If the VFL/AFL greatest team of all time, was selected today, who is in, and who is out of the team of the century

Remove this Banner Ad

Best field kick the game has seen? Pfft, ok.

I can see the argument for Buckley but he's simply not the best field kick the game has seen.

I'd probably have him in that team instead of someone like KB though.

Name a better field kick than him then. Range, depth, accuracy, difficulty rating, speed on ball, retention % etc.
Buckley was laser pin point even in congestion both him or the target.
Beautiful running goal from 50m kick too.

Name a better field kick than him then. Range, depth, accuracy, difficulty rating, speed on ball, retention % etc.

Darren Jarman.

And it's not even close.

Not sure about Gawn for Farmer, its tough to look back and recall how good some of the old payers were, agree on jnr for snr.
Very true. I do think there's a bit of "rose coloured glasses" when we talk of older statesmen of the game. Most people including them in their lists never even saw them play.

I think it's worth considering AFL is now in a professional era, it is a greater competition and a national one too. Farmer played 60 odd games in the strongest (VFL) league. Max is closing in on two hundred games in the AFL and 6 times has won AA honours. That's more than half a decade he's been the best player in his position.

Only competition for Max Gawn IMO is Dean Cox. I prefer Max Gawn but Cox was incredible too.

It's about as good as your pathetically veiled attempt to push your silly view on Dustin Martin. Great player, sure. But GOAT, you're taking the piss mate. :D

Obvious agenda is obvious.
Possibly one of the best finals players ever if not the goat in that area, he's not the goat overall but should be easily in this team if you remove Richmond bias, a Brownlow and 3 Norm Smiths in 3 flag years is something no one else has achieved in the game and his 2017 season is right up there with the best ever.

Possibly one of the best finals players ever if not the goat in that area, he's not the goat overall but should be easily in this team if you remove Richmond bias, a Brownlow and 3 Norm Smiths in 3 flag years is something no one else has achieved in the game and his 2017 season is right up there with the best ever.

Magnificent finals player without question.

It's about as good as your pathetically veiled attempt to push your silly view on Dustin Martin. Great player, sure. But GOAT, you're taking the piss mate. :D

Obvious agenda is obvious.

Pls leave the thread if you don’t like it.

and my view on dusty is not veiled at all

like i said move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes guilty as charged

Still here i see, please stay, your Contributions have been groundbreaking

Stalker

You’d prefer this to be a Dustin Martin circle jerk?

Really belongs on the Richmond board In that case.

Obvious agenda is obvious.😂

Very true. I do think there's a bit of "rose coloured glasses" when we talk of older statesmen of the game. Most people including them in their lists never even saw them play.

I think it's worth considering AFL is now in a professional era, it is a greater competition and a national one too. Farmer played 60 odd games in the strongest (VFL) league. Max is closing in on two hundred games in the AFL and 6 times has won AA honours. That's more than half a decade he's been the best player in his position.

Only competition for Max Gawn IMO is Dean Cox. I prefer Max Gawn but Cox was incredible too.

Farmer played 101 games for Geelong.

There might be rose coloured glasses when talking about legends of the past, but there also is about the present.

Farmer played 101 games for Geelong.
My bad- he coached 60 odd games.

There might be rose coloured glasses when talking about legends of the past, but there also is about the present.
At least now we can watch each and every game played. We're not going on chinese whispers and newspaper articles.

Yep and quite frankly without Buckley, Collingwood would have got another couple more wooden spoons during the dark era. No way Rocca would have kicked 3.3 goals per game for Collingwood either. Buckley was also a fantastic overhead mark. Dynamite on his left foot too. Could control depth, speed, range just as well as his right. Jarman had neither the same speed nor range as Buckley.

(As soon as you mentioned beautiful running goalkicker from 50m I couldn’t help but think of that goal from the boundary in the 2002 GF :-(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back