Review Round 18 vs St. Kilda Saints @ The Bank - 15/07/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

expected more, guess few players are on their last chance

Good to see Hollands back. Shame about Weller.

The rest. Eh. Basically the same team we’ve been rolling out with the same few on the bench/sub/relegated for a game or two. The merry-go-round continues.

Would have liked to see lemmens in that back 6, probably in place of Ellis. Saints small forwards always trouble us.

Hollands HB? surely not
You would assume Long will take his spot there for most of the game. Maybe Powell (mostly) and Ellis/Atkins rotate back too.

I would have thought Hollands will play Fiorini’s old role as a wing/mid maybe.

i'd look to give Hollands the Sheezel role, get his confidence up, easiest spot to play. Doesnt have to be long term, just get his confidence up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it in the game chat last week, but how does Dave Swallow continue to get kissed on the dick with selection every week.

he's averaging 17 disposals and less than a goal a game. We're not a team of kids anymore. We don't need a 'big body' to protect the kids from the contest anymore. He's not contributing anything in the midfield and he's contributing even less up forward.

I love Dave but he doesn't just deserve automatic selection in the team, he should be having to earn it and as of right now, in my opinion, he hasn't.

Hollands played as HB in VFL before.
How'd he go in HB at the VFL level?

I'm fairly sure we'll see Hollands on the wing at some point on Saturday arvo even if he does start at HB. Hopefully whatever seemed to be holding him back under Dew is no longer present with King and we get to see the best of Hollands from now onwards. If Elijah plays well then there's going to be plenty of questions asked.

Elijah is a forward/mid not a winger or a HBF, playing him in those positions is disservice to the team and himself.
I do agree, but it's a real weakness in our side and maybe they thought he was talented enough to adapt to the position. Watching the swans last night gulden was so damaging with that leg into the forward 50. The good players will adapt to whatever position they are needed in, I watched wines play wing for port last week which you wouldn't think he was suited to. I think hollands ends up a good player who can play multiple positions, some players just take a bit longer to mature.

Touk switched guernsey :p

347583073_736492765153794_7883511608521056093_n.jpg

Got a feeling we might do a job on the Saints and beat them by a decent margin tomorrow. They are very vulnerable and all our boys should be keen to impress under a new coach. I'm not the only one thinking this either. Our odds have shortened even more to $1.56.

Excuse the intrusion, but we’ll take him AND the jumper thanks.
You'll excuse the instrusion when we tell you to sit and rotate

With all due respect of course, Good luck today (But not too much, naturally)

Couple of things I took from kings presser. He said he has a couple ideas that he thinks he can add but not this week, this week is about getting everyone head back in the right space and enjoying the game. I think this is a big reason teams are successful after a coach sacking, players over time get their heads filled with doubts on top of being filled with all team rules and set-ups. To be able to go out and enjoy what they are obviously good at and enjoy it for what it is can sometimes bring out the best in them. He was also very quick to shut down the suggestion of this being an important win for the chance of making finals. Again eases the pressure, I'm sure if dew was still there he would have been banging on about our mathematical chance and our best footy is good enough.
Anyway looking forward to being a spectator without the pressure also and hopefully we see some good footy to get us excited for the near future.

Feeling a bit more confident for today purely because Higgins is out so can’t tear us a new one for a change.

Would like to see Long play a Rankine role on Gresham/Butler/ whichever small decides it’s their turn to destroy us. Don’t care if he gets a kick, just shut them down please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back