Luke Sayers - PWC Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldnt be surprised if he steps aside while the investigation is running.

Same. I hope so. Then again, he had the gall to front up to host a Business Luncheon on behalf of the club in Sydney today. Granted that was likely booked weeks in advance, but I'm hoping the board tap him on the shoulder over the weekend and he makes a quiet exit.

How can Luke Sayers remain as President of Carlton in light of what has been alleged and revealed in this tax scandal at PWC and other businesses involved? Surely it’s untenable. Pressure must be mounting on him to step aside at this point?

LOLd hard at this.

His close ties with Lindsay Fox and Dan Andrews make him as untoucable as a Australian can get.

He will need to do something 10x this to even get a smack on the hand

But I don’t see how he is the one in trouble if he was not the one on the ato board who had the information in privacy at first….? Or was he I don’t know enough, just don’t like to see the people who knew of the information getting in trouble for this when they didn’t really choose to find it out.
Certainly the guy on the ATO board was a bad apple, but that isn't why Luke should be in trouble. The issue is that the information obtained was used by more than 50 other PWC consultant projects. One or two you might just say ok, well they made mistakes, but 50! These are multimillion dollar contracts that has cost every single tax payer in Australia money and has contributed to the cost-of-living crisis! That is indicative of one of two things. 1. Sheer incompetence and criminal lack of governance - but that is largely what PWC are meant to do, work in delivering governance, so absolutely appalling and quite frankly, extremely unlikely given who they are or 2) Systemic and intentional misuse of the data to gain financial advantage, even if Luke wasn't into the details, there is no way this sort of activity could be undertaken without his knowledge. PWC really deserve to go out of exitence becuase of this. Nobody will ever trust them again and without that in this game, they're history.

Whether he should stay pres of Carlton - I really dont care, but it says much about Carlton while they maintain any sort of relationship with him.

Certainly the guy on the ATO board was a bad apple, but that isn't why Luke should be in trouble. The issue is that the information obtained was used by more than 50 other PWC consultant projects. One or two you might just say ok, well they made mistakes, but 50! These are multimillion dollar contracts that has cost every single tax payer in Australia money and has contributed to the cost-of-living crisis! That is indicative of one of two things. 1. Sheer incompetence and criminal lack of governance - but that is largely what PWC are meant to do, work in delivering governance, so absolutely appalling and quite frankly, extremely unlikely given who they are or 2) Systemic and intentional misuse of the data to gain financial advantage, even if Luke wasn't into the details, there is no way this sort of activity could be undertaken without his knowledge. PWC really deserve to go out of exitence becuase of this. Nobody will ever trust them again and without that in this game, they're history.

Whether he should stay pres of Carlton - I really dont care, but it says much about Carlton while they maintain any sort of relationship with him.
If 50 PwC senior types were flogging the material around the world, not only was the CEO aware but he ticked off on it

They might be headed that way. Arthur Andersen went from a big 5 firm to nothing in a few months.

These partnerships usually don't have any assets other than goodwill associated with the brand.

If 50 PwC senior types were flogging the material around the world, not only was the CEO aware but he ticked off on it
Sounds like the 'one rogue operator' defence cant be used. Cant see this ending well for PWC or Sayers.

He wont be spending much time at his tuscan villa now
Yep
simply deregistering these guys isn’t enough.nor nominal fines.
they made a lot of money for themselves from this. Not sure if this is possible but they need fines that go above the level of directors insurance *which many will have(.

They are however politically connected on both sides, at Federal and state level. This isn’t just a lib or labor thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep
simply deregistering these guys isn’t enough.nor nominal fines.
they made a lot of money for themselves from this. Not sure if this is possible but they need fines that go above the level of directors insurance *which many will have(.

They are however politically connected on both sides, at Federal and state level. This isn’t just a lib or labor thing.
I think there is a new political will to really make an example of this. MNCs have been payinging sfa tax for a long time- and to think the government where drafting policy to amend this - only to be ‘rathecked’ by the trusted parther (PWC). Its us, the Australian taxpayer, who have been treated with contempt by PWC to line their own (read partners) pockets. Sayers was CEO and obviously the most senior partner.
He has blatantly robbed us all to better his own lot (inc tuscan villas, geelong biarding school for daughters despite the fact he lives in Melbourne).
A true dog.

I would trust them if I was a big company though, Must of saved them a lot of money!

Just your standard Liberal Party fraudster. They all look like that.
This isn’t a Liberal / Labor thing.

If we’re going to go down the fraudster route, you better mention your mate who’s out of control in Victoria, dodging IBAC on numerous corruption allegations (if you must insert this word), shielded by ‘mates’ everywhere and getting away with absurd new budget taxes on a power trip that’s becoming a runaway train thanks to having no viable opposition in Victoria.
There’s shady dealings and then there’s the bloke running Victoria.

So he was the CEO of a on organisation paid by the Federal Government to work on Tax evasion and was privy to confidential policies which the company then used to sell to other companies offshore to avoid paying taxes here? Asking for a friend
Yes
And where confidentiality documents would have been signed by PwC with government

This isn’t a Liberal / Labor thing.

If we’re going to go down the fraudster route, you better mention your mate who’s out of control in Victoria, dodging IBAC on numerous corruption allegations (if you must insert this word), shielded by ‘mates’ everywhere and getting away with absurd new budget taxes on a power trip that’s becoming a runaway train thanks to having no viable opposition in Victoria.
There’s shady dealings and then there’s the bloke running Victoria.
As I understand it, Sayers is very well connected to Andrews

Hes toast will have Directors rights banned as a minimum if not a jail sentence.
For those not in International business circles - let me tell you this is bigger than Be Hur…
On optics alone they're set to lose $266m in gov contacts.
It's a bigger story than many realize

Remove this Banner Ad

Back