Vent 2023 Vents & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading Ziebell out was a huge mistake.

Hall is out of the side already.

Waste of a trade.

I traded both North boys last week for Sinclair and Gull.

All those precious extra points in the horror bye, plus I still think there's a strong chance they'll average more over the rest of the season if Horse doesn't Horse us.

Too early to say it's a "waste" yet, IMO, may well work out a masterstroke if the North boys' form goes to pot late in the game and the holders are stuck with no way to get rid of them by that stage.

Not too bad, he's gone down like 120k, could go down a bit more this week. He's lost as much as say Cincotta has gained
For those of us with low trades, it's a big problem. Free premo, save trades for the future.

Could be a case to roughie back in. He’ll be cheap.
Yep. Post bye, just under $500k, he's a solid D6/F6 option.

I traded both North boys last week for Sinclair and Gull.

All those precious extra points in the horror bye, plus I still think there's a strong chance they'll average more over the rest of the season if Horse doesn't Horse us.

Too early to say yet, IMO, may well work out a masterstroke if the North boys' form goes to pot late in the game and the holders are stuck with no way to get rid of them by that stage.
Hall just got dropped. Clearly Ziebell is the main guy down back, and with Wardlaw and Phillips coming on in the middle, and Thomas in up forward, Sheezel will play down back.

I can see 120 from Zieb and 110 from Sheez from here on.

Hall just got dropped. Clearly Ziebell is the main guy down back, and with Wardlaw and Phillips coming on in the middle, and Thomas in up forward, Sheezel will play down back.

I can see 120 from Zieb and 110 from Sheez from here on.

Quite possibly, but we are talking a vet who has looked proppy at times over recent weeks and a kid in his first season. At a club which gains nothing from overly taxing the bodies of either in the run home.

My decision making process last week figured there has to be a fairly sizeable element of risk in relying on either, let alone both to carry through knocking out 100+ every game until the end of year.

Carlton winning the flag is more likely than Ziebell playing every game on the run home IMO. Not fussed by them dropping Hall, better dealing with Ziebell last week and getting an extra bye score, rather than holding him until later in the year when he gets rested/rotated out of the side as North experiments.

At his age with that role, his value to North's rebuild is absolutely minimal. Now that North are getting healthier, can absolutely see them playing Ziebell one week and Hall the next. With trades running out/being scarce at the end of the year, getting stuck with him could be disastrous.

Traded Sheez and Ziebell last week, so of course Hall gets omitted this week.

Got Lloyd who was overall D6 at the time and now playing on the wing and Himmelberg who was set to "settle in defence" which has already been backflipped on.

Disaster.

Not too bad, he's gone down like 120k, could go down a bit more this week. He's lost as much as say Cincotta has gained

I'm Roughying the kent back in, * it!

I'll just Roughy the kent back in if I have to.

I should never have gotten rid of the Sheeze, back to his seagulling best today.
Yep I made that mistake too! Traded him for Fyfe last week, enabled me to get Neale in last week though so not a bad result.

Annoyed that most weeks I’m on track for a decent score and then I come in 50-80 points under due to poor DE, role change or a premo bed 💩 whilst someone like Bont and English who I don’t have goes tropical.

Why the f would they tag macrae while Bont gets a free pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traded Sheez and Ziebell last week, so of course Hall gets omitted this week.

Got Lloyd who was overall D6 at the time and now playing on the wing and Himmelberg who was set to "settle in defence" which has already been backflipped on.

Disaster.
Didn’t Himmelberg play the full game down back?!?

Bloody Piggy. I d be top 100 if i had ve followed the crowd and just traded him to a Butters or Petracca type.

I'm slowly getting roasted.

pig roast eating GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

Rotten luck, evo, having such a good year spoiled by that flip of the coin, no doubt it's trashed quite a few high rankings. Didn't do much for my lowly one either! Hope the carnage angle falls your way and that saved trade ends up just as crucial in the end.

On the plus side, the girl with the basting brush appears both kindly and thorough...with no indications of her reaching for the fork anytime soon. ;)

Just want to vent my 1st game cluster f**k trades this year -

1. Darcy Cameron injured 1st game
2. T.Miller, injured 1st game & captain score of 40
3. J.Steel, injures knee 1st game & continues to play next rds
4. C.Oliver, gets injured the 1st game for the first time ever
5. J. Sicily gets suspended after 1st game for the stupidest report ever.

Not to mention the plethora of rookie cluster f**ks who got injured or dropped after bringing them in.

I'm sure there are players with longer list of 1st game trade in disasters so feel free to vent.

Last edited:
View attachment 1722640
Traded Ridley out in Rd 9 when he was concussed…. to Oliver who went on and lasted two games

Ridley’s avg went from 78.8 to 94.5

I regret not trading him in when he was 414k. I thought about it but I started him in fantasy and he was crap so didn't really want to go there again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back