Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1681323955725.png

EjJyHDEXkAAop0Z.jpg:large

[Note from Wednesday Night BRM to Friday Night BRM]
If things go pears - Weld the door shut on the dungeon and enjoy your weekend you miserable yet resilient sod.

Last edited:

I’ll only go because my membership is paid, and I might of calmed down by then. But I’m gonna tone down my support for this club, I can’t keep caring more then them…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's see how North go against Brisbane tomorrow. They might be struggling just as much as we are for form.

One can only hope.

Farrar < long
Witts< Moyle
Casboult < Andrew
I actually wasn't that down on Andrew this week compared to others, did some nice things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll only go because my membership is paid, and I might of calmed down by then. But I’m gonna tone down my support for this club, I can’t keep caring more then them…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very fair.
I can't go to the games, but $^$%$# it, I am doubling down!

Will be wearing my Suns gear the rest of the weekend.

The rest of the AFL teams can get stuffed. How easy do they get it? A couple of years of struggle and back into finals contention. Pffft. Nothing. Silver Spoon Supporters.

Now we are pretty much ruled out of finals and would take a statistical anomaly to change that, what are we hoping to get out of this game and the rest of the season?

I have been delusional. Every preseason I lie to myself and fill myself with hope for the season. I have high expectations every year.
Now, like every season, reality has hit, and I'm left deflated.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Suns doing s**t
North got no fans on the GC
Same time as titans and dolphins
Probably lucky to get over 6k

Now we are pretty much ruled out of finals and would take a statistical anomaly to change that, what are we hoping to get out of this game and the rest of the season?
All I want is the team playing a good footy like in the first half and convert. And I want Witts back! And Luko kicking it again from 70m. And I want more 🐻🐻🐻

I am also looking forward to having Buffalo wings with chips, hot dog, meat pie, beer, beer, ...

Last edited:
Strangely enough, if we get the W against the Roos then we'll find ourselves in the same situation we were in last year when we started the season with 2 wins in the first 6 rounds and then went on a run shortly after that included 5 wins in 6 games which reignited our season and kept the finals dream alive. I'd imagine what we did last year would be considered a statistical anomaly but I will add 3 of our next 4 opponents do seem to be struggling as well - North, Richmond and West Coast - and the only fixture in the next month that looks really difficult on paper is the Demons in round 8. So basically we're just hoping Stuey can get the boys rolling like he did last year and we string a few wins together against struggling opposition to reignite our season like last year.

To answer your question, I want to see the boys kick straight when lining up for goal and play consistent footy for 4 quarters. I firmly believe that has cost us 2 wins this year and the lack of composure / hunger to win in the 4th quarter is alarming. People can call me stupid but I still believe we can turn this around when you consider the opposition we face over the next month. Adelaide have shown what can happen when you get a few wins / build some momentum and your players begin to believe they can play at a high level. We just need to get over the line in a few games and things can turn very quickly.

Anyway. I'll be watching the North v Brisbane game today and will add a few my thoughts on how they're going to this thread later today. Oh and one more thing I'll add - if we beat North then it'll be the first time we've ever had a 50/50 record against any team in the AFL if you excluding the early years. We'll even the ledger to 9 wins and 9 losses with a win over the Kangas next week.

Strangely enough, if we get the W against the Roos then we'll find ourselves in the same situation we were in last year when we started the season with 2 wins in the first 6 rounds and then went on a run shortly after that included 5 wins in 6 games which reignited our season and kept the finals dream alive. I'd imagine what we did last year would be considered a statistical anomaly but I will add 3 of our next 4 opponents do seem to be struggling as well - North, Richmond and West Coast - and the only fixture in the next month that looks really difficult on paper is the Demons in round 8. So basically we're just hoping Stuey can get the boys rolling like he did last year and we string a few wins together against struggling opposition to reignite our season like last year.

To answer your question, I want to see the boys kick straight when lining up for goal and play consistent footy for 4 quarters. I firmly believe that has cost us 2 wins this year and the lack of composure / hunger to win in the 4th quarter is alarming. People can call me stupid but I still believe we can turn this around when you consider the opposition we face over the next month. Adelaide have shown what can happen when you get a few wins / build some momentum and your players begin to believe they can play at a high level. We just need to get over the line in a few games and things can turn very quickly.

Anyway. I'll be watching the North v Brisbane game today and will add a few my thoughts on how they're going to this thread later today. Oh and one more thing I'll add - if we beat North then it'll be the first time we've ever had a 50/50 record against any team in the AFL if you excluding the early years. We'll even the ledger to 9 wins and 9 losses with a win over the Kangas next week.
Norh played good footy against Blues in the first half but then damn wall broke without KPDs. Both McKay and Louge will play today. It will be interesting to see how they will go. They could give a scare to Lions if they start well. No game is easy for any team this year.

Norh played good footy against Blues in the first half but then damn wall broke without KPDs. Both McKay and Louge will play today. It will be interesting to see how they will go. They could give a scare to Lions if they start well. No game is easy for any team this year.
That's true. I do think Brisbane will beat them pretty comfortably today but the Roos have shown glimpses of promise this year so it's probably going to require a four quarter effort for the Lions to get the job done. We'll see which North shows up today. I think Clarko had them humming in the first few rounds because it was new and exciting for the players but I always expected them to come back to earth around this time of the season so it could be a good time to face them next week. They'll likely be coming into this clash with three losses in a row when they head north to Heritage next week so there's no way their confidence will be anything like it was at the start of the season.

That's true. I do think Brisbane will beat them pretty comfortably today but the Roos have shown glimpses of promise this year so it's probably going to require a four quarter effort for the Lions to get the job done. We'll see which North shows up today. I think Clarko had them humming in the first few rounds because it was new and exciting for the players but I always expected them to come back to earth around this time of the season so it could be a good time to face them next week. They'll likely be coming into this clash with three losses in a row when they head north to Heritage next week so there's no way their confidence will be anything like it was at the start of the season.
I definitely expect Suns to beat North. I saw enough against Freo to be reasonably optimistic. Often people also underestimate travelling. Two 6 days breaks, travelling to Melbourne on Fri, then home on Sun and then to Adelaide on Wed was far from ideal.

Witts back please. Experienced Goldstein awaits. If Moyle plays, 9 days break should help him but he really does nothing around the ground and against Freo after HT he did also basically nothing in the middle. It was total domination by Darcy/Jackson. I would probably even play Casboult/Day there if Witts is still out. At least they would contribute around the ground and have more mature bodies to last longer.

Last edited:
I definitely expect Suns to beat North. I saw enough against Freo to be reasonably optimistic. Often people also underestimate travelling. Two 6 days breaks, travelling to Melbourne on Fri, then home on Sun and then to Adelaide on Wed was far from ideal.

Witts back please. Experienced Goldstein awaits. If Moyle plays, 9 days break should help him but he really does nothing around the ground and against Freo after HT he did also basically nothing in the middle. It was total domination by Darcy/Jackson. I would probably even play Casboult/Day there if Witts is still out. At least they would contribute around the ground and have more mature bodies to last longer.

Sick of excuses.

North were competitive in the first quarter but Brisbane are well and truly on top now. The pressure was applied and North crumbled with their structures collapsing and allowing the easy overlapping marks inside 50 that were converted by Brisbane's talls.

Might be a case of which team folds to the pressure first when we play them next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back