Preview Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't thought Touhy was B22 all year... but that is with a full squad to pick from.

If he doesn't play tomorrow will that be 3 times missing now?
Likely late change in - but your point still valid in terms of pecking order at this time of year

I would like to see Mullin be a cooler on Anderson. I reckon he can run with him (not sure about the tank for whole game) and Anderson (and I am a big fan) doesn’t like the attention so would be good to take him out of the game
Yeah I was gonna say Anderson. I don't think Noah would've been tagged much in his career either

When you nail the meat tray but miscalculate the average age by a few weeks so can't brag 🤦‍♂️

Epilogue - we'd be younger than any of the sides fielded from last week sides listed and 3 months older than West Coast last week
You are going to be upset numbers wise when 2E is a late in…but you should just claim “named team” to prove you were right

Where did you get the historical data? I've just got whatever footywire puts up during the relevant round

Footywire shows it for all games - unfortunately it's shit on a phone as it doesn't show that info for past matches, but on the iPad/tablet or a computer it comes up

So this is from round 24 last year:
1715767478432.png

These are the sort of games real premiers grind out and get the job done.

If your system is good and holds up, you should be good enough to take away the points in a game like this.

Losing this one will hurt and undo all the incredible hard work the first seven weeks did.
Agree…

But I don’t think GC have lost in Darwin yet? And I think their strengths are the type of things we have issues with (ie. speed and strong midfield).

But I would think our defence should dominate and help springboard us forward

Lots of angst at Clark being in the team this week. Power had 5 on the board before he even started warming up on the boundary last week. We do need a whipping boy in here though 🙄

That spot is taken.
Despite Scotty's pre game interview being a HUGE rap for Parfitt, and rightly so.
Queue twisted knickers for a bit longer it seems.

Maybe but no Duncan, Danger, Touhy, Hawk & Jez means we lack a lot of leadership/ experience on field.
Stewart, CGuthrie, Blic, future skipper ZGuthrie, Rohan, Kolo, Parfitt, Atkins, Miers- plenty of leadership and experience from my pov.

Lots of angst at Clark being in the team this week. Power had 5 on the board before he even started warming up on the boundary last week. We do need a whipping boy in here though 🙄

If it were up to this board you'd have an endless rotation of kids coming in for 1-2 games then being turfed at the first sign of a poor game and replaced by the next bloke that showed a bit in the VFL.

Every game it's "Scott won't play the kids" and melts at the in vogue VFL player not getting picked. Then when he backs in a genuine kid for multiple games who shows glimpses of real quality it's "must be good with the car wash that bloke".

Remember Kolo, both Guthries, Miers, O'Connor, Blicavs, etc were all in the "must be Chris Scott's favourite it's the only explanation for him not getting dropped" club for a while. They seemed to work out ok. I reckon Clark will be the best of the lot.

Remember Kolo, both Guthries, Miers, O'Connor, Blicavs, etc were all in the "must be Chris Scott's favourite it's the only explanation for him not getting dropped" club for a while. They seemed to work out ok. I reckon Clark will be the best of the lot.
A lot of those were Uncle Partridge though so grain of salt...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 changes is a lot but some fresh legs up there will be useful:

Out: Cameron, Stanley, Hawkins, Duncan, Clark
In: Neale, Conway, Tuohy, Bowes, Bruhn

FB: J.Henry SDK Z.Guthrie
HB: Stewart Kolo Holmes

C: Dempsey Bruhn Blicavs
FOL: Conway Bowes C.Guthrie

HF: Close O.Henry Miers
FF: Rohan Neale Stengle

IC: Atkins Parfitt Tuohy Mullin MOC(sub)

I want to squeeze Mannagh in but I feel like resting Duncan, along with 3 other veterans, will have them prioritising Tuohy as a utility option. Tuohy can shift to the backline if we roll Mullin through the guts (maybe on Rowell?), otherwise he can play on the wing (as would MOC from sub). By the same token I'd be happy for Mannagh to come in and some other shuffling of the team be undertaken.

