Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1734743

jizz in my pants GIF

Ignore Briggs/Sheez/Day....
Change of plans, holding Ashcroft another week and upgrading Sheldrick to Mills (onlly player I could afford). No doubt Steele going 150 now.

Could trade Ashcroft out, but would have to field one of Hewett/Maric :sick:. Could trade out Serong, but effectively cost 2 trades getting him back in. And would take another week to complete my team.

For me: Defence pretty much the same, though I'm eyeing off Stewart out for next week at the Gabba if I'm in a position to do that. Think he is borderline 6th best def at present, but arguably Luke Ryan is ahead of him now with Young out for a few weeks. The top 5 defs are set, everyone is going to want all of them and two of them are basically full-time guns mids now.

Mids - Think there is potential for real variation here which makes things very interesting. We don't have an absolute standout #1 mid like in previous years, and only 2 pure mids are averaging over 110 for the season - Bont and Merrett (plus Clarry who's injured). The rest there is a genuine debate to be had over who scores most from here. e.g. Laird on 33 at half-time last week didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Rucks - yep, set and forget

Fwds - TT, Gulden, Rozee clear top 3 then Dunks in there too when he's back. The last two spots are debatable - Butters had a mid-year purple patch but is prone to quiet weeks, and Keays is spending a lot of time forward. I really rate Nick Martin and Caleb Daniel and no one has them. Bulldogs have a great fixture coming up so Macrae should be right up there too.
Hard to say who the next best forwards are after the main 4. Butters had a couple quiet games recently but it was off the back of a 6 week block averaging 121. Inclined to stick with him over Macrae and Daniel just purely on the more locked role. Cogs the other one in that group obviously and Nic Martin could outscore them all but also most prone to dropping a stinker

Keays is the one that could either be right there if he gets back in the middle or trade bait pretty soon if not. Suspect he’ll be back in the middle this week the way they got beaten up by Ess with Schoenberg and Pedlar in there

Cameron>Mills
Lloyd>Sicily

Holding Serong and having to play Windhager and Johnson on field. At least I don't have to make a choice between them

Pfft, amateur !!

I have MJ and Windhager, plus either Harvey/Williams AND either Hewett/Fletcher….

I’m dropping to last this week….

Just hold MJ at M8 for another week (or two at this rate - cant believe i was going to "rookie free" a month ago)

Serong>Steele
Redman to either L.Ryan or Touk

Pfft, amateur !!

I have MJ and Windhager, plus either Harvey/Williams AND either Hewett/Fletcher….

I’m dropping to last this week….
2nd last - I'm still here!

DC to Eli Hewett
M Johnson to Sicily

next week Sheldrick and Wardlaw to probably cogs/butters

Is Serong a must trade?

Going Serong to Steele and Cameron to Sicily banks me 100k and only fielding Ashcroft and Johnson/Windhager as rookies. Should I bother trying to hold him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Serong a must trade?

Going Serong to Steele and Cameron to Sicily banks me 100k and only fielding Ashcroft and Johnson/Windhager as rookies. Should I bother trying to hold him?
I've done something along similar lines, albeit none of my trades were injury forced .....can't hold Serong, unless your bench is strong

Looking forward to teams dropping tonight and ending up with Sicily & Soldo.
What could go wrong with a $440k first ruck (assuming he's named as such)
Gonna be Briggs all over again. 😁

At the moment I've got Coniglio and Steele in for Dunkley and Cameron. But... Sicily and that B.E.. urgh.

Welcome to my starting line-up Windhager. FFS. At least can use DC as a captain loop for Timmy, VC Dawson.

I'm holding him and my bench is Johnson and Windhager...that ain't strong but it'll have to do, haha.
Windhager has 2 x 70 scores the last 2 week .....so not bad reserve strength

Last edited:
In a dilemma this week.

Do i go

Cameron > Sicily
Sheldrick > $576k player or less for 1 week (Flanders?)

This trade doesn't really get me to Coniglio next week though.

or

Sheldrick > Sicily
Chesser to 200k rookie (Warner)

but field Maric for a week and trade Cameron next week for Coniglio.

Basically first trade most likely gets me more points onfield but can't get Coniglio next week.
Second is less points but better upgrade next week.

Easiest play this week is GCS defenders

If atkins keeps his role from last week with taking the kickouts and floating in defence, he'll def go 100+... something to consider
New coach, new constable

After some guidance lads and ladettes!

Was aiming to grab Sicily courtesy of Day this week, but DCam needs to be addressed and probably a blessing in disguise as I was tossing up bringing in English instead due to the nice matchup vs no first choice rucks at Sydney, so the SC Gods have directed me that way.

I have $158k in the bank. Sheldrick is OUT, so probably a good time to cull him as there is no word on his timeline for return.

Do I trade him to a Boomer Jnr (or trade in someone around the $400k and below), or swing Himmelberg back and trade in someone around the $400k and below in DEF?

Thanks legends!

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 5.35.59 pm.png

0 rookies but
D6 NWM
M8 LDU (New)
F6 Dusty (New)

cant decide between miller or mills so going ldu.

dusty or henry really i have to upgrade from sheldrick.

Bowes, Mills cheap enough next week to downgrade

0 rookies but
D6 NWM
M8 LDU (New)
F6 Dusty (New)

cant decide between miller or mills so going ldu.

dusty or henry really i have to upgrade from sheldrick.

Bowes, Mills cheap enough next week to downgrade
you worried about a Maginnes tag on LDU?

he tagged Jelly out of existence last week... and LDU seems the only player he can go to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back