Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/369

After a carnage filled week, I’ve had a nice start. Annoyingly lockout happened about half a second after I clicked Bont as VC and it didn’t register.

But after the Titch news and some DPP shuffling I brought in Florent as a YOLO trade and he goes and drops a ton, how good. Much better than probably taking a score from a rookie trade in

Last edited:
Intriguing.

Swans look set to target English with a better runner in Hayden (Hickey omitted) to perhaps limit English more around the ground (my take anyway). They are already targeting Bont with Parker/Mills. So maybe they have targeting mentality tonight.

Why wouldn't you consider Xerri - no Goldy named. Granted Hawks can be hard to ruck against, but Xerri is more than average and more cash to splash instead slow old Soldo. But, that's merely observation - I can't give advice from down were I sit with TED.

English continues the run of rucks smashing non-preferred rucks with a cool 140. :fire:

Bont was my other option, but can only afford one big dog premo inclusion on a given week. Will have to target him next week or in weeks to come, but at least I have a few maxed out players to cash in to afford it at least. 🙏

Would love Xerri, but I can't afford him - he is $121k more expensive than Soldo and only have $9k left over after the trade in of English.

I guess the upside with Soldo is he gets 3 guaranteed games as #1 ruck with Nanks suspension, and then flip him to a genuine premo.

English continues the run of rucks smashing non-preferred rucks with a cool 140. :fire:

Bont was my other option, but can only afford one big dog premo inclusion on a given week. Will have to target him next week or in weeks to come, but at least I have a few maxed out players to cash in to afford it at least. 🙏

Would love Xerri, but I can't afford him - he is $121k more expensive than Soldo and only have $9k left over after the trade in of English.

I guess the upside with Soldo is he gets 3 guaranteed games as #1 ruck with Nanks suspension, and then flip him to a genuine premo.
I’ll probably grab Soldo next week for Jackson for a cash grab and upgrade Sheldrick

Stuffed up my on field structure a bit by having my only MID/FWD on field option in the mids as Jack Macrae. Makes it very difficult to move on Darcy Cameron which initially was the plan.

Looks like its Young to Sicily, and playing Cooper Harvey on field for D.Cameron (Chesser emg down back for Day if needed)

Just hold MJ at M8 for another week (or two at this rate - cant believe i was going to "rookie free" a month ago)

Serong>Steele
Redman to either L.Ryan or Touk
With titch out had to change..

Serong>Steele
Titch>Sic

Redman lives another day

Need some help here.

Got 2 bullets in Serong and DCam, both gotta go.

Option 1:

Serong & DCam for Sicily & Himmelberg

Option 2:

Serong & DCam for Cogs & Steele

Which one do you prefer, was leaning option 1 all week (have been locked in on Sicily for weeks) but not sold on the Himmelberg play. I only have 750k left after doing Serong to Sicily move and need a forward. Option 2 just appears safer to me.

Need some help here.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Which one do you prefer, was leaning option 1 all week (have been locked in on Sicily for weeks) but not sold on the Himmelberg play. I only have 750k left after doing Serong to Sicily move and need a forward. Option 2 just appears safer to me.
I'd be very much option 2 - as I think Sic will get some attention from Ford this week/have to play taller with Blanck out.

Steele and Cogs are 2 very solid ins, IMO.

I'd be very much option 2 - as I think Sic will get some attention from Ford this week/have to play taller with Blanck out.

Steele and Cogs are 2 very solid ins, IMO.
Yeah I figured, it's kinda boring but might just do it. Hoping for a down Sicily game then.

Then next week will be targeting Doch, Sic or Parish then get Dunkley the week after.

Need some help here.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Dylan Moore is $714k and unowned in the top 1k, let alone up in the spots you're mucking around.

His next 3 are Norf, Rich and St Kilda.

Went 132 against Norf and 126 against St Kilda earlier in the year.

While option 2 may appear safer....most of the top 10 will be going across to Sicily this week you would think. I'd rather match them there given Sicily's ceiling. Even if he only tons, you have to find another $30 odd k for him next week.

*Disclaimer: Don't allow me to wreck your season.

Attachments

• 1689264508730.png
    1689264508730.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Bring in Sicily or a cheaper L Ryan shaped option ???
That's a tough call I reckon. I've been on the Sicily train this week as his price will go up so I feel I need to get on now or I risk not being able to get him. But Ryan is without Young and Cox this week, has been a top 6 defender all season and doesn't look like moving from there (even though none of us really have him as top 6), and being $80k cheaper, he opens more options.