Blicavs as support ruck when he's not on the wing.

It would be quite a young line up by our standards but 3 of the veterans being rested seems automatic and Duncan is 50/50.
I thought I'd nailed the meat tray, but it would require Clark to be a late out for Tuohy.

If they keep Clark in, my guess is Bowes plays half back more in the Duncan role.

Ok BF historians. Surely we have never had changes where we have a net 908 games out!! Wow

Out 1079 games. In 171

Maybe Round 24 last year? But that was dead rubber. But over 1000 games out is pretty extrodinary

EDIT

In fact if you look at the entire 23 named we have 2239 games expereince. Vs the 4 OUTS of 1079. So basically the outs have 50% of the entire team experience. WOW

Last edited:
Ok BF historians. Surely we have never had changes where we have a net 1008 games out!! Wow

Out 1079 games. In 171

Maybe Round 24 last year? But that was dead rubber. But over 1000 games net changes out is pretty extrodinary

EDIT

In fact if you look at the entire 23 named we have 2239 games expereince. Vs the 4 OUTS of 1079. So basically the outs have 50% of the entire team experience. WOW
908 games this week comes close ;)

Conway v Moyle shall be interesting viewing.

Clark sub or a late out for Touhy?

Conway and Moyle are former teammates. They both rucked in the Academy games against VFL sides. Moyle was 1st ruck, Conway 2nd and I think Moyle got drafted mid-season that year. Will be an interesting battle.

Their mids could get on top of ours... But the rest of the field we have them covered.

More confident this week than the past two tbh.
At any other place than Darwin I would be very very confident (despite some nerves around the MF) but in Darwin…not so much…remembering they beat us in GC this time last year in round 3 when we were coming off a flag with 18 premiership (very recent) players in the team. (Tomorrow we have 14 players from the 2022 flag)

But I am still hopeful

Their mids could get on top of ours... But the rest of the field we have them covered.

More confident this week than the past two tbh.
Serious? You're more confident on this game than you were against a mid table team that had not beaten us at home for 17 years?

Agree…

But I don’t think GC have lost in Darwin yet? And I think their strengths are the type of things we have issues with (ie. speed and strong midfield).

But I would think our defence should dominate and help springboard us forward
Who actually does have a worse midfield than geelong??? West coast??? Even north melbournes probably gets the nod with LDU and Simpkin.

Our best hope most games is to go defensive at centre bounces, lock it up until the 6-6-6 is broken and set up from there around the ball.

The game was lost out of first and 2nd quarter center bounces last week. It was like watching a afl midfield Vs a VFL midfield with how bad it was.

It wasn’t just the numbers but more so the quality of the clearances they got. Walked it in like they were carrying a picnic basket.

I’m actually not a stats stickler. I think stats tell you very little. It’s all about impact and quality of defense or transition that is the real result determinant.

Our defensive capabilities were terrible around the ball last week in that first half.

I do believe the htb interpretations are hurting sides like us and GWS. The AFL seems to be trying to discourage defensive antics around the ball and wants to heavily reward the player winning it. Regardless of the actual rules.

Does pace hurt us?? I am not sure of that. I don’t think we are a slow side. We have a few zippy players and those who like to run all day. I don’t classify us slow… we probably have a lack of speed in our back half, but honestly most teams don’t seem to prioritize speed in the back half as opposed to interceptors and strong bodies in contests.

You have a player or two who is used to slingshot, but overall defensive speed doesn’t seem to be prioritized in comparison to offensive speed.

Feel like a late change is on here. I can't believe Tuohy wouldn't be picked given our outs. I reckon there are 2-3 in doubt and Tuohy will come in for one of them but they don't know which one yet.

Tuohy shouldnt be back in but with duncan out i wouldnt be surprised if hes a late in.

i dont think blitz is fully fit but he has to play this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back