Who is the best Key Forward of the 21st Century?

Who is the best Key Forward of the 21st Century?

• Lance Franklin

Votes: 99 85.3%
  • Tom Hawkins

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Matthew Lloyd

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Nick Riewoldt

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Barry Hall

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Warren Tredrea

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It really isn't. 2000 was the 2000th year. Making it the last year of the twentieth century.
2001 is the first year of the new century, like round 1 is the first round of the new season. We dont have a round zero. That would be nonsense.
I wouldn't use that as an example. It's as simple as a century is 100 years, and there's no year 0 with The Gregorian Calendar we use, Anno Domini begins with the year 1 and then you count to the end of 100 to get that 1st century, and then the next century begins with 101 and ends with the end of 200. The pattern continues like that up until the current 21st century that begins with 2001 and ends at the end of 2100, then the 22nd century starts in 2101 and so on. :laughing:

Charlie Curnow

Will have 5 Coleman's (at least) plus a premiership medal or two by the time his career is done.

Right now Buddy.

Matthew Pavlich kicked 700 goals from 353 games .

If us dockers fans wanna be trolling, dockers fans would say that Kepler Bradley is a bombers and dockers legend lol
Should certainly in the poll & part of the discussion... well ahead of Barry Hall for starters.

But Buddy the best for mine.

So which decade had only 9 years?

Hint: there was no year 0. The very 1st decade AD was 1 AD to 10 AD.

All decades, centuries and millennia start with a 1.
I'm not sure who told you all decades start with 1, they can begin with 10 different numbers. And if you mean the beginning of a decade ends with a 1 that is still wrong, too, since there's only 2 that resemble The Gregorian "decades" that lasted for 9 years, 1AD to 9AD, and 9BC to 1BC. Every other decade number ends with a 0. The Gregorian Calendar uses the 0-to-9 decade method, even when there's no year 0, so that means it has to be 1AD to 9AD. They're not true decades, though. 0s - Wikipedia

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should certainly in the poll & part of the discussion... well ahead of Barry Hall for starters.

But Buddy the best for mine.
you can even make an Argument of Taylor Walkers 612 goals and 260 games edges out Warren Treadreas 549 goals from 255 games.

It's obviously Franklin.

But also...

6afae416d4bcb6727c716f9820af6cad

Fevolva kicked more goals from less games than either of these plodders.
Brendan Fevola kicked 623 goals and 402 behinds from only 204 games.

Not bad. His Off field problems hurt his career though.

And yes I was gutted when he was stuck on 99 goals in that 2008 season. That was a legit push in the back vs the hawks.

Brendan Fevola kicked 623 goals and 402 behinds from only 204 games.

Not bad. His Off field problems hurt his career though.

And yes I was gutted when he was stuck on 99 goals in that 2008 season. That was a legit push in the back vs the hawks.
Just think… if the Blues had manufactured a way to get Fev another goal that season, Fevola would be the last player to have kicked the ton.

A question that no-one was asking because the answer is so obvious.

Also the criteria appears cherry-picked to exclude the guy who, if included on the list, would have the third most goals, second most goals this century (238 goals more than Tredrea) and second most Coleman medals, but only three AAs (after not being selected one year when he won the Coleman Medal).

Or the guy with 700 goals (151 more than Tredrea) and six AAs, including three selections at HF or FF.

It's almost like the OP is trolling.
His book is s**t though

Back