Review Round 15 vs Hawthorn Hawks @ The Bank - 25/06/23 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1712903

Truth be told, I have nothing funny to say because I wrote this on Wednesday night and have no idea which Suns turned up tonight.

If things go badly can we please just talk about how there hasn't been a good Tony Hawk game in ages?

Cheers
I just wanted to open with Tony Hawk Pro skater 2 was the best and had the best soundtrack…
Secondly… hawks to win

Hawks coming off the bye, Suns = Win
If the bye curse is real then you'd expect Hawthorn to be a bit off next week. Also unclear at this stage if Sicily will play. We'll find out tomorrow.

Hard to be positive right now but we've been pretty good at Heritage this year so I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Flanders had 44 touches and 2 goals in the VFL today so I think he has to come back into the team. Ellis had 37 and 2 goals while Hollands had 34 disposals. I'd be tempted to bring all three into the team after the way our midfield played today.

Probably too early to bring back Budarick but he had 12 touches today as well.

If the bye curse is real then you'd expect Hawthorn to be a bit off next week. Also unclear at this stage if Sicily will play. We'll find out tomorrow.

Hard to be positive right now but we've been pretty good at Heritage this year so I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Flanders had 44 touches and 2 goals in the VFL today so I think he has to come back into the team. Ellis had 37 and 2 goals while Hollands had 34 disposals. I'd be tempted to bring all three into the team after the way our midfield played today.

Probably too early to bring back Budarick but he had 12 touches today as well.
Are you dropping Anderson and Rowell who were horrible? Just kidding. You would have to drop all players after today.

Are you dropping Anderson and Rowell who were horrible? Just kidding. You would have to drop all players after today.
Not sure who would go out right now but I think at a minimum you have to reward Flanders' 44 disposals and 2 goals in the VFL.

Not sure who would go out right now but I think at a minimum you have to reward Flanders' 44 disposals and 2 goals in the VFL.
I did not watch VFL game yet but yes, Flanders numbers are impressive including tackles (7), clearances (13).

I would expect a couple of changes. Maybe it could be Flanders, Ellis, Lemmens in.

Watched the game, Flanders, Ellis & Hollands all deserving of their shot. But we know how Dew works 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to make some changes. Don’t go too crazy, but 2-3 ins could make a difference after what we just did today against the blues.

Our midfielders need a good hard look at themselves. The game was lost there and we were well and truely beaten from 2nd quarter onwards. We just can’t do anything if the midfield loses, unfortunately. We’re a clearance/stoppage scoring team.

Players like Flanders, Ellis or Hollands need to be under consideration. Lemmens too, maybe. We also desperately need another small forward who can do something.

I’d imagine that Berry is out. Maybe Rosas (I’d drop him purely off that one diabolical inside 50 alone) or Davies too. Andrew another possibility.

Being at the game I'd have thought Davies would be stiff to be dropped. Was probably the one midfielder who both had a crack and really flew the flag in that second quarter when basically the whole lot of them went to water.

Also thought Andrew looked a lot better live than what it must have looked on the TV. You basically need to give the whole backline a mulligan after that given the 0 pressure being applied to balls coming in.

God Witts looked frightful. Hope that was a one off. Bizarre.

Although Ellis has frustrated me with his sift efforts this year and Flanders never seems to impress at the top level I think you have to reward the form. Those 2 for berry and Davies. Lemmens was playing pretty well before the hammy and seems the best match up for breust, he probably comes in for one of Andrew, long or atkins depending on match ups.

Looks like we're going to find out pretty soon if Sicily is eligible to play in this game. Here's hoping this one falls our way because I think Hawthorn are a much better team with Sicily than they are without.

In- Lemmens, Ellis, Hollands, Flanders
Out- Andrew, Jeffery, Rosas, Sexton

B- Macpherson Collins Lemmens
HB- Powell Ballard Long
C- Ellis Rowell Atkins
HF- Hollands Lukosious Humphrey
F- Ainsworth King Holman
FOLL- Witts Anderson Flanders
I/C- Casboult, Swallow, Fiorini, Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back