive play because your players keep doing something dumb like kicking it directly to Darcy Moore, lead to scoring opportunities for the opposition which blows out your defensive rating. There are not many teams around that can cope defensively with continually burning the ball during your offensive plays. Even with this in mind, we still sit mid-table for defensive ratings, but approach bottom 4 for offensive ratings.

Sometimes I think he's not watching the same games that I am.

Last edited:
Back