Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 13 Discussion

Who will Score The Highest in R13

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like this may have been the most important round of the year to nail your captain's choice, as fine margins separated everything else. If my calcs are correct, will probably win my Div 1 match up by 12 points, because even though their side was better overall, they went English in the ruck as Captain while I had Briggs, and then Laird as Captain.

Round 14 and 15 is where we'll start to see some real change.

Is the fantasy coach smart enough take into account scores dropping off or does it just add everything remaining onto the projected total?

1932 with Naicos to come.

High scoring week so looks like I'll only go up 500 or so spots to 4k mark.

Should be in a decent spot for the last two byes as I only have 3 Rd 14 premos and 6 round 15 premos spread evenly across the park.

Zerrett last crunching tackle on Cincotta with a minute to go…absolutely mauled him and head may have hit ground

He’s getting suspended isn’t he?

Honestly, with the way this year is, probably.

If that's what happens, then I'm just trading and using it to make money - as he'll be at his absolute highest price around 990K.

Can't win this year, so use it as an opportunity to try and get some of those cheapies. Got a fair few tags coming his way anyway, so might be a blessing in disguise.

Misses Round 14 bye
Misses Round 15 suspended
Tagged by Drew, Round 16
Tagged by Keays, Round 17
Tagged by T. Atkins, Round 18

Then a stellar run home from there.

Zerrett last crunching tackle on Cincotta with a minute to go…absolutely mauled him and head may have hit ground

He’s getting suspended isn’t he?
Looked akin to Butler's. Let's see the bs spin Christian puts on it to apply the superstar subsidy and only fine him.

Is the fantasy coach smart enough take into account scores dropping off or does it just add everything remaining onto the projected total?

The projected total is beyond useless, so nah, it is smart enough to know. Seem to work every time, and no complaints on Fantasy boards - so the algorithm is probably one of the only things that doesn't have issues.

1932 with Naicos to come.

High scoring week so looks like I'll only go up 500 or so spots to 4k mark.

Should be in a decent spot for the last two byes as I only have 3 Rd 14 premos and 6 round 15 premos spread evenly across the park.
In terms of on field

My DEF is very bye heavy next week, got Naicos, Redman, Hunt and Smith missing but the last two will be upgraded this week.

Only two missing in the mids (Telly, Nic Martin)

And just one missing in the FWD line in Hobbs.

And after trades and cover I could get to at least 20 on field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope ignore the projected total!
Trying to wrap my head around what the result here is if JVR hits his projected (will put him in bottom opponents bottom 4) and I have a 21 point lead.

Is it as simple as Sic, Merrett and Ashcroft vs Steele, Serong, Butters? Assuming the other 4 players not mentioned on both sides are all bottom 4 cuts

11D593B0-3C39-464A-B647-B3AAAA86EA5E.png

On 2015

With two scores to drop off for tracc and daicos

But find it hard to believe I’ve actually gone back in ranking?

Maybe the app is stuffed, but I guess everyone is just having a blinder

Trying to wrap my head around what the result here is if JVR hits his projected (will put him in bottom opponents bottom 4) and I have a 21 point lead.

Is it as simple as Sic, Merrett and Ashcroft vs Steele, Serong, Butters? Assuming the other 4 players not mentioned on both sides are all bottom 4 cuts

View attachment 1710479
Pretty much impossible to tell, as you may have 4 extra and they may only have 3. Best way is to figure out how many they have playing, then take off their 2/3/4 lowest scores, and then add up the remainder. If it's lower than your Best 18, then you'll win.

Some mixed scores yet again via app and website. Bit annoying that they can't get it right.

1926 with daicos to come. Probably wont crack 2k which will result in a disappointing round most likely, might slip out of the top 5k. Had ashcrofts 74 on field and wardlaws 97 on the bench.

Trade ins no good this week Steele and B'Shaw in for sheezel and ziebell out, should be ok however in the long run. HH not a bad debut considering that they didnt get much ball back there. Probably going to look to bring in a rookie fyfe and serong next week. Still unsure on fyfe from a fantasy scoring perspective however.

I have just done too many dumb trades overall this year, (too many downgrades, rioli, macpherson, red dots) and have seemed to get on the wrong mid pricers and not enough of the good ones (traded out hunt after r1, hobbs, fading butters etc)

1926 with daicos to come. Probably wont crack 2k which will result in a disappointing round most likely, might slip out of the top 5k. Had ashcrofts 74 on field and wardlaws 97 on the bench.

Trade ins no good this week Steele and B'Shaw in for sheezel and ziebell out, should be ok however in the long run. HH not a bad debut considering that they didnt get much ball back there. Probably going to look to bring in a rookie fyfe and serong next week. Still unsure on fyfe from a fantasy scoring perspective however.

I have just done too many dumb trades overall this year, (too many downgrades, rioli, macpherson, red dots) and have seemed to get on the wrong mid pricers and not enough of the good ones (traded out hunt after r1, hobbs, fading butters etc)

Daicos should definitely get a 74 - would be one of his lowest scores for the year if he didn't

Pretty much impossible to tell, as you may have 4 extra and they may only have 3. Best way is to figure out how many they have playing, then take off their 2/3/4 lowest scores, and then add up the remainder. If it's lower than your Best 18, then you'll win.
We both have only Daicos left and he’s got JVR as a unique

Looks like all of Mitchell/Chesser and Wilmot/JVR from either side will be non scorers so doesn’t that just leave the 3v3 I described above as the deciding scores in the matchup? (Given the other 2 drop offs are both matching)

Looking like 1980 - 2000 pts being the final total. Daicos and Petracca to come.

Might have pushed 2040 if it wasn't for an embarrassing rookie type error. The early start Thursday (in WA) and a rollback of the team the night before caught me out.

(C).png

Can't say I've done that before. Obviously 129 would have done me fine.

Looks like Zez will have to go, which means a rethink overall...

Probably Sinclair, Neale, Yeo, D. Cameron and Himmelberg over the next 3 weeks - using the Zez money. Miss out on Wardlaw though - but not much I can do about that.

Will give me post byes:

DEF: Dawson, Naicos, Sinclair, Stewart, Yeo, Himmelberg (Chesser, Rook)

MID: Taranto, Brayshaw, T. Green, Laird, Serong, L. Neale, Cogs, Keays (M. Johnson, Sheldrick)

RUC: R. Marshall, Briggs (McAndrew)

FWD: Dunkley, Butters, Gulden, Rozee, D. Cameron, C. Ward (Davey Jnr, Maric)

UTL: (Drury)

Not great losing Zez...along with Oliver...Doch...Day...Touk...Steele...Darcy etc. but I've completely changed my strategy and I'm now just trying to make as much money as possible, by chasing the lowest BE's. N. Martin the other one I'll consider.

Last edited:
We both have only Daicos left and he’s got JVR as a unique

Looks like all of Mitchell/Chesser and Wilmot/JVR from either side will be non scorers so doesn’t that just leave the 3v3 I described above as the deciding scores in the matchup? (Given the other 2 drop offs are both matching)

Then yeah, if you've both got 20, and he only has JVR left, then the scores are basically already set - so whoever is up right now, wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back