Preview Geelong V Port Thu June 15 @ AO 710 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tough to find the players to come out with so many coming back. Scott all but confirmed that all of Stanley, Danger, Holmes, Duncan and Bowes will come in his presser.

out: Knevitt, Ceglar, Mullin, Bews and O. Henry.
Personally I’d take Kolo and O’Connor out but I know they won’t so realistically I’d look at those above and make Henry sub.

Gotta drop bews or guthrie or tuohy then.
Bews is droppable on form but if it's Danger, Duncan, Bowes and Holmes in I expect to see Knevitt, Bruhn, Mullin and O Henry go out with one of them sub. Simpson out too of course.

That would mean O'Connor and Bowes rotating through midfield a bit but we were doing that previously anyway.

There's a chance they leave out Ceglar and go with Blicavs rucking.

None of those guys are playing badly but I'll be absolutely stunned if anyone other than Knevitt, Mullin, Bruhn, O Henry, Ceglar and Simpson is left out from the dogs game.

Or we could add another good ball user off half back. one for each flank
But if we add 4 of those players. Holmes, Dangerfield, Duncan, Bowes it's going to push players out. But Knevitt, Bruhn would get pushed who been performing well, were Tuhoy hasn't been as good

But if we add 4 of those players. Holmes, Dangerfield, Duncan, Bowes it's going to push players out. But Knevitt, Bruhn would get pushed who been performing well, were Tuhoy hasn't been as good
Tuohy's last 3 weeks have seen incremental improvement though, especially compared to start of year. I don't think he was coping in a backline that wasn't secure and had absentees. I'd be tempted to roll the dice on him, but would rest him if he needs it at any point.

Dangerfield and Holmes will be in midfield and Duncan or Tuohy more on the wing, is my suspicion.

FB: Bews De Koning Henry
HB: Stewart Kolo Tuohy
C: Duncan Blicavs Smith
HF: Miers Cameron Close
FF: Stengle Hawkins Rohan
FOL: Stanley Dangerfield Holmes
IC: Bruhn Atkins O.Henry Zuthrie O'Connor(sub)

If Stanley isn't ready, Ceglar stays. One of Zuthrie and O'Connor. One of Bruhn and Knevitt. Bowes in if Duncan doesn't get up, or for anyone on the bench except Atkins.

Tuohy's last 3 weeks have seen incremental improvement though, especially compared to start of year. I don't think he was coping in a backline that wasn't secure and had absentees. I'd be tempted to roll the dice on him, but would rest him if he needs it at any point.

Dangerfield and Holmes will be in midfield and Duncan or Tuohy more on the wing, is my suspicion.

FB: Bews De Koning Henry
HB: Stewart Kolo Tuohy
C: Duncan Blicavs Smith
HF: Miers Cameron Close
FF: Stengle Hawkins Rohan
FOL: Stanley Dangerfield Holmes
IC: Bruhn Atkins O.Henry Zuthrie O'Connor(sub)

If Stanley isn't ready, Ceglar stays. One of Zuthrie and O'Connor. One of Bruhn and Knevitt. Bowes in if Duncan doesn't get up, or for anyone on the bench except Atkins.
Looks good except no way O'Connor will be sub. Finally we've got some depth. Knevitt, Bowes are good players to be left out.

Last edited:
In all regards soon for Neale is this week? Or in 2 months time?
The talk before the bye (not from anyone in any official capacity at the club, of course) was that he would be back quite soon after it. So I'm giving it another couple of weeks before just about giving up on his season.

:moustache:

Last edited:
Scott is saying the right things again in his presser… pre bulldogs game said we have our full complement of forwards available and basically our premiership defence playing and said we have been ‘passive’ .
Now admitting that this is a ‘big game’ in the context of the season and players that are coming back are not just ready to play , but ready to ‘play well’. And that this is the closest to ‘full strength’ that the team has been.
I’m liking these comments… he is putting it on the players to play like premiers and get the job done! Good job Chris!
No excuses football club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they are bringing in five - Rhys no, and probably not Mitch, just from Simon Lloyd's phrasing.

Mullin a definite out, Simpson also gone, and Knevitt officially dropped so that he can be the sub.

After that it's getting very tight ... we might see the return of the mighty General Soreness to the battlefield ....

I will be disappointed if Knevitt is dropped, he could be this year’s Holmes, rapid improver and be a key part of the team by the end of the year.
Knevitt is going nicely but I don't think he has shown the same elite performance as Holmes last year.

Guys like Knevitt, Bruhn and Henry I'd be looking at more in the Close and Atkins mould. Both of them played a lot of games in 2020 but were squeezed out of the 22 for finals. Then they were best 22 in 2021 and then stepped up again to be major contributors in 2022.

Those 3 are going to be good players and will get plenty of games this year. I'm just not sure any will crack the 22 for finals. Maybe 1.

Great to hear we will have a 2-4 coming back but unrealistic to think they will all be at their best. One or two may have a really good first up game but may then drop off the week after. I think it will take 2-4 weeks for them to get back so we should temper expectations. The Port midfield is red hot at the moment and the team intensity is off the charts. Unless Port have an off night and they are probably due for one it is hard to see us knocking them off over there.
Port's backline is their weakness but can we win enough ball and give our forwards a good look to expose it?

:astonished: Holy crap on a cracker!!! :hearteyes:

View attachment 1711731
We Are Back Killer Queen GIF by NETFLIX

If there's one thing I've learnt after joining BF, it's that our dominance has really messed up a lot of people.

If you check out oppo boards, we've got supposed 'rivalries' with clubs that we don't even talk about...or even have a soft spot for. It's pretty interesting tbh.

For our board it's the Hawks, and to a certain extent the Tigers. Where as when you look around, we've got 15 other clubs with imaginary rivalries against us!! It's pretty funny when you think about it.

I will be disappointed if Knevitt is dropped, he could be this year’s Holmes, rapid improver and be a key part of the team by the end of the year.
With due respect, think he's a fair way off Holmes at the same stage of their careers. Has quite a few areas he needs to work on as I see it.

With due respect, think he's a fair way off Holmes at the same stage of their careers. Has quite a few areas he needs to work on as I see it.
I agree. And that's not a knock on Mitch, really. It's just a commentary on the pretty extraordinary player Max is shaping to be.

That's extreme talent right there.

I agree. And that's not a knock on Mitch, really. It's just a commentary on the pretty extraordinary player Max is shaping to be.

Yep! But Mitch has a way to go. Doubt he'd have got the ones game time he has if it wasn't for the injuries. He'll be a good player for us, but frankly think Dempsey has more upside.

Max is a gun, but Knevitt looks like he's going to be an important piece for us in the future. One thing I really love about him is his overhead contested mark.

With turnovers in the centre of the ground getting more costly with each year that passes, being able to take these grabs is so valuable. Joel used to take them and save certain goals quite often. Hawkins never kicks the goal after the siren vs Hawks without the Selwood overhead mark. Hopefully Knevitt can be valuable in the same way for us with that mark of his.

Yep! But Mitch has a way to go. Doubt he'd have got the ones game time he has if it wasn't for the injuries. He'll be a good player for us, but frankly think Dempsey has more upside.
Dempsey definitely has more upside. Whether it's realised is another matter entirely. But he has tricks that only a limited amount of players across the comp possess.

Having said that, some moments from Mitch against the Dogs were extremely promising. The finish for his goal was very classy indeed. And his efforts around the ball in the last quarter (when the game was on the line) were tremendous. Knows how to get it, and also how to win it back through committed tackling and competing. As a second-round pick from 2021, he seems to now be tracking very well to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back