I've just had a play with this option myself. Luke Jackson HAS to go and ideally Bailey Humphrey would as well however I now have a Darcy Cameron sized hole on my bench. If I trade Jackson/Cameron for Sicily, I can afford LDU, who is on my watch list but I'd like another week. If I go with Ryan, I can get Steele

I think it has to fit in with how you see your team shaping up over the next 2-3 weeks. Sicily should average a ton from here but it'll be a rollercoaster ride to the finish. Luke Ryan on the other hand is unlikely to get suspended. Or even do anything memorable to remind you he exists.

Of all the weeks Titch gets "managed", it's when I've already got Dunks, Warner and Sheldrick injured and Serong suspended. FFS.

I can't avoid a donut now, unless Maric plays, which is only slightly better than a donut.

At least having the VC on Bont is some consolation.

EDIT: Nope, can't even get Maric on. Needed to move Shelly forward before he played. Bugger.

EDIT 2: Got him on via Utility magic, but now need Harrison or Sinn to be confirmed out to loop Bont VC.

Last edited:
That's a tough call I reckon. I've been on the Sicily train this week as his price will go up so I feel I need to get on now or I risk not being able to get him. But Ryan is without Young and Cox this week, has been a top 6 defender all season and doesn't look like moving from there (even though none of us really have him as top 6), and being $80k cheaper, he opens more options.

I've just had a play with this option myself. Luke Jackson HAS to go and ideally Bailey Humphrey would as well however I now have a Darcy Cameron sized hole on my bench. If I trade Jackson/Cameron for Sicily, I can afford LDU, who is on my watch list but I'd like another week. If I go with Ryan, I can get Steele

I think it has to fit in with how you see your team shaping up over the next 2-3 weeks. Sicily should average a ton from here but it'll be a rollercoaster ride to the finish. Luke Ryan on the other hand is unlikely to get suspended. Or even do anything memorable to remind you he exists.
One thing with Ryan though is that his scoring is a lottery and inconsistent. One week he’ll drop a 175, another week an 80. He has the perfect setup to score this week so watch him drop an 80 lol

I’ve gone with Duggan as he’s been more consistent. He’s only dropped below the ton twice since round 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a good effort by English - he was slowed in the 2nd qtr, but that wasn't enough to affect him overall. Looks like Sydney's ruck plan failed somewhat, but they still won. They probs will take that:think:

The Bont plan must have been a fail too (didn't watch the 2nd half) as he still racked up handsomely, and neither Mills or Parker went big, but maybe it was more about effectiveness.

Xerri is no certainty of course, but he does offer value - Hawks rucks have subdued many rucks this season, while not going big themselves. English interestingly has developed a 'great one week' and 'under par the next' pattern. You got him on the good week. Well done!

One thing with Ryan though is that his scoring is a lottery and inconsistent. One week he’ll drop a 175, another week an 80. He has the perfect setup to score this week so watch him drop an 80 lol

I’ve gone with Duggan as he’s been more consistent. He’s only dropped below the ton twice since round 9.
I've looked at Sicily and Ryan in terms of you don't know what you're going to get each week but when the season is done they'll be top 6. I have no doubt that Sicily will drop an 80 and a 140 before the season is out but that's an average of 110 so I'll take it.

I don't mind the Duggan call. He's been quietly pushed into the midfield and is basically the experienced head every time Shuey and Yeo go down.

I've looked at Sicily and Ryan in terms of you don't know what you're going to get each week but when the season is done they'll be top 6. I have no doubt that Sicily will drop an 80 and a 140 before the season is out but that's an average of 110 so I'll take it.

I don't mind the Duggan call. He's been quietly pushed into the midfield and is basically the experienced head every time Shuey and Yeo go down.
I actually started with Duggan but booted him two rounds in to get Naicos in haha

Hobbs and Day into Sicily and Parish this week. Briggs to English next and Johnson to Dunks the following.

What could go wrong...? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Saturday Night Live

That gif is me after deciding to fade English again this week, despite everything pointing toward him having a great matchup...

Where is this source saying Day might be out? Need to know before tomorrow and trade him out instead of Johnson.

Roy from the Traders seems to think that Tom Green could be in doubt.

When it rains it pours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